English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 19 August 2016, 16:28   #101
Swevicus

I love the Powerplay Cruiser (especially the hard-to-find Turbo version with a dedicated autofire button). I think I like it a little more than the Competition Pro and Zipstik because the buttons are spaced a bit further out from the joystick (and the adjustable torque collar). I'm not sure if the fire buttons use microswitches or not - they feel a bit snappy.
Old 20 August 2016, 03:35   #102
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Phoenix View Post
Never liked the 'trigger' style joysticks. I tell you what is fast becoming my fave - The Cruiser joystick.

You can even adjust the stiffness. Great, well made, durable joysticks
Agreed, I got one not too long ago and I find it to be outstanding. I want a second one.
Old 20 August 2016, 20:29   #103
eXeler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swevicus View Post
I love the Powerplay Cruiser (especially the hard-to-find Turbo version with a dedicated autofire button). I think I like it a little more than the Competition Pro and Zipstik because the buttons are spaced a bit further out from the joystick (and the adjustable torque collar). I'm not sure if the fire buttons use microswitches or not - they feel a bit snappy.
Never seen that one before.
But really, for me there will never be one perfect joystick for all games. For playing something like Kick Off 2 I *need* a Wico Bathandle (using the top fire button), but for other games I might prefer TAC2 or even a proper Arcade stick with buttons further away from the stick.

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk
Old 20 August 2016, 21:36   #104
Frostie

Quickshot 2 turbo was my favourite joystick for amiga/c64 gaming, still got one that I use when playing games on vice/winuae.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk