English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 10 October 2019, 22:21   #401
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvh2k View Post
Hi cyberhead97, firstly excellent work! this is an amazing project. I noticed installing ClassicWB ADVSP with 3.1.4 results in the wrong icons been installed. Is this a workaround for the Scalos NewIcons issue you reported on in this post:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=98678
It's correct that ClassicWB ADVSP has incorrect icons when installed with Amiga OS 3.1.4. This was my quick fix for the garbled icons I wasn't able to figure out at that time when releasing HstWB Installer v1.4.0. I have since discovered that disabling Scalos seems to fix this.

I have come far updating ClassicWB FULL, ADV, ADVSP and P96 to disable Scalos when being installed with Amiga OS 3.1.4, but I haven't had the time to fully test all of it's corners yet to ensure the fixes work properly.

Unfortunately work has interfered a lot lately, so I haven't been able to give it the amount of time I want to.
Old 16 October 2019, 00:45   #402
reno

Hello,

I'm relatively new to this and running into issues with HstWb Installer 1.4.1
Actually the issues are probably more with BestWB, and I'd like to know if it's a good choice for what I'm doing :

My goal is to make CF images for my A1200 + ACA1233n, my CD32 + TF330, and an A500 + ACA500plus. It's mostly for WHDLoad games and it needs to be simple (actually I'd like something that boots straight to a games menu program, at least for the CD32), but I might want to use things like Protracker for example.

I'm using a 8GB prebuilt image with FS-UAE on Mac, in amigaos/ I've using 3.1.4 + 3.1.4.1 update, in userpackages/ the demos / games / games_beta EAB packages, and many KS ROMs in kickstart/

1. The first small issue was that after running hstwb_image_setup, there were hardcoded Windows paths (D:\ something) in the FS-UAE config for hard disks. No big deal, I fixed them manually.

2. Then I decided to choose BestWB as a WB package : it seems to try to make things easy and clean for beginners like me (useful utilities like lha pre-installed and file associations set up, etc, required libraries for different CPUs...)

The installation went fine (except I really don't know if I should choose 320x128 or 320x256 screenshots), but when I rebooted and launched iGame (still in FS-UAE)... nothing happened. I used "SnoopDos" which BestWB provides : it tells me cybergraphics.library and muimaster.library failed to launch... please keep in mind at this stage I wouldn't know how to install them from AmiNet : I don't even know where Directory Opus is (it's mentioned in the installer but I can't see it in menus later), if I can unpack lha files at this point or need to download lha first, etc.

But AGS2 works so I tried a game in it... WHDLoad complains it can't find the .rtb files in the Kickstarts: directory. After a bit of Googling it seems like this is something provided by "SoftKicker" which is missing too.

I guess my question is : was BestWB the right choice for a beginner like me ?
Is there an easy way to get all of the benefits of it but still have basic things like iGame and WHDLoad working by default ?
Should I just stick to HstWB, will it work with my ACA1233n out of the box (I might downgrade to an ACA1221ec later) ?

Thanks
Old 17 October 2019, 20:24   #403
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by reno View Post
Hello,

I'm relatively new to this and running into issues with HstWb Installer 1.4.1
Actually the issues are probably more with BestWB, and I'd like to know if it's a good choice for what I'm doing :

My goal is to make CF images for my A1200 + ACA1233n, my CD32 + TF330, and an A500 + ACA500plus. It's mostly for WHDLoad games and it needs to be simple (actually I'd like something that boots straight to a games menu program, at least for the CD32), but I might want to use things like Protracker for example.

I'm using a 8GB prebuilt image with FS-UAE on Mac, in amigaos/ I've using 3.1.4 + 3.1.4.1 update, in userpackages/ the demos / games / games_beta EAB packages, and many KS ROMs in kickstart/

1. The first small issue was that after running hstwb_image_setup, there were hardcoded Windows paths (D:\ something) in the FS-UAE config for hard disks. No big deal, I fixed them manually.
All prebuilt self install images are built on my Windows pc, so config files will have hardcoded Windows paths. These should be adjusted to Mac OS, if you double-click on "hstwb_image_setup.command" from Finder. You can also adjust the paths manually.

