English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.UAE Wishlist

Old 16 February 2018, 06:48   #81
chip

I was finally able to manage .cop and .zom files for which i asked in this thread the support

I report here how to do with these kind of disks, perhaps it can be helpful to someone

For .cop you need a program which is in a disk called "Simplex Tools 2 (1993)(MSPI).adf" that can be easily found in TOSEC

For .zom files you need a program called "Zoom_5.4.lha" that can be easily downloaded from aminet

Both the programs allows the conversion to the normal ADF file, that can be read by WinUAE
Old 16 February 2018, 06:59   #82
emufan

now a little late, but there is an archiver website, with all those tools.
www.amiga-stuff.com archivers-download
Old 16 February 2018, 10:38   #83
andyhants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Following features are planned for the future, I may implement one (or two? or none!) in next version.

- Amiga multimonitor support, as in support for having for example chipset display and RTG display open at the same time (in separate host windows).
Hi Toni forgive me if you have added a more recent response on this but I for one would really appreciate the multi-monitor or in my case multi-window support function added. I run AmiKit & there are I'm sure several instances where it's running a non RTG demo ( you can hear the music) but it's 'stuck' in RTG display mode. Doesn't always happen & there are more instances where it does flip in & out of native display mode ok but being able to have separate windows defined for native & RTG display modes would be a really valuable addition.
Old 16 February 2018, 16:10   #84
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

In your proposals, the multi monitor have my point.
But if possible , not just multi windows but 2 real monitors support.
Old 16 February 2018, 18:13   #85
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican3 View Post
In your proposals, the multi monitor have my point.
But if possible , not just multi windows but 2 real monitors support.
It is mostly automatic but note that it can only work in full-window mode, fullscreen mode in more than one monitor is not possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhants View Post
Hi Toni forgive me if you have added a more recent response on this but I for one would really appreciate the multi-monitor or in my case multi-window support function added. I run AmiKit & there are I'm sure several instances where it's running a non RTG demo ( you can hear the music) but it's 'stuck' in RTG display mode. Doesn't always happen & there are more instances where it does flip in & out of native display mode ok but being able to have separate windows defined for native & RTG display modes would be a really valuable addition.
I'll try to implement this again after 3.6.1 is out

Note that you can press END+F9 to switch monitors and it is usually better option in your use case. (Than watching demo in another window with other window showing frozen RTG screen)
Old 28 February 2018, 02:39   #86
B14ck W01f
m68k all the way

Toni,
This request is long-winded, so bear with me please...

I previously tried out emulating a specific HD for use with the A2090a by finding out what geometry settings it uses and entering them, but I found out that it does not matter if the geometry settings are correct, you must enter the correct file size as well, otherwise preparing the HD in WB will generate an Error -1 or a read/write error.

I am proposing a button to be implemented in the Hardfile settings that says something such as “Hard Drives”. Click on this, and the resulting dialog box will show a list of hard drives. EXample:

Miniscribe 8455
Miniscribe 8455F
Rodime RO-3055
Toshiba MK-134FA

But since there are too many hard drives that can be implemented inside Amiga machines, limit this list to 20 or 30 hard drives.

Click on OK and the geometry settings are filled automatically, and the file size will be revealed. The user can then choose to create the HDF.

This feature should make it easy for users that don’t want to guess what the file size should be.
Old 28 February 2018, 11:26   #87
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B14ck W01f View Post
I previously tried out emulating a specific HD for use with the A2090a by finding out what geometry settings it uses and entering them, but I found out that it does not matter if the geometry settings are correct, you must enter the correct file size as well, otherwise preparing the HD in WB will generate an Error -1 or a read/write error.
Image size is not important as long as it is same or larger than drive size.

Quote:
I am proposing a button to be implemented in the Hardfile settings that says something such as “Hard Drives”. Click on this, and the resulting dialog box will show a list of hard drives. EXample:
Not worth the trouble. Use of A2090 or non-SCSI/IDE drives is extremely advanced user feature. Adding it to GUI and making it too easy would be really misleading for normal users. (They would assume only listed drives can be used)
Old 03 April 2018, 11:26   #88
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Multimonitor support is finally happening. Current feature plan is:

- Default works like previously, single output with virtual super-switcher-box that automatically/manually with END+F9 can switch virtual Amiga monitors in single WinUAE window.
- Native (chipset) mode output is always mapped to first (default) "monitor".
- Each RTG board/Video port graphics adapter can be moved from default monitor "switch box" to different monitor. Any extra monitor can only have single "video cable" connected, on the fly switching won't be supported.

For example:

- native in first window.
- uaegfx in second window. If program is run that takes over hardware and won't switch RTG off (no proper startup code), program will appear in native mode window normally with uaegfx window still active. (which appears frozen). Both windows are still updated in real-time if program also updates rtg board's VRAM or changes modes etc..
- video port adapter in 3rd window, like A2024, OpalVision, Toaster (when/if it gets emulated) etc.. Or another RTG board.

Physical multi-monitor probably will be supported by 1:1 mapping virtual Amiga monitors to physical monitors. Full-window mode only. Fullscreen won't be supported, it is not possible to have multiple fullscreen mode monitors active simultaneously.

native/uaegfx multi-window mode is already working. First official beta will be released when multi-window mode gets stable enough.
Old 03 April 2018, 17:48   #89
andyhants

Wahey sounds spot-on Toni !
Old 07 April 2018, 15:28   #90
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Virtual multimonitor status report:

- uaegfx RTG in separate window: done.
- any video port adapter in separate window: done.
- hardware emulated RTG boards/x86 bridgeboard VGA: almost done.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 07 April 2018 at 22:14.
Old 07 April 2018, 22:14   #91
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Almost there..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	multimonitor.png
Views:	322
Size:	254.1 KB
ID:	57711  
Old 08 April 2018, 12:50   #92
Leandro Jardim