English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 23 April 2007, 20:37   #21
Flashlab

What I want is a modern Amiga with OS4 and a clone-a (preferably AGA) type expansion card in it that guarantees 100% classic compatibility integrated in the OS...
Old 23 April 2007, 20:48   #22
Marcuz

i would be happy for a cheap machine running classicwb, little form factor, let's say like a modern computer keyboard with cd and able to run some pcc games through software, a couple of usb ports, and a external little box with the original ports that were on the amiga, so that if you like to, you can plug in old hardware.
something like that... an A4000 big as a pc keyboard.
something alike the minimig, else i'm not interested.
i don't want even get in commenting the loads of rep talk on the site.
Old 23 April 2007, 20:54   #23
Ultron
Something

Post Sale of Brooklyn Bridge - For a limited amount of time - A unique oportunity!

I'll take the chance to announce the sale of this fine property:

In the coming week I'll be announcing price and availability.

PRE-ORDER yours. Availability is limited.
Old 23 April 2007, 21:13   #24
keropi

oh yeah, clone-A is what I believe in. when it gets done, it is only a matter of a little more work to make it aga , and give it a cpu fast slot or whatever to plug a good-old accelerator... so we don't have to repair our old mobos all the time!
imagine an A4000 mobo clone..... sweet!!!!1
Old 23 April 2007, 21:50   #25
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana
i would be happy for a cheap machine running classicwb, little form factor, let's say like a modern computer keyboard with cd and able to run some pcc games through software, a couple of usb ports, and a external little box with the original ports that were on the amiga, so that if you like to, you can plug in old hardware.
something like that... an A4000 big as a pc keyboard.
something alike the minimig, else i'm not interested.
i don't want even get in commenting the loads of rep talk on the site.
Just tell that to Kombat-Santa! He'll see what he can do for ya!
Old 23 April 2007, 22:21   #26
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis
Just tell that to Kombat-Santa! He'll see what he can do for ya!
what do you think he's absent from this board for? he's tinkering in his sweden cave to produce the prototype! i know it!
Old 23 April 2007, 22:23   #27
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

He's having sex with an old can of pepsi
Old 23 April 2007, 22:25   #28
Dizzy
Pirate

in sweden it's pripps blå
Old 24 April 2007, 01:20   #29
kriz

Just in from Amigaworld.net, Jens Schönfeld writes:

"Re: New Hardware Designs from ACK Software Controls, Inc. an
Posted on 24-Apr-2007 0:08:00 [ #125 ]

Funny to see that the biggest idiots of the Amiga scene are teaming up. Bill McEwen, who hasn't been able to give any proof of ownership of the classic Amiga OS in the past 20 months, who wanted to send me contracts "by the end of the week" (that was in february), and the guy from Canada who owes me a bunch of money for tooling cost for the 150-pin A1200 CPU slot connectors.

Oh, and what about that money Adam got from my Swedish friend? Did he ever pay that back? I mean, his track record of "hardware development" is to take money in advance and never finish anything, always with the line "I'm just a single person".

Hey, I'm also alone, but I don't make promises that I know I can't keep. I don't go around and cause other people financial damage by talking BS. Sure, it's also my fault, because I made the mistake of believing ACK/Adam.

What was that last time I called him in the office? He picked up the phone, I asked "is that Adam?", he said "no", and I replied "hey, you got exactly the same voice!" and he said "hey, I almost look like him, too" and hung up. Great show, really.

I wrote numerous eMails to Adam, he never replied. I've sent numerous connector samples to him, he never paid any of them. I asked him to return the samples, but he obviously used them for something - maybe to "convince" investors? Is that "working behind the scenes"? Oh yeah, I forgot, this is the Amiga market, where anyone who makes a promise is hyped for years.

This news item has a great entertainment factor. More of that!

Jens Schönfeld"
Old 24 April 2007, 01:40   #30
MickTheLip

Once again the Amiga Community gets a poke to see if its still alive!!!Once again the dream of new hardware is whispered!!Reality strikes "PUT UP OR SHUTUP"Saves a lot of wasted hot air

Old 24 April 2007, 09:39   #31
manicx

The announcement is upped at Tom's Hardware!
Old 24 April 2007, 09:46   #32
keropi

I think Jens cleared all the BS with his post...

edit: I mean he cleared Amiga.inc BS and nothing more. I don't know about catweasels, or alexh's posts, I only commented the a.inc "new hardware" situation.

Last edited by keropi; 24 April 2007 at 14:13.
Old 24 April 2007, 11:07   #33
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by keropi
I think Jens cleared all the BS with his post...
Actually I think I cleared all the BS with my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens
I don't make promises that I know I can't keep.
That is not strictly true is it?

These promises were made 3 years ago.

