English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 10 July 2009, 19:58   #1
skateblind
Village Idiot

Future Wars: Time Traveller

When I try load a previous game, the list of saves is blank, but if I try load a blank slot then it loads the save I made. So I have to keep loading saves until I find the right one. Anyone know why I can't see the text on my real machine?

I have managed to reach the monastery and I have the robe, but when I try enter, I get caught immediately. I have read a walkthrough and it says you should follow the monks round the room and then quickly open a door, but I don't get a chance to even follow them when I enter the building.
Could anybody give me some help on how to get past this bit please?
Old 10 July 2009, 20:43   #2
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Can't help you with the save problem, sorry.

As for the monks, IIRC (it has been a very long time since I played the game), you must wait for them to get past you before you try and follow them.

In other words, when the screen switches to the new room, you don't do a single thing until you can get just behind the 3rd monk (as if you were the 4th)
Old 10 July 2009, 23:48   #3
skateblind
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
Can't help you with the save problem, sorry.

As for the monks, IIRC (it has been a very long time since I played the game), you must wait for them to get past you before you try and follow them.

In other words, when the screen switches to the new room, you don't do a single thing until you can get just behind the 3rd monk (as if you were the 4th)
That is what I have been trying to do and they still catch me. I will keep trying, maybe I am moving a tiny bit and that causes them to notice me.
Old 11 July 2009, 00:59   #4
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Be sure when you make your first step to enter the path to go in a diagonal that follows the direction the monks are walking. And preferably do a small step.

I believe if you enter by facing the opposite direction or even the direction you face when you enter the door (which is therefore at 90° of the monk path) you will get caught.
You may need to do a few 'small step' clicks (i.e. click very near of your character) to do that.
Old 11 July 2009, 01:03   #5
skateblind
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
Be sure when you make your first step to enter the path to go in a diagonal that follows the direction the monks are walking. And preferably do a small step.

I believe if you enter by facing the opposite direction or even the direction you face when you enter the door (which is therefore at 90° of the monk path) you will get caught.
You may need to do a few 'small step' clicks (i.e. click very near of your character) to do that.
Well, I don't get a chance to follow them, so it might be the way I enter the building that is causing the trouble. Thanks for the help.
Old 11 July 2009, 01:57   #6
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Simple: DO NOT touch the center area (where they "waft") with your feet, nor try to run across diagonally in any way!
AND always run counter-clockwise. That is absolutely mandatory.

Haste will be your peril. Don't be in too great hurry and feel to do everything head-over-heels. Instead, run (preferably in small steps) in a wide square round the room and always stay close to the wall to your right. That's how I made it very easily.
Old 11 July 2009, 03:17   #7
NubeCheCorre

Yes, that' s it do not enter in the center and walk following the borders !! ( i finished that game long time ago ... )

That's very important, before you go further ( as you cannot go back in the game ) have you taken the coin at the beginning of the game ??

You need at the very end of the game and without the coin you' ll get stuck !!
Old 11 July 2009, 11:57   #8
skateblind
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NubeCheCorre View Post
Yes, that' s it do not enter in the center and walk following the borders !! ( i finished that game long time ago ... )

That's very important, before you go further ( as you cannot go back in the game ) have you taken the coin at the beginning of the game ??

You need at the very end of the game and without the coin you' ll get stuck !!
If you are talking about the silver coin, then yes I have got it. I think you need it to talk to the king in the castle before you go to the monastery, thanks for the tip though.
Old 14 July 2009, 19:45   #9
NubeCheCorre

you need the coin at the very end of the game to escape from a prison and if you don't have it, you have to restart the game from the beginning..
Old 14 July 2009, 20:14   #10
skateblind
Village Idiot

I thought I had the silver coin, since I thought you had to use it in the pub to see the king or something, but I checked my inventory and I don't have it! I did get stuck at one point and I had to look at a walkthrough to find out I missed an item somewhere, this game is really badly designed.

BTW, I figured out why I was getting caught by the monks as soon as I entered the building, it was because I was standing at the wrong point when opening the door. I have don't see how I am going to finish this game without a walkthrough...
Old 14 July 2009, 20:24   #11
NubeCheCorre

fortunatly you are at the beginning of the game if i remember well, so restart the game and remember the coin and save a lot to eventually restart from a previous point not so far from the actual one
Old 14 July 2009, 20:47   #12
andreas
Zone Friend

Prison? Well you cannot be speaking of the CRUGHON prison, because you need the gas capsule and some METALLIC object other than a coin to escape from the prison. And yes, I had to reload an *ancient* save game because I forgot to pick it up (I think it's before the future level in the year 4315...)

Last edited by andreas; 15 July 2009 at 19:32.
Old 14 July 2009, 22:07   #13
NubeCheCorre

check pm
Old 15 July 2009, 19:30   #14
andreas
Zone Friend

Done, thanks. You can also edit your post if you want to correct or clarify something, by the way.
@all I asked Nube some detail via pm because it's no good idea giving away half of the game if someone is still playing this, so I seriously feared I'd spoil too much in my question
Old 15 July 2009, 19:33   #15
skateblind
Village Idiot

Thank you :P
Old 16 July 2009, 13:57   #16
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas View Post
Prison? Well you cannot be speaking of the CRUGHON prison, because you need the gas capsule and some METALLIC object other than a coin to escape from the prison. And yes, I had to reload an *ancient* save game because I forgot to pick it up (I think it's before the future level in the year 4315...)
This happens often in FW, unfortunatelly. It would be a great game, but with these stupidities it is only good
Old 17 July 2009, 15:29   #17
andreas
Zone Friend

Oh boy, c'mon these things were already bog-standard in Police Quest I, weren't they? Just live with it and don't complain: it's an adventure.
Old 17 July 2009, 15:46   #18
Ironclaw
Banned

Meh, whenever a person gets stuck in a game, they should check our longplays, they are better than textbased walkthroughs imo, as lots of walkthroughs can have errors, or bad explanations, but with a video longplay, you can't go wrong :P (in most cases).

[ Show youtube player ]

The part you needed help with (but you don't need it now) is at 21:37.
Old 17 July 2009, 19:19   #19
skateblind
Village Idiot

I do you usually, but sometimes I forget. Thanks IC.
Have some empty space as a thank you:

End.
Old 17 July 2009, 19:21   #20
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw View Post
Meh, whenever a person gets stuck in a game, they should check our longplays, they are better than textbased walkthroughs imo, as lots of walkthroughs can have errors, or bad explanations, but with a video longplay, you can't go wrong :P (in most cases).

[ Show youtube player ]

The part you needed help with (but you don't need it now) is at 21:37.
you forgot to add

END ADVERTISEMENT

maybe some people want to avoid the temptation to watch the rest of the video and spoil the game? or get frustrated waiting for a video to load? or use a setup which doesnt allow for viewing of youtube (or other) videos?