English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 01 April 2018, 13:26   #861
BarryB
Amigaholic

Thanks, but you've really made some work for yourself with this, it's just too popular and customisable to keep up with users demands
Old 05 April 2018, 05:07   #862
Supamax
Da Digger :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSpire View Post
Supamax: I had thought about this before, too. At some point I tried repurposing an old Creative Labs remote control and infrared receiver to see if anything useful could be done with it, but didn't manage to get it responding to anything.

RasPi wifi modules seems like the way to go, do you have any experience with them?
No, sorry, I never tried them.

Quote:
... Also, are we hijacking the thread? *innocent look*
I don't think so .
It could be of interest for many (I hope)...
Old 01 May 2018, 21:10   #863
Keir

New release v0.9.19a with Amiga HD Support
https://github.com/keirf/FlashFloppy/wiki/Downloads

* Amiga: Support high-density disk images
--- ADF: 1760kB images
--- Generate HD-ID pattern on pin 34 (interface=amiga)
* DSK: Fixes for Sam Coupe, and others with long tracks

Join the Facebook group for ongoing community support and release notifications! Just reached 1000 members
https://www.facebook.com/groups/flashfloppy/
Old 01 May 2018, 21:33   #864
Amiga1992

Gera tjob thanks kaffer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffer View Post
Join the Facebook group for ongoing community support and release notifications!
No, please noooo, no Facebook ;(
Community should stick to EAB
Old 26 May 2018, 02:37   #865
solidcore

any news on ipf's fileformat support ? also seeing as weakbits is a issue perhaps FF can support a supporting file along side the ipf and populate it with the weakbits at sectors... just an idea would need to look into it all myself

Last edited by solidcore; 26 May 2018 at 02:54.
Old 26 May 2018, 16:58   #866
Keir

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidcore View Post
any news on ipf's fileformat support ? also seeing as weakbits is a issue perhaps FF can support a supporting file along side the ipf and populate it with the weakbits at sectors... just an idea would need to look into it all myself
Native IPF is very much a stretch goal. Right now you can convert to HFEv3, which is supported.
Old 11 June 2018, 13:00   #867
Mikerochip

Hi Kaffer,

I seem to have a new model gotek, a revision c, which doesn't seem to work with the rotary encoder at all.
(I tried directly soldering one to jumper pins, and then also using my existing KA-60 with power, and also a KA-60 with resistors removed and no power, and all 3x kinds of (cheap) encoder don't work at all)

I'm guessing, without you seeing this model, you can't really add support for it?
I can link the Aliexpress supplier I got it from, if that helps.

Assuming that the above is true, then, can you maybe add in support for pressing either of the 2 front buttons, instead of from the front, from one of the jumper pins at the back?
Old 11 June 2018, 16:49   #868
Keir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerochip View Post
Hi Kaffer,

I seem to have a new model gotek, a revision c, which doesn't seem to work with the rotary encoder at all.
(I tried directly soldering one to jumper pins, and then also using my existing KA-60 with power, and also a KA-60 with resistors removed and no power, and all 3x kinds of (cheap) encoder don't work at all)

I'm guessing, without you seeing this model, you can't really add support for it?
I can link the Aliexpress supplier I got it from, if that helps.

Assuming that the above is true, then, can you maybe add in support for pressing either of the 2 front buttons, instead of from the front, from one of the jumper pins at the back?
Perhaps you just have a broken Gotek? Or extra jumpers that shouldn't be there? (Check no extra jumpers at rear of Gotek)

Why do you think it is "Rev C"? Also try tracing the rotary header pins through to the STM32 chip and ensure they are routed same as any other old Gotek model.
Old 12 June 2018, 00:46   #869
Mikerochip

Quote:
Perhaps you just have a broken Gotek? Or extra jumpers that shouldn't be there? (Check no extra jumpers at rear of Gotek)

Why do you think it is "Rev C"? Also try tracing the rotary header pins through to the STM32 chip and ensure they are routed same as any other old Gotek model.
Well, SFRC922C is silkscreened on the pcb, where SFRC922 and SFRC922B is on my others.

There are definitely no other jumpers on the pcb!

It's behaves sort of funnily too, if I connect the encoder while the Gotek is powered up. It decrements the Gotek slot cound by 4, every time I connect the pins, if its powered and connected to a ka-60. If connecting to an encoder with no resistors and no power, nothing happens.

The above doesn't happen to any of my other Goteks, but, none of them have that C after the model.

The only reason I use the encoder, is because its a non destructive addition to the Gotek that let's me mount it inside a case without having to fiddle at the side of the floppy slot, and without soldering/modifying the Gotek.
If that makes sense!

So, the front two buttons connected to two jumper pins wound mean I can mount it out of the way, and route the display and buttons and USB outside the amiga in a small tidy enclosure!

