English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 04 January 2013, 21:57   #1
michomis

Many problems with ClassicWB on real Amiga 1200

Hello
I have installed classicWB LITE on CF card via WinUAE. Now when I run it under the same configuration like my AMiga 1200 (2mb chip, 3.0 kick, usb mouse adapter, 4gb cf card as HDD) on WinUAE everything works fine - old demos run with killAGA, WHDLoad games run properly (with a500 kick put in devs folder), mouse work ok.
Now, when I move CF card to Amiga 1200 all things are not running: games require kickstarts a500, demos restart computer and do not run, mouse wheel do not work. I've tried many configurations and settings, reinstalled system couple times and still nothing - on real Amiga always is problem with everything. How to solve this?

I should also mention that when installed on standard workbench3.1 everything works fine on both winUAE and Amiga.

Last edited by michomis; 04 January 2013 at 22:04.

Old 04 January 2013, 22:02   #2
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Probably you didn't set the MaxTransfer to 0x1FE00 when you prepped the CF, it's done under 'advanced settings' in HDToolBox and you must press 'Enter' after you input the value or it wont be saved.

You must enter it for each partition, it's safe to change it now and might solve these issues as long as the data was all transferred in WinUAE, any data copied on the real Amiga could be corrupt.

Mouse issue is probably to do with 'Freewheel' you could disable that in the Classic Workbench options (look for components in the menu system, you can disable many things)
Old 04 January 2013, 22:47   #3
michomis

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
Probably you didn't set the MaxTransfer to 0x1FE00 when you prepped the CF, it's done under 'advanced settings' in HDToolBox and you must press 'Enter' after you input the value or it wont be saved.

You must enter it for each partition, it's safe to change it now and might solve these issues as long as the data was all transferred in WinUAE, any data copied on the real Amiga could be corrupt.
Thanks I will check up on this, nobody mentioned this nowhere

Quote:
Mouse issue is probably to do with 'Freewheel' you could disable that in the Classic Workbench options (look for components in the menu system, you can disable many things)
When it works under winuae it is enabled and works fine, but on Amiga is not, I tried to disable/enable it and many other things and it was still not running. This mouse work fine under standard workbench with Freewheel installed by me.