English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 02 March 2016, 14:44   #121
AMIGASYSTEM

Ok arranged MUI, of AfA OS I was using version 4, Now I used my old copy MUI 3.8 and I managed to save some background with a few objects.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 23 June 2016 at 21:43.
Old 02 March 2016, 15:08   #122
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi Retrofan and AmigaSystem!

Wow, amazing customisations! Great skins

I will include the (free/open-source) images that you post here (or send to me) and I will also add a "default" background image so that you can change (and save!) the background even if you don't have a registered version of MUI.

Cheers!
Old 02 March 2016, 17:34   #123
AMIGASYSTEM

Regarding the buttons do not know if it works on Google I tried with the public keyword public domain, same images Radio, Now I do not know if I can send or attach them here on the forum. Of course if you want you could create something new but do not know if you get the same results

I had asked previously if in the future there will be a version of AROS, in order to have AmiModRadio Also on My IcarOS
Old 02 March 2016, 17:48   #124
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi AmigaSystem!

Regarding the images, the safest way is to download them from Web site that clearly indicate their licenses/copyright status.

Ah, sorry for not answering your question: doesn't AmiModRadio work in AROS "automagically"? I haven't installed AROS yet so I cannot try...

Please let me know!
Old 02 March 2016, 19:31   #125
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygre View Post
Hi AmigaSystem!

Regarding the images, the safest way is to download them from Web site that clearly indicate their licenses/copyright status.
Not always possible to have the right informationi, usually images without Watermark there is no information.

Quote:

Ah, sorry for not answering your question: doesn't AmiModRadio work in AROS "automagically"? I haven't installed AROS yet so I cannot try...
Please let me know!
Probably emulation [ Show youtube player ] you will definitely perform AmiModRadio, but I was talking to a native version AROS.
Old 03 March 2016, 00:58   #126
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Just to tell that I've contacted some great artist that "maybe" creates a new Skin for AmiModRadio: something "unique" as he has told me. Fingers crossed .
Old 03 March 2016, 01:04   #127
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I was thinking: Can MUI4 use animated gif images? Just wondering.

I was thinking in the Boing ball with the AmiModRadio 3D name spinning around it; both spinning on the contrary .

Edit: Tygre you've got an answer about the problem with MUI https://muidev.de/ticket/293

Last edited by Retrofan; 03 March 2016 at 19:57.
Old 03 March 2016, 12:47   #128
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
The image of the radio. It can't be transparent with MUI yet as far as I know
Yes it can, just look at ReqAttack and LCDMonitorTest, for instance.
You could also have transparency (with systems like AfA) on the audio controls if TheBar was used for toolbar images:

http://aminet.net/package/dev/mui/MCC_TheBar_68k

Quote:
I was thinking: Can MUI4 use animated gif images? Just wondering.

I was thinking in the Boing ball with the AmiModRadio 3D name spinning around it.
You can use GIFAnim.mcc with MUI3/4:

http://aminet.net/package/dev/mui/MCC_GIFAnim
Old 03 March 2016, 17:57   #129
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks a lot James. I asked also at the MUI site and they recommend the same about gif. But I find problems.

Do you mean that for using The Bar for the toolbar images and also to use gif images then the program should be changed? I think so, as I've tried both things and the buttons weren't transparent (the borders of some buttons) and the gif image was static.

Here you've got a gif image with which you (or Tygre) can try:
http://raycomp.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/a2.gif or this: http://www.theisozone.com/forum/down...1400277802.gif

So well, as this thread is made also for support/suggestions/bugs/etc, I suggest to implement the use of The Bar for the toolbar images but mainly the use of gifanim.mcc if that's necessary.

Last edited by Retrofan; 03 March 2016 at 20:01.
Old 03 March 2016, 19:35   #130
James

Quote:
Do you mean that for using The Bar for the toolbar images and also to use gif images then the program should be changed
Yes, sorry, should have been clearer on this point. We would have to beg Tygre to make a few changes.
Old 03 March 2016, 19:46   #131
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Don't worry, James mate. There is still something that you can do: To find a better set of the small icons it uses on the right.

I tried to find them but I couldn't, they didn't look right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
We would have to beg Tygre to make a few changes.
I guess that if he comments about them in the MUI4 site he will have not only answers, but complete code like he had yesterday with the problems with the Horizontal Group.