I can't trace anything at the moment, but I can soon, so I'll give it a try then.
Old 12 June 2018, 08:55   #870
Keir

My OLED-modded Gotek happens to be SFRC922C, they're the ones with a 5+2 pin programming header. So it does work, and SFRC922C has been around a long time with no other complaints regarding the rotary mod either.

The only rotary complaints I have had have been because at least one type of cheap encoder doesn't work properly. But since you've tried several types it's very unlikely to be that. More likely your Gotek has a problem.
Old 12 June 2018, 10:51   #871
Mikerochip

Quote:
My OLED-modded Gotek happens to be SFRC922C, they're the ones with a 5+2 pin programming header. So it does work, and SFRC922C has been around a long time with no other complaints regarding the rotary mod either.

The only rotary complaints I have had have been because at least one type of cheap encoder doesn't work properly. But since you've tried several types it's very unlikely to be that. More likely your Gotek has a problem.
OK, thanks!

Well, otherwise it's working fine, so, I guess, lets just ignore this!
Old 12 June 2018, 12:44   #872
Keir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerochip View Post
OK, thanks!

Well, otherwise it's working fine, so, I guess, lets just ignore this!
It may well be fixable, check the soldering, it can occasionally be a bit wonky.
Old 12 June 2018, 12:47   #873
Keir

New release v0.9.21a with HxC-Compat-Mode Improvements
https://github.com/keirf/FlashFloppy/wiki/Downloads

* HxC-Compat File Selectors:
---- New font on Amiga and Atari ST
---- Faster folder navigation on Amiga
* New default 6x13 font (Codec, by Chris Cannam)
* Accelerate the stock Gotek buttons when using a rotary encoder
---- FF.CFG: "twobutton-action = rotary-fast"

Old 18 June 2018, 13:32   #874
voyager
The show must go on.

Send a message via MSN to voyager
I have a gotek with the 0.9.19a firmware in a external drive enclosure using it as DF1.
If I make a blank HD image in winUAE and try to use it in my gotek I got a DF1???, sometimes it seems to work, but there are no files on it, sometimes there are block error's but most of the time it does nothing. I use a A500+ with KS3.1.

I'm I doing something wrong of do I miss a step somewhere?
Old 18 June 2018, 16:47   #875
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager View Post
I have a gotek with the 0.9.19a firmware in a external drive enclosure using it as DF1.
If I make a blank HD image in winUAE and try to use it in my gotek I got a DF1???, sometimes it seems to work, but there are no files on it, sometimes there are block error's but most of the time it does nothing. I use a A500+ with KS3.1.

I'm I doing something wrong of do I miss a step somewhere?
I haven't been able to get HD floppy images to work either. I tried in WinUAE as well as ADF dopus. I haven't reported it sooner because i don't have any HD physical floppies to worry about nor have I found HD adf files that I want to access.
Old 20 June 2018, 19:08   #876
Keir

HD ADF: My own light testing was on an A500 with Kick 3.1. It seemed to reliably detect HD vs DD disks and that is the main battle. Feel free to raise an issue ticket on Github. If you do so please describe precise steps to reproduce the issue, how reliably it reproduces, and attach a problematic HD ADF too.
Old 21 June 2018, 14:02   #877
voyager
The show must go on.

Send a message via MSN to voyager
Is it possible that the external case is the problem?
Old 25 June 2018, 09:57   #878
Jope
-

It could well be. Try disabling (non-destructively) the ready pulse generation in the external controller PCB.
Old 25 June 2018, 13:24   #879
Keir

voyager, Jope: You are correct of course, an ordinary Amiga drive enclosure will always emit the Amiga-DD ID sequence and that overrides he Amiga-HD sequence. Hence HD disks get identified as DD and are unreadable (or even, confusingly, unreliably unreadable!).

The simplest universal defeat is to modify the enclosure's interface board: cut the trace to pin 1 of the external connector, and connect pin 34 of the internal drive connector to pin 1 of the external connector.

I will add this caveat and guidance to the FF wiki.
Old 25 June 2018, 14:51   #880
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
voyager, Jope: You are correct of course, an ordinary Amiga drive enclosure will always emit the Amiga-DD ID sequence and that overrides he Amiga-HD sequence. Hence HD disks get identified as DD and are unreadable (or even, confusingly, unreliably unreadable!).

The simplest universal defeat is to modify the enclosure's interface board: cut the trace to pin 1 of the external connector, and connect pin 34 of the internal drive connector to pin 1 of the external connector.

I will add this caveat and guidance to the FF wiki.
could this be an issue for internal goteks as well? I haven't gone back to the issue yet but I have an A500 rev5 mainboard. The original internal floppy drive was DD and I replaced that with my GoTek. i don't recall if the gotek required some setup besides DF0 jumper. I never had an HD floppy in an Amiga before so I'm curious if it really is just plug and play or not (some additional steps required).