Quote:

2. Then I decided to choose BestWB as a WB package : it seems to try to make things easy and clean for beginners like me (useful utilities like lha pre-installed and file associations set up, etc, required libraries for different CPUs...)
BestWB is a good choice to keep your Amiga OS installation simple and clean. However it does require you to make some additional installation manually like SoftKicker files for WHDLoad. ClassicWB and HstWB packages has these files.

Quote:

The installation went fine (except I really don't know if I should choose 320x128 or 320x256 screenshots), but when I rebooted and launched iGame (still in FS-UAE)... nothing happened. I used "SnoopDos" which BestWB provides : it tells me cybergraphics.library and muimaster.library failed to launch... please keep in mind at this stage I wouldn't know how to install them from AmiNet : I don't even know where Directory Opus is (it's mentioned in the installer but I can't see it in menus later), if I can unpack lha files at this point or need to download lha first, etc.

But AGS2 works so I tried a game in it... WHDLoad complains it can't find the .rtb files in the Kickstarts: directory. After a bit of Googling it seems like this is something provided by "SoftKicker" which is missing too.
There is not much help or pointers as to why you can choose between screenshot resolution 320x128 and 320x256. I need to add more details about this to that menu. Basically 320x128 is for non-interlaced screenmode 640x256 and 320x256 is for interlaced 640x512 and RTG high resolution screenmodes.

iGame does also require MUI and a few libraries and extras for MUI, which might explain muimaster.library fail. These are not part of BestWB, so you need to install these manually from AmiNet. It's easy to find details about this. I have thought about making additional user packages to install this, but haven't started on to that yet.

Quote:

I guess my question is : was BestWB the right choice for a beginner like me ?
Is there an easy way to get all of the benefits of it but still have basic things like iGame and WHDLoad working by default ?
Should I just stick to HstWB, will it work with my ACA1233n out of the box (I might downgrade to an ACA1221ec later) ?

Thanks
As a beginner BestWB is good, if you're familiar with installation of libraries, utils from AmiNet and want to make you're own minimalistic setup. If you just want a Workbench setup that has most of all this installed for you, then ClassicWB is a better choice or my own HstWB.

I haven't got a ACA1233n, so I'm actually not aware if it will work with the ACA tools it has installed. When I created HstWB package, I tested it with my ACA1220. This was mostly to get Maprom working, but I'm sure newer tools needs to be installed for ACA1233n. This goes back to me wanting to add more user packages to handle this.
Old 19 October 2019, 13:17   #404
symbios24

Hello, i found some bugs with version 1.2.0 on raspberry pi 3
upon installing AmigaOS 3.9 with workbench 3.9 and all games packages eg:

eab-whdload-demos
eab-whdload-games
eab-whdload-games_beta

after installation is finish upon opening the launchers folder Hstwb and trying the first game launcher AGS2 Games i got a black corrupted screen and sound heard from the backround apparently the launcher is not diplaying correctly

Upon executing the second launcher HST Games and clicking in Letter A to show me the game list i got a message saying HST Launcher run file HSTLauncher 0-9 A run doesnt exist the same is happening with all the other Letters

The Third Launcher Igame works fine

and this happens in AmigaOS 3.9 installed with workbench OS-3.9 by trying betterWB without amiga os installed all game launchers working fine

By installing AmigaOS 3.9 with classic workbench full all the launchers work fine but upon boot in workbench i got an error saying Cannot open "workbench.library",version 45,Unable to run "AmiDock" the same error happens in installing AmigaOS 3.9 with classicWB ADVSP i can assume it happens with all other workbench`s except ClassicWB_OS39

Can you fix this or tell me how to fix it before or after install ? or at least to fix the 2 other launchers for amiga os

