English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 20 August 2020, 02:14   #3301
ransom1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radertified View Post
While I'm always wary of writing files onto a disk and potentially overwriting data, I tested it and it does seem to be 100%. Well, 100% for this version of the game.

Tested game to completion. Tested losses. Winning and losing bonus stages. 1 and 2 player. etc. All variations that I could think of and I see no problems other than graphical glitches and the "Just in time" bug that seem to be in all currently available versions.
When you mean just in time bug I assume you are referring to the text when you beat final boss "chozen" ?

With the HQS cracked adf you get the final spinning drum when you beat the final boss, then you get the final message...

Not sure how the spinning drum works at the end as the enemy keeps knocking me out.
Old 20 August 2020, 02:26   #3302
Radertified

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
When you mean just in time bug I assume you are referring to the text when you beat final boss "chozen" ?

With the HQS cracked adf you get the final spinning drum when you beat the final boss, then you get the final message...

Not sure how the spinning drum works at the end as the enemy keeps knocking me out.
I've outlined the bug in this thread but basically, you defeat Chozen and the drum begins. It doesn't matter if you stand there or not, you'll always get the message "Just in time - you saved the day". I've tested every single available ADF and it's the same thing.

In the Atari ST version (and presumably the version I remember having on the Amiga back in the day), if you don't execute the drum properly, you're meant to get "You lost everything but your score".

The drum is identical to the ice levels. Wiggle joystick until you get enough speed. Then you press fire at the exact right time to knock down Chozen. It's based on timing rather than skill.
Old 20 August 2020, 10:30   #3303
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
While I'm always wary of writing files onto a disk and potentially overwriting data, I tested it and it does seem to be 100%. Well, 100% for this version of the game.

Tested game to completion. Tested losses. Winning and losing bonus stages. 1 and 2 player. etc. All variations that I could think of and I see no problems other than graphical glitches and the "Just in time" bug that seem to be in all currently available versions.
Great, many thanks for testing also

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Same thing happened to me when playing through yesterday; no idea what to do here.

Quote:
I've outlined the bug in this thread but basically, you defeat Chozen and the drum begins. It doesn't matter if you stand there or not, you'll always get the message "Just in time - you saved the day". I've tested every single available ADF and it's the same thing.

In the Atari ST version (and presumably the version I remember having on the Amiga back in the day), if you don't execute the drum properly, you're meant to get "You lost everything but your score".

The drum is identical to the ice levels. Wiggle joystick until you get enough speed. Then you press fire at the exact right time to knock down Chozen. It's based on timing rather than skill.
Ah, cheers

Needless to say I also sucked at the ice breaking stages and had no idea what to do
Old 20 August 2020, 12:23   #3304
ransom1122

Ice breaker, wiggle joystick left and right till drum is at full speed. Then hold fire button down to commence the lunch and let go of fire button just before he hits the sheets. The faster the drum spin the more ice sheets you can break, 6 sheets = 3,000 points..

As for final drum, I'm not 100% sure as I did have the drums spinning at max speed, it still resulted in me getting punched in the face. Lolz
Old 20 August 2020, 12:35   #3305
DamienD
Banned

Thanks for the tips guys... but to be honest; I'm never going to play this mediocre game again in my lifetime
Old 20 August 2020, 12:42   #3306
ransom1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Thanks for the tips guys... but to be honest; I'm never going to play this mediocre game again in my lifetime
For a 33-34 year old game its not that bad for its time. Like I've said to you I play it for nostalgic reasons...
Old 20 August 2020, 15:20   #3307
DamienD
Banned

Tiny Bobble updated to the latest beta

So, please just do the following:
  • Delete the <gamedir> "C:\WinUAE\Games\Tiny Bobble".
  • Download / extract this file into "C:\WinUAE".
Old 20 August 2020, 16:53   #3308
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post

Think I am going to wait for a more final version the constant updates are sending me over the edge Nice though.
Old 20 August 2020, 18:50   #3309
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
Think I am going to wait for a more final version the constant updates are sending me over the edge Nice though.
I put them up so that people are playing the latest beta and can then assist pink by testing / providing feedback / reporting issues.

