English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 10 March 2006, 17:27   #1
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Pinbal Dreams WHDLoad Install

Hmm,
something wrong with this install.

I'm using latest ClassicWB P96 with latest install and CAPS (SPS) version of Pinball Dreams and I got error while creating images. I checked directory, and none of images get created even error shows at the end of second image creation.

Attached is screen shot of the error.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PD - Error.png
Views:	233
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	10510  
Old 10 March 2006, 22:14   #2
Npl

Error in Installscript (installed PD just a few weeks ago). I believe the copying from Ram: to installdir aint working. If you copy the files manually you are done.
Old 11 March 2006, 00:05   #3
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Its a sneaky error right at the end of the script.
Galahad: surly the file ripper should be apart of the .islave by now? Having the ripper kludged into the standard script will be what upset it

Ive upped the fixed installer to the zone, maybe wepl or codetapper will pick it to update on site if its not in hand already.

Just tested it out quickly through my winuae environment and had a good long play Sounds great in surround (1 channel per speaker). I could leave it running just for the music

Last edited by Mad-Matt; 11 March 2006 at 00:52.
Old 12 March 2006, 08:56   #4
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt
Galahad: surly the file ripper should be apart of the .islave by now? Having the ripper kludged into the standard script will be what upset it

Ive upped the fixed installer to the zone, maybe wepl or codetapper will pick it to update on site if its not in hand already.

Just tested it out quickly through my winuae environment and had a good long play Sounds great in surround (1 channel per speaker). I could leave it running just for the music
Thanks for the Install.

It works now.
Old 12 March 2006, 09:46   #5
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:

Yep, one of many older installs on my 'to do' list to update
Old 12 March 2006, 12:58   #6
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

While you update this game, any chance of patching in a custom cheat mode for 5 balls instead of 3 ?
Old 12 March 2006, 19:55   #7
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT
Yep, one of many older installs on my 'to do' list to update
Rescently I did install a lot of WHDLoad games, and I have some non-working ones. As I already said, I'm using latest installs, with latest ClassicWB P96 WinUAE setup with CAPS (SPS) images. I have registered WHDLoad and I contacted some patchers for install, but never got anything back from them.

I can create list of install with errors if needed.

Is this forum best place to post WHDLoad problems?
Old 13 March 2006, 01:11   #8
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

bare in mind alot of older installs might be tied to particular but popular original versions long before caps images were introduced, so may not be error so much as unsupported versions. also the patchers that are still active are thoe ones you see on these forums. wont likely get a responce from some of the really old patchers that you dont see here.

you can by all means make a list of suspected issues but id make a seperate thread for it rarther then continue this one .
Old 13 March 2006, 13:33   #9
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
bare in mind alot of older installs might be tied to particular but popular original versions long before caps images were introduced, so may not be error so much as unsupported versions. also the patchers that are still active are thoe ones you see on these forums. wont likely get a responce from some of the really old patchers that you dont see here.

you can by all means make a list of suspected issues but id make a seperate thread for it rarther then continue this one .
Thanks for explanation. Only one I contacted were the one that did some stuff in the past couple of months. I will most likely start separate treads for different games, as most of them have different problems.

I would like to learn more about patching the game and program an amiga. I checked tutorial section here, and there are some nice tutorials, but I'm still missing all the tools required to work with it.
Old 13 March 2006, 18:02   #10
BippyM
Global Moderator

Anubis I'm working on a Asm HDF for developers with everything included..

You can find the thread >> HERE <<

I hope to get this finished soon-as.. just need to get a definitive list of stuff required and system specs required etc..
Old 13 March 2006, 20:04   #11
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
Anubis I'm working on a Asm HDF for developers with everything included..

You can find the thread >> HERE <<

I hope to get this finished soon-as.. just need to get a definitive list of stuff required and system specs required etc..
Great!

Thanks m8!

I posted suggestion to modify Bloodwich's setup (ClassicWB P96) into something like PE (Programmer's Edition ). Or if possible something like update to existing ClassicWB setup.
Here is the list that Crackersixx had listed:

* AsmOne/Pro (with Amiga Includes)
* ReSource 6
* XFDDecrunch
* Hex editor
* Grab
Old 14 March 2006, 14:16   #12
BippyM
Global Moderator

All those (except grab) are included on my HDF.. Though if Bloodwych wants to work together to modify ClassicWB that'd be good