Thanks

Last edited by symbios24; 19 October 2019 at 18:16.
Old 20 October 2019, 20:40   #405
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbios24 View Post
Hello, i found some bugs with version 1.2.0 on raspberry pi 3
upon installing AmigaOS 3.9 with workbench 3.9 and all games packages eg:

eab-whdload-demos
eab-whdload-games
eab-whdload-games_beta

after installation is finish upon opening the launchers folder Hstwb and trying the first game launcher AGS2 Games i got a black corrupted screen and sound heard from the backround apparently the launcher is not diplaying correctly

Upon executing the second launcher HST Games and clicking in Letter A to show me the game list i got a message saying HST Launcher run file HSTLauncher 0-9 A run doesnt exist the same is happening with all the other Letters

The Third Launcher Igame works fine

and this happens in AmigaOS 3.9 installed with workbench OS-3.9 by trying betterWB without amiga os installed all game launchers working fine

By installing AmigaOS 3.9 with classic workbench full all the launchers work fine but upon boot in workbench i got an error saying Cannot open "workbench.library",version 45,Unable to run "AmiDock" the same error happens in installing AmigaOS 3.9 with classicWB ADVSP i can assume it happens with all other workbench`s except ClassicWB_OS39

Can you fix this or tell me how to fix it before or after install ? or at least to fix the 2 other launchers for amiga os

Thanks
HstWB Installer v1.2.0 doesn't have package filtering, which means you can easily make an installation that won't work. Installing ClassicWB ADVSP with Amiga OS 3.9 won't work well as ClassicWB ADVSP was built for Amiga OS 3.1. If you choose to install Amiga OS 3.9, then only ClassicWB OS39 will work properly. The added package filtering in HstWB Installer v1.3.0+ should ensure that only ClassicWB OS39 can be selected, when installing Amiga OS 3.9.

HST Games / HST Launcher issues have been fixed in newer EAB WHDLoad menu packages v3.1.2.

I'm the issues you're experiencing is a result of a corrupted installation with mixed BetterWB, ClassicWB ADVSP and Amiga OS 3.9. Please retry installing Amiga OS 3.9 and only select ClassicWB OS39 and see how that works. Remember that ClassicWB OS39.

I know you're using Raspberry Pi and that is still on my TODO list to update and release. Latest Amibian v1.5 is in beta, so I will start by update the old v1.4 image first. Then continue with a generic installer for Amibian and RetroPie.

Last edited by cyberhead97; 21 October 2019 at 09:41. Reason: too many "i know"
Old 21 October 2019, 07:58   #406
symbios24

thanks for the responce

Its not a mixed installation its a clean installation with only AmigaOS 3.9 and Classic WB_OS 3.9 only and nothing else, the two launchers dont work in this combination can you tell me how to fix this for now manual please ??

Thanks

Last edited by symbios24; 21 October 2019 at 08:22.
Old 21 October 2019, 09:53   #407
cyberhead97

HstWB Installer v1.4.2 is now released at https://hstwb.firstrealize.com with following new downloads available:

HstWB Installer with packages:
  • HstWB Installer v1.4.2 Portable with packages

HstWB Installer without packages:
  • HstWB Installer v1.4.2 Portable without packages

HstWB package and user package installation:
  • HstWB Package Installation v1.4.2
  • HstWB User Package Installation v1.4.2

Prebuild self install images for Amiga's, WinUAE and FS-UAE emulators supporting RDB:
  • 4GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.2
  • 8GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.2
  • 16GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.2
  • 32GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.2
  • 64GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.2
  • 128GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.2

Prebuild self install images for Amiberry, UAE4ARM, UAE4ALL, UAE4ALL2 emulators that doesn't support RDB:
  • UAE4ALL HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.2 (HDF files DH1, DH2, DH3 and DH4 requires surfaces is set to 2. Some Amiga emulators doesn't support this!)
  • UAE4ARM HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.2

v1.4.2 includes following changes compared to v1.4.1:
  • Added disable Scalos to ClassicWB FULL, ADV, ADVSP and P96 when installed with Amiga OS 3.1.4 or 3.1.4.1 due to NewIcons being shown distorted or garbled.
  • Removed patched ClassicWB ADVSP icons, so they are back to normal. This is part of the Scalos patches.
  • Updated ClassicWB OS39 patches for Amiga OS 3.1.4 and 3.1.4.1 to fix icons using VNC by replacing them with CON.
  • Fixed spelling error in build install entries script.
  • Fixed install Amiga OS by default, if Amiga OS directory is present when started for the first time.