...but that's ok if you don't want to be part of this and help; I'm sure by going off the thread, that there are more than enough beta testers
Old 21 August 2020, 13:40   #3310
DamienD
Banned

I've found a better crack of Brataccas that doesn't suffer from a hacked title screen / messed up music like the "Rectum Research" one does

• Delete the <gamedir> "C:\WinUAE\Games\Brataccas".

Edit: as a side note, even the SPS version has messed up music when I run this in WinUAE.

Well done ECA for somehow fixing this

Last edited by DamienD; 21 August 2020 at 20:00.
Old 22 August 2020, 11:30   #3311
DamienD
Banned

Old 22 August 2020, 11:35   #3312
DamienD
Banned

Smarty and the Nasty Gluttons has now been updated with ross's uber one disk mega trainer

• Delete the <gamedir> "C:\WinUAE\Games\Smarty and the Nasty Gluttons".
Old 22 August 2020, 18:40   #3313
DamienD
Banned

This one's for dreadnought (even though he doesn't have my collection); as apparently without Delta Patrol, no collection is complete...

Being serious now; to be honest, I was going to add it in at some stage as it's one of the first Amiga games.

So, please just download / extract this file into "C:\WinUAE"

Last edited by DamienD; 23 August 2020 at 11:40. Reason: Fixed spelling mistakes...
Old 22 August 2020, 20:38   #3314
seuden
uber cool demi god

Looks like Killer Cobra on the Amstrad.
Old 23 August 2020, 19:25   #3315
DamienD
Banned

Old 24 August 2020, 17:05   #3316
DamienD
Banned

Tiny Bobble updated to the final version

• Delete the configuration file "C:\WinUAE\Configurations\Tiny Bobble [beta]".
Old 24 August 2020, 22:00   #3317
Kevhala

So, I`ve had Damiens collection for a few weeks now, & all he asked was some feed back, so the least I can do is offer some.
This collection is an amiga lovers dream, all the old favs all working with a click. Also all the games I used to read reviews for, but never got to play, now here for me to play at my leisure. But on top of that, all the games I`ve never heard of (or forgotten), that I just can't wait to look at.
My only problem is where to start...so as the collection took Damien 15 years to put together, I may as well start right at the beginning & vow to look at them all over the next 15 years!!
You can tell this is a real labour of love, so thanks for sharing this unique collection with us, Damien.
May you continue to find nuggets to add to the list for years to come.
Old 25 August 2020, 00:00   #3318
DamienD
Banned

Hi Kevhala,

Thank you very much for taking to time to give feedback, much appreciated

Hope you enjoy the collection
Old 25 August 2020, 00:56   #3319
gman58

I downloaded all files and installed, started to play some memorable games.

Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into this, it is quite evident.

I used to be an electronics technician many years ago, working on A1000's and A500's, along with VIC-20's and C-64's. True story, my first Amiga was given to me by Commodore, a shipment of A500's arrived with user manuals missing from one of the boxes in an order our company placed with Commodore. I alerted Commodore to this oversight and they sent us a complete A500, no charge, so my boss gave it to me. I wish I had never sold it many years later.

Your work is a testament to the influence these systems had on us. I really like the way you set it up. I am now a software developer and I may look into front-ending Amiga games, not that I don't like or appreciate your work, I certainly do, just something to fiddle with in my "spare" time.

Thank you for putting all these memories into a nice neat package, I see myself staying up late at night as I did when I was younger, I can hear my wife calling to me from our bed, "Roy, it's 3 in the morning"

I have tested out a bunch of games already and have to say you did a great job.

P.S. Can you add Peter's Quest, my wife and I used to play that till the wee hours of the morning.
Old 25 August 2020, 10:45   #3320
DamienD
Banned

I've now added ross's tiny trainer of Tiny Bobble