English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 08 April 2017, 15:23   #1
Boojakascha

[solved] Getting a USBC (USB Floppy Drive Emulator with HxC) to work

Hello

I have bought a "USBC - USB Floppy Drive Emulator" in a cased version sold by lotharek. However I have trouble using it! Has anyone of you more success with this product?

I connect it to DF1 with a suitable cable and choose inside the HxC Floppy Emulator Software the device as Amiga, DF1. As adf file I give it a "creature" made by Actionware. When I select everything an reset the amiga by pressing crt and both amiga buttons nothing happens. Two red LEDs are supposed to flash...

The floppy cable itself works, I connected a spare Amiga floppy drive to DF1. Am I supposed to boot from DF1 or so?

[edit]
The solution was to choose MTRON and check twisted cable, rather than DS1 or DS0... so annoying that this isn't documented anywhere...

Last edited by Boojakascha; 08 April 2017 at 16:27. Reason: i found it