HstWB Installer v1.4.2 has been released with fixes for ClassicWB packages.
Installing ClassicWB FULL, ADV, ADVSP or P96 with Amiga OS 3.1.4 or 3.1.4.1 causes NewIcons to be shown distorted or garbled.
This occurs when Scalos is used, so for these ClassicWB packages Scalos is disabled when installed with Amiga OS 3.1.4 or 3.1.4.1.
To get some of the functionality Scalos offers, Magic Menu and Tools Daemon have been added for right menus together with Full Palette for more icon colors.
ClassicWB OS39 package has also been updated with patches for Amiga OS 3.1.4 and 3.1.4.1 to fix icons using VNC by replacing them with CON.

ClassicWB should now be fully functional with Amiga OS 3.1.4 and 3.1.4.1.

I'm looking into a way of releasing just updates and patches, so ClassicWB and the other packages doesn't have to be installed from scratch each time for each new release.

Have fun with the release and please report any issues
Old 21 October 2019, 09:58   #408
cloverskull

Just wanted to give a heads up that I appreciate what you’re doing here and I look forward to your releases. This plus WinUAE keep my happily Amiga-ing.
Old 21 October 2019, 10:10   #409
cyberhead97

Quote:
thanks for the responce

Its not a mixed installation its a clean installation with only AmigaOS 3.9 and Classic WB_OS 3.9 only and nothing else, the two launchers dont work in this combination can you tell me how to fix this for now manual please ??

Thanks
Amiga OS 3.9 with Boing bag 1 & 2 + ClassicWB OS39 installed should not give the errors you're experiencing.

Does this combination give you "workbench.library" errors when booting into Workbench?

Could you please copy DH0:hstwb-installer.log and attach it here? That might give me some insight towards your issues.
Old 21 October 2019, 10:11   #410
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverskull View Post
Just wanted to give a heads up that I appreciate what you’re doing here and I look forward to your releases. This plus WinUAE keep my happily Amiga-ing.
Thanks a lot, glad that I can make the community happy
Old 21 October 2019, 14:03   #411
symbios24

No i dont get any library errors,Where exactly is this log file i cannot seem to find it ??
Old 21 October 2019, 14:34   #412
DamienD
Banned

I believe cyberhead97 said "DH0:hstwb-installer.log":

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhead97 View Post
Could you please copy DH0:hstwb-installer.log and attach it here? That might give me some insight towards your issues.
Old 21 October 2019, 15:10   #413
symbios24

ok i did it,it took me some time to understand it,i attach the log in a photo

Old 21 October 2019, 15:33   #414
cyberhead97

Quote:
ok i did it,it took me some time to understand it,i attach the log in a photo

Installing both EAB WHDLoad menus AGA and OCS will overwrite each other and in your case it installs OCS version last which would be the ones you have installed for EAB WHDLoad Games and EAB WHDLoad Demos. It shouldn't break anything, but in AGS2 it will give you screenshots with only 12 colors for OCS instead of 200 colors for AGA.

This is again solved with package filtering added in HstWB Installer v1.3.0+, which won't allow you to select all of them. It will ensure that you only select one EAB WHDLoad Games and one EAB WHDLoad Demos package.

I really need to get the Amibian image updated with the latest HstWB Installer, if that is the one you're using here.