Edit: From my question in the MUI4 site I've been told:

Quote:
You should check the availability of GIFAnim.mcc ahead of creating your application and output an appropriate error message. Otherwise creating the application will fail silently if GIFAnim.mcc is not installed.
Just take a look at the developer stuff and demo sources supplied with the class' archive. It should become obvious how to use the class.
It is possible to use simple GIF images with MUI's internal Image class if an appropriate GIF datatype is available, but for GIF animations you will see the very first frame of the animation only. This defeats the purpose of GIF animations.
So for what I see AMR could check for its availability (GIFAnim.mcc) and use it or not.

Only rests to see if Tygre has interest in adding it. I know it would look simply awesome using an animated gif for the radio image and I know I can get support for a nice one.

Last edited by Retrofan; 05 March 2016 at 00:59.
Old 03 March 2016, 22:18   #132
Cylon

@tygre
Nice tool so far. Can you add some labels to the string gadgets to tell what they are for? Like "Server" for the mods directory etc..
For a novice user it is far from obvious what all those textfields are meant for. I asssume you have bubblehelp applied, but i did not tested yet.
Old 04 March 2016, 10:19   #133
TenLeftFingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon View Post
@tygre
Nice tool so far. Can you add some labels to the string gadgets to tell what they are for? Like "Server" for the mods directory etc..
For a novice user it is far from obvious what all those textfields are meant for. I asssume you have bubblehelp applied, but i did not tested yet.
+1 I didn't get it working, but I filed a bug suggesting to add a readme doc or something explaining what to do after the error that it cannot find streams to play.
Old 04 March 2016, 15:19   #134
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Paul Kitching is a great artist:

https://generationamigapro.wordpress...eration-amiga/

http://oldschoolgameblog.com/tag/paul-kitching/ about the Viva Amiga documentary.

That has some wonderful wallpapers and images:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/10900349...91910035194660

And he has been so kind to allow me to use one of his images for another skin for AMR and AmiKit:

I also add another Technics image as Radio image (rename it to Radio107x107.iff):

Thanks a lot Paul
Attached Files
File Type: zip Skins2.zip (241.3 KB, 135 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 04 March 2016 at 23:02.
Old 04 March 2016, 15:31   #135
tygre
Returning fan!

@Retrofan, @James, @Cylon

Thank you for your great suggestions and skins! I will definitely implement your ideas but it may take a little while... one step at a time with MUI

Cheers!
Old 04 March 2016, 15:32   #136
tygre
Returning fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenLeftFingers View Post
+1 I didn't get it working, but I filed a bug suggesting to add a readme doc or something explaining what to do after the error that it cannot find streams to play.
Hi TenLeftFingers!

Sorry about that! AmiModRadio didn't work because it could not find a player or for some other reason?

Cheers!
Old 04 March 2016, 17:39   #137
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

You have to add a line to the User-Startup like:

Code:
Path "Sys:Utilities/HippoPlayer"
pointing to the drawer where HippoPlayer (or another player) is.

Last edited by Retrofan; 05 March 2016 at 04:17.
Old 04 March 2016, 19:51   #138
daxb

The better solution is to use a start script that does all what is need for AmiModRadio. Maybe tygre can include one with all the supported player. So the user just need to edit that start script.
Old 04 March 2016, 23:26   #139
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxb View Post
The better solution is to use a start script that does all what is need for AmiModRadio. Maybe tygre can include one with all the supported player. So the user just need to edit that start script.
I was thinking the same at first and I even made that start script, but I actually like how it works. You put that line once in the U-S and you're done. "all what is need for AmiModRadio" is just that line and an internet connection.

@Tygre have you tried the new suggested code at the MUI4 site to solve the problem with the groups?

Edit:
Another image for the Radio; Technics3:

Attached Files
File Type: zip Technics3.zip (33.4 KB, 118 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 05 March 2016 at 01:36.
Old 05 March 2016, 03:19   #140
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi Retrofan!

Yes, fixed the problem and verified the fix in the new version, yesterday, on my AmiKit at work

Your skins look very cool, thanks! However, I can't seem to be able to reproduce them programmatically For example, the latest image that you showed is it a "true" screenshot or is it an image that you modified by hand?

One thing that I cannot manage to reproduce is the "transparent" background for the StringObjects (second and third text gadgets starting from the row of control buttons). I tried different ways and experimented with NewString and BetterString and, still, I never managed to get the background "transparent". Anyone anyidea?

(Just to clarify, the background of the other TextObjects is "transparent" and, by transparent, I mean that it had no colour, it does not "exist" and, hence, it shows the part of the background image below.)

Cheers!