English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 07 October 2020, 16:49   #1
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Lancaster from CRL

Lancaster, anybody? It's a WW2 RAF bomber, polygon based game from Actual Screenshots/CRL with the emphasis more on action than simulation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	831_screen12.png
Views:	221
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	69117  
Old 07 October 2020, 18:54   #2
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Angus, me old saw....how the hell are you mate??! I hope you, your missus and the A1200 are well.

It's good to see you're still suggesting games for new WHDLoad patches all these years later and have dusted off your old Amiga gear again for regular(?!) use. I reckon, just for fun and if you're feeling just a bit bloody cheeky, you should drop Phill an email and tell him you've found another 6 unsupported versions of Dragons Breath that need patching!! Should make his day!!!
Old 07 October 2020, 21:43   #3
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Dearest Carlo-San, how is the West side keeping? Do you still have the biggest original collection in Christendom? I have no intention of aggravating the gallant Sir Phill - for three very good reasons.

He has been very kind.
He is significantly bigger than me.
He lives in clobbering range. :-)

I hope all is well with you. I flew over your gaff in January on the way to NZ. Couldn't see you by the pool, you must have been inside.
Old 07 October 2020, 23:16   #4
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The_route_the_killer_took.png
Views:	223
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	69144  

Last edited by Galahad/FLT; 07 October 2020 at 23:23.
Old 07 October 2020, 23:37   #5
Angus
Amiga Games Database

See!!! :-)
Old 13 October 2020, 20:34   #6
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus View Post
Dearest Carlo-San, how is the West side keeping? Do you still have the biggest original collection in Christendom?

I hope all is well with you. I flew over your gaff in January on the way to NZ. Couldn't see you by the pool, you must have been inside.
Tis all calm on the western front here in Oz Angus-san! Unfortunately, the guys 'n' gals on the east coast are in a bit of trouble with multiple waves of COVID-19 running around over there. How's it going in your little part of the world in the UK?! Sincerely hope all is well.....

I'm still having a lot of fun collecting Amiga games.....probably 4000-4500 originals these days. Trouble is that many of the ones left to get hold of can only be found in the far-reaching bowels of Germany and North America, as they never reached Australian shores and likely never made it out of the country/continent of release. Unfortunately, Ebay is the best way of sourcing these obscure releases often and the postage alone can be a killer, never mind the actual "Buy It Now" or winning bid price!

So you went to NZ in January, did you Angus? Business or pleasure?! I, no doubt, would've been out the back tending to the steak 'n' snaggers on the BBQ when you flew over Oz! Did you catch up with Ian (Codetapper) in Auckland, by any chance, during your visit to NZ??!! I must drop him an email....been too long and I've been tied up with the business of life far too much in the last 12-18 months.

Quote:
I have no intention of aggravating the gallant Sir Phill - for three very good reasons.

He has been very kind.
He is significantly bigger than me.
He lives in clobbering range. :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus View Post
See!!! :-)
Don't let Phill fool ya....he's mallowed out a little! He's a grandfather these days and is one big cuddly, muscle-bound marshmallow man!!
If he gives you any trouble, just call the Ghostbusters on him!!!

Last edited by DrBong; 13 October 2020 at 21:59. Reason: Added paragraph!
Old 15 October 2020, 13:40   #7
Angus
Amiga Games Database

It was actually Feb/March, thinking about it. We were lucky to get it done. The agent was originally routing us through an airport in China, and I said, hang on, isn't that where this virus is? "What virus?". (!)
We didn't make it to Auckland, mainly South Island - but I got to see my long time Amiga buddy, Nathan, which was brilliant. And I thought he was a nice guy on comp.sys.amiga.games! :-) Loved NZ, and the peeps and the Prime Minister.
Old 19 October 2020, 19:38   #8
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

You were lucky to get your trip in before the crappola really hit the fan! You should've asked your agent to re-route you through Japan - you could've made a quick pitstop to visit Hidehiko-san!!!

First trip to NZ? Great to hear that Nathan was even nicer in person than on c.s.a.g.! Christchurch is such a lovely place and so are the people. I'm so glad I got to visit in 2008 before the terrible earthquakes. Hopefully they have returned to something of their former glory! Love NZ and the people, and their current PM - despite her youthful inexperience - puts the PMs we've had here in Oz in the last 20-25 years to utter shame. Suffice to say, I thought quite seriously about moving to NZ 10 years ago to work and live.....but had to knock it on the head because of my aging Mum and the wealth of family & friends I have here in Oz. Perhaps retiring there might be on the cards when it comes time.....

Anyway, back to the Amiga - have you had any nibbles for the Lancaster WHD installer?! There's an IPF available for it and I can supply the original to any would-be patcher if it's MIA.
Old 20 October 2020, 00:43   #9
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
You were lucky to get your trip in before the crappola really hit the fan! You should've asked your agent to re-route you through Japan - you could've made a quick pitstop to visit Hidehiko-san!!!

First trip to NZ? Great to hear that Nathan was even nicer in person than on c.s.a.g.! Christchurch is such a lovely place and so are the people. I'm so glad I got to visit in 2008 before the terrible earthquakes. Hopefully they have returned to something of their former glory! Love NZ and the people, and their current PM - despite her youthful inexperience - puts the PMs we've had here in Oz in the last 20-25 years to utter shame. Suffice to say, I thought quite seriously about moving to NZ 10 years ago to work and live.....but had to knock it on the head because of my aging Mum and the wealth of family & friends I have here in Oz. Perhaps retiring there might be on the cards when it comes time.....

Anyway, back to the Amiga - have you had any nibbles for the Lancaster WHD installer?! There's an IPF available for it and I can supply the original to any would-be patcher if it's MIA.
I have an IPF ready for that too
Old 23 October 2020, 12:55   #10
Angus
Amiga Games Database

No nibbles, unfortunately, Carlo. I haven't spoken to Hidehiko-San for ages, I hope he is okay. A top guy and honourable Samurai. Yeah, without wanting to offend any Brits here, I am less than enamoured with our glorious leader.

So errr...... New Zealand, property very expensive is it? :-)