Unfortunately this doesn't help me much, I need more details. Is this screenshot from your Raspberry Pi or WinUAE? Could you try starting a Shell/Cli from Workbench, System and type "version" and take a screenshot of that?
Old 21 October 2019, 16:49   #415
symbios24

I managed to get shell working if i type version the only thing i get is this: kickstart 45.57 workbench 45.3

the screenshoot is from my raspberry pi

but why the problem is not there if i install any workbench alone without amiga os?

can you release at least 1.3.0+ version for raspberry that does the filtering? only add the filtering no need to add other things

Last edited by symbios24; 22 October 2019 at 12:28.
Old 24 October 2019, 18:01   #416
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Is it possible to update an image with WHDload games/demos using this installer? As in I made an image using this but now want to update the whdload games, can it do that?
Old 26 October 2019, 08:18   #417
cyberhead97

Quote:
I managed to get shell working if i type version the only thing i get is this: kickstart 45.57 workbench 45.3

the screenshoot is from my raspberry pi

but why the problem is not there if i install any workbench alone without amiga os?

can you release at least 1.3.0+ version for raspberry that does the filtering? only add the filtering no need to add other things
It a bit of a puzzle what happened with your installation.

I have started preparing Amibian with HstWB Installer v1.4.2 for Raspberry PI, which will be ready within a couple of days.

I really hope it will help with your installation issues.
Old 26 October 2019, 09:02   #418
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
Is it possible to update an image with WHDload games/demos using this installer? As in I made an image using this but now want to update the whdload games, can it do that?
Sure, if you want download and install latest WHDLoad games/demos from EAB file server, then you can combine HstWB Installer's user packages with user package installation:
1. Download HstWB Installer without packages https://hstwb.firstrealize.com/relea...2_portable.zip.
2. Download HstWB User Package Installation https://hstwb.firstrealize.com/relea...tion_1.4.2.zip.
3. Extract hstwb-installer_1.4.2_portable.zip and hstwb_user_package_installation_1.4.2.zip.
4. Copy "Support\User Packages" directories and files from extracted hstwb-installer_1.4.2_portable.zip to extracted hstwb_user_package_installation_1.4.2.zip directory.

You should now have a directory structure like this in extracted hstwb_user_package_installation_1.4.2.zip directory:
- [DIR] C
- [DIR] eab-whdload-demos
- [DIR] eab-whdload-games
- [DIR] eab-whdload-games_beta
- [DIR] S
- [FILE] build_install_entries.cmd
- [FILE] build_install_entries.command
- [FILE] build_install_entries.desktop
- [FILE] build_install_entries.ps1
- [FILE] build_install_entries.py
- [FILE] build_install_entries.sh
- [FILE] readme.txt
- [FILE] UserPackage-Installation
- [FILE] UserPackage-Installation.info
- [FILE] UNLZX

Then copy downloaded WHDLoad games/demos from EAB file server to their directories and run build_install_entries script depending on your OS: .cmd for Windows, .command for Mac OS and .sh for Linux in a terminal.

Last you need to run user package installation on your existing image, which can be done in 2 ways:
  1. Plug in your SD/CF/HDD image on your PC using a USB adapter and use WinUAE to mount hdd, directory with user package installation and run user package installation.
  2. Copy user package installation to a FAT32 formatted device and mount in your Amiga and run package installation.

I would recommend using a PC with WinUAE and run user package installation as thats the fastest method unless you have a powerful Amiga with 68060 and fast disk access.

If you're on Mac OS you can also use an imaging tool like ApplePi Baker to first read the image to a image file. Then you can run FS-UAE (or WinUAE using Wine), mount the image file, directory with user package installation and run user package installation.

When you have image running in WinUAE or your Amiga, from Workbench open mounted directory or FAT32 device and double-click "UserPackage-Installation". This should start user package installation in the same way as a self install image does.

After user package installation is complete, write back your image file to your SD/CF/HDD.

I hope this answers your question otherwise just let me know.
Old 26 October 2019, 13:05   #419
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Excellent, thank you very much.

Is it an all or nothing type situation on the update? Is there no way to make a have list so it only installs updates not everything?

Last edited by enigma776; 26 October 2019 at 13:15.
Old 28 October 2019, 11:16   #420
symbios24

cyberhead97 is better to release a hotfix version 1.2.1 for raspberry pi that does the filtering in games,so you dont have to all this updating/adding only the hotfix nothing else