English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 11 April 2018, 21:01   #1
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Looking for mod player with GFX demo effects

Hi there

I need a program or player which will player demo effects over the top of music being played, a bit like Jesus on E's, with the bass and treble making waveforms move and patterns appear.

I have looked into various demo makers and demo Maniac etc, and video tracker, but I cant get my head around how they work, and I have hundreds of modules I want to play, not just one to make into a demo.

I hear PC Deliplayer has some visual things happening, but I would prefer to find something on the Amiga side which shows graphics full screen and randomly.
Old 11 April 2018, 23:47   #2
Amiga1992

There's no such thing. Videotracker is your nearest bet, you should invest some time trying to learn it, if this is really important for you.
Old 12 April 2018, 01:56   #3
James

Flares does something like that... but it is SDL and requires RTG/AHI/FPU

http://aminet.net/package/demo/intro/flares-0.4-m68k
Old 12 April 2018, 03:00   #4
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Thanks. I downloaded Flares, and I am using emulation so this shouldnt be a problem. I installed PPC and Picasso 4, but the program says "Cannot find CGX screen mode". I have tried to set up RTG may times but only limited success. What do I need to see the CGX screen modes?

Last edited by lifeschool; 12 April 2018 at 17:18.
Old 12 April 2018, 07:55   #5
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

I like the look and the demo effects of Amazing Tunes CDTV. It read your modules from a drawer, you can sort them, display titles etc... Not sure if you can use your own graphics though. Maybe not what you are looking for?

edit: it seems the filenames are hardcoded into the exe. So you can not use your own modules. Such a shame...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amazing_tunes_cdtv.png
Views:	198
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	57807  

Last edited by hipoonios; 12 April 2018 at 08:26.
Old 12 April 2018, 15:54   #6
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeschool View Post
TI am using emulation
Might as well use a PC program then
Old 12 April 2018, 17:28   #7
lifeschool
Local Moderator

I want to use Amiga software, with PC anything is possible, and the displays are in much better resolution. I thought in the old days there was a music player, where you could press a mouse button to swap between 4 graphics mode - waveform, block equaliser, moving dots and something else.

I am thinking of uploading some music modules to youtube, so I dont just want to show the tracker program or a still image, but maybe even one effect constantly. But it would have to react to the music.

If anyone is willing to upload a tutorial of Video Tracker, that might also work. Something where I can just drag and drop and play it.
Old 12 April 2018, 17:36   #8
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Might as well use a PC program then
Indeed, FL Studio has the ZGE visualiser built-in and believe me, the effects that thing creates are absolutely stunning.

But for Amiga? Yeah.... no. Videotracker is the closest you'll get and that's not great.
Old 12 April 2018, 17:39   #9
Sinphaltimus

You maybe thinking of WinAmp, maybe AmigaAmp can do it too but there were plugins that had various "demo-style" 3D effects and such that were responsive to the music being played. My memory is a big foggy on the topic.
Old 12 April 2018, 17:55   #10
Amiga1992

Quote:
Something where I can just drag and drop and play it.
Dude, you are asking the convenience of 20XX computers of 19XX software and hardware.

Videotracker will not be "drag and drop". If it really delivers the effect you want to achieve, you should sit down with it, its manual, and learn it properly.

But if all you want is to make YouTube videos of modules, you can try XMPlay visualizers or anything else that ISN'T running on Amiga. That will get you the convenience you seem to be wanting.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.
Old 13 April 2018, 02:20   #11
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Videotracker just goes to a black screen if I try to alter anything.

Delitrackers audio crackles and breaks if I try to record at the same time.

Not having any luck.
Old 13 April 2018, 04:31   #12
Steffest

I think that you are looking for something like AmigaAmp or Eagleplayer, like Sinphaltimus said.
They both have lot's of visualisation plugins that you can activate simultaneously and fill your screen with.

Like this if you like the "workbench" look: (this is Eagleplayer)

AmigaAmp is more colourful:

And has full screen plugins

Check out their plugins for more: http://www.amigaamp.de/plugins.shtml

Quote:
I thought in the old days there was a music player, where you could press a mouse button to swap between 4 graphics mode - waveform, block equaliser, moving dots and something else.
that's just Protracker, right? where you can click the VU-meter or scopes to toggle their look?
Old 13 April 2018, 18:32   #13
Amiga1992

Quote:
Videotracker just goes to a black screen if I try to alter anything.
Did you even read the manual??
LMGTFY https://computerarchive.org/files/co...Manual-ENG.pdf
Old 14 April 2018, 03:03   #14
James

Quote:
I installed PPC and Picasso 4, but the program says "Cannot find CGX screen mode". I have tried to set up RTG may times but only limited success. What do I need to see the CGX screen modes?
Why PPC? It is not needed to run Flares (or much else) on OS3. 040 is probably the best all round choice, but even 020+fpu can run most things. I haven't tried to set up a Picasso under emulation, as I am happy with uaegfx. The easiest way for you to try out RTG would be to install something like AmiKIT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffest View Post
AmigaAmp is more colourful:

And has full screen plugins

Check out their plugins for more: http://www.amigaamp.de/plugins.shtml
IMHO the best visual plugin is Fullcolor - it comes with Amplifier, and can be run multiple times with different settings. It also works with AmiNetRadio, which has some nice plugins of it's own and can play mods.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AmiNetRadio.png
Views:	164
Size:	396.3 KB
ID:	57834
Old 18 April 2018, 19:49   #15
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Amplifier and AmigaAmp seem to be for playing .mp3 and modern formats, but I want to play the mods. Looks like Eagle Player is a good option, and seems to use the same plugins as Deli player, so will give that a try next. Unless there is a Mod plugin for the others.

Akira, thanks for the manual. I gave it a good read but in this case I dont have time to make a demo for hundreds of mods, I just want something other than a tracker.

The tool I mentioned was a PD player, which I think only worked with WB1.3, so I dont expect anyone to remember the simple player.