Quote:
More flexible read- and write operations
In addition to working on whole tracks, which made all previous Catweasel models so flexible, tracks can now also be partially accessed very precisely. Should this become necessary for compatibility or speed reasons, the Catweasel MK4 is perfectly prepared.
Many people bought the Catweasel MKIV thinking that it would be able to be used to access copy protected original Amiga disks. To date I think the Catweasel MKIV can only perform the same operations as the Catweasel MKIII with regards to accessing copy protected Amiga disks?

Quote:
Dual-ported memory
Contrary to it's predecessors, the new Catweasel MK4 can pass the data that it is currently reading from a disk to the computer while the read access is running. This allows realtime emulation, and error-free function of copy-protected software on emulators.
Buyers also thought that they would be able to use the CW MKIV in conjuction with UAE to access at copy protected and non copy protected Amiga disks. To date I dont think there is enough support to make this a reality, even in the latest driver?

I love your work, you have created amazing hardware for us. I own many of your products and I hope you create many more great products that I go on to buy. But PLEASE get off your soap box.
Old 24 April 2007, 11:15   #34
Ultron
Something

Unfortunately, Jens' BS, in no way negates the truth of his post, and in that indeed both Amiga Inc. and ACK are, have been, and will most likely continue to incur on total and unashamed BS themselves.

I'm actually bewildered any single person even remotely believes any of this BS. PT Barnun was right. One every minute.
Old 24 April 2007, 13:47   #35
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

normallly i wont pick apart a blog, simply because i am no troll.... however something that got posted from the amiga inc website kinda got me a little pissed. i get REALLY f*cked off when f*cktards take credit for others work!

let me show you.

Quote:
Amiga, Inc. is the world’s premier provider of multimedia enabling technologies.
errr yeah right.... nokia does more! they actualy have a phone!

Quote:
For almost two decades its award-winning software has been a mainstay for motion picture studios, multimedia creators, and digital entertainment enthusiasts around the world.
This paragraph kinda bite me a little deep, and hence the reply!...

1."For almost two decades... "
WTF? 2 decades.... amiga inc has not been arround for 10 years let alone 20!

2."its award winning software ...."
Ok correctly me if i am wrong but as of yet A-inc have not developed or wrote / released ANY software! (and dont even bother mentioning hyperons OS4!).. so tell me A-Inc what f*cking award winning software??!?

basically these f*cktards claim all kudos from companies like DFX, Impulse, NewTek and a whole generation of modelers and artists.... GRRRRrrrr

User / Investor Warning! A-INC have done NOTHING and claim EVERYTHING!

anyways onto the last bit before i lose it!

Quote:
Today Amiga builds on this legacy leading the way in multimedia development by providing developers with hardware-independent technologies for writing and porting applications to new platforms and interactive devices. For more information visit www.amiga.com.
I finally figured out what they mean here....

"providing developers with hardware independent technologies for writing and porting applications..."

they mean making / selling keyboards dont they?!

mind you saying that i could be wrong as it kinda goes agasint thier non-production ethic!
Old 24 April 2007, 14:14   #36
keropi

hey, I don't mean anything bad for Jens, I mean he cleared Amiga.inc BS and nothing more. I don't know about catweasels, or alexh's posts, I only commented the a.inc "new hardware" situation.
Old 24 April 2007, 14:36   #37
Ian
Global Moderator

Show of hands from those that give a shit......

Amiga died years ago, they can promise all the "new" hardware they like, even if they make it it will be overpriced and completely shit compared to what you can get in the PC marketplace.

Yet again, some people are trying to cash in on the poor saps that still believe.

I thought "Commodore" were bad for releasing those new PC boxes, but I will have to revise that opinion in light of this bollocks.
Old 24 April 2007, 14:54   #38
Anubis
Retro Gamer

What you can get for around 500 us dollars now days?!

High end XBox
Middle range PC (they start now for about 300 bucks with monitor?!)
PS3 (a bit more money, but for sure not low-end )
2 x N Wii (again not low-end)
Low end laptop with 15.3 wide screen
2 x Zune
2 x IPod Nano
Nice TV

Is their BS really worth any money??

Last edited by Anubis; 24 April 2007 at 15:15.
Old 24 April 2007, 15:05   #39
Marcuz

me too i don't usually get in this kind of debates, i mean how many of them, along the same lines here alone in the last couple of years?
but since i have 2 minutes: i wouldn't give a rat ass about the rep talk, if they actually would produce interesting things: after all, what producer/dealer EVER since the birth of commerce has not used it? they say "pull the water to your own mill" roughly translated from italian.

but as they actually produce just stupid stuff... ops! not even that! what do remains is the bs they tell, so ok, go bother someone else...
Old 24 April 2007, 16:03   #40
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by keropi
hey, I don't mean anything bad for Jens
Me neither. However several of his products need more support _OR_ they need open sourcing for the community to finish.

The kickflash is another great product that just needs that extra little bit of investment in the firmware / tools to make it come to life.

I just found that once sentence in his post a little hypocritical.