English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 13 May 2008, 12:58   #21
Ian
Global Moderator

Will do, do you want top quality VBR or just something so you can listen to it?
Old 14 May 2008, 02:41   #22
mil

Clockwiser- The music greatly aids the puzzle atmosphere. Mixture of themes but my favorite is the one that sounds like a starry night over a fantasy landscape. Unfortunately the backgrounds in Clockwiser are only blends of colors and nothing distinct like the pictures the music creates in your mind. Adding such artwork would do the atmosphere better justice.

Sleepwalker- A sentimental favorite. It's pretty much the only thing that keeps me coming back to this absurdly difficult game. Nighttime sleepwalking music which appropriately complements the isolationist feel of the first two levels. Can't say for sure if it complements the other levels as I have never been able to get to them. A damn shame this game wouldn't allow for more safe spots (i.e. leaving Lee between two walls). And the fact Lee got damaged slightly just by touching a wall was simply aggravating. Far better to listen to the soundtrack than play the actual game.

Super Stardust- One of the only things I can remember about this game is that the soundtrack was noticeably good. I really did not care for the gameplay though. After having played the vastly superior remake, I think I will give this one another shot (literally). Super Stardust has been freeware for awhile. You can get it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser View Post
I love cd32 cdda tracks on some cd32 games
benefactor cd32 incredible music...egyptian and techno levels are awesome
Does anyone have a cue file for Benfactor CD32? I'm planning on converting the .ogg tracks into .wav files and then mounting them together with the ripped game image. I've never been able to find the full CD image so the cue file would help me make one. The cue I have doesn't list the CD tracks.

Old 14 May 2008, 03:16   #23
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mil View Post

Does anyone have a cue file for Benfactor CD32? I'm planning on converting the .ogg tracks into .wav files and then mounting them together with the ripped game image. I've never been able to find the full CD image so the cue file would help me make one. The cue I have doesn't list the CD tracks.
Edit: Attached the TOSEC cue. Delete the old file (from a Bin/CUE), if you already got it.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Benefactor (Cue).rar (350 Bytes, 127 views)

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 14 May 2008 at 07:02.
Old 14 May 2008, 07:03   #24
laser
Banned

mil,

I use "sega cue maker" to make or reconstruct cd images ...then I convert all to .NRG (nero format)
I like the NRG format and I consider it the best cd image format because 1cd image= 1 file ....and of course can contain cdda tracks

bye
Old 14 May 2008, 07:19   #25
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Yep. Sega Cue maker is a fine tool to recreate your images.

http://www.fortunecity.com/underworl.../programs.html
Old 14 May 2008, 13:28   #26
alkis21
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to alkis21
I haven't played many CD games, but my favorite one is the introduction song of OnEscapee.

Here it is (somewhat spoiled by the sound effects, but still awesome)
Old 15 May 2008, 08:06   #27
mil

Thanks once again Retro-Nerd! And thank you laser! I got it to work!

In retrospect, I probably should have converted my cue, ccd, sub, and Benefactor image files into bin/cue format first and then used Sega Cue Maker. Renaming everything works too but it takes more time.

Benefactor is pretty good. Not just the audio but the gameplay itself. A mixture of genres which holds together due to its great leniency and constant invention.

Old 15 May 2008, 09:54   #28
jotd
This cat is no more

Robocod CD32 has a very good title tune (by Richard Joseph).
Fire & Ice CD32 is excellent too.

A disappointment is all CD versions of Bitmap Bros games (Speedball 2, Chaos Engine). They removed the main tune and put some cheesy music instead.
Old 15 May 2008, 11:33   #29
Ironclaw
Banned

Best CD32 audio tracks?

That's a question that actually can't be answered, as we ALL have different taste in music.... the music classed as bad is prolly my favs.