English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 17 June 2012, 03:22   #61
ImmortalA1000

I'm thinking of a water level (no idea how yet), barren moon with craters, and cracked mud lake bed to go with the sand dunes already done.

Something weird going on with my WinUAE Wb 3.1 HD config atm though.

SFX, still not found a clean sample of the Starfighter lasers though! And have to see if I can even convert to 8bit IFF sound samples.
Old 17 June 2012, 04:04   #62
AmigaWorld

Well ImmortalA1000 I am sorry to here about that. I wish you all the best! I have been without job for some time too. Hope I get a job before this summer is over. Here in the U.S.A. there are still alot of people out of work. Here in America we speak English and Spanish. Lot of Mexicans up here.
Old 17 June 2012, 14:25   #63
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Looks Great to me
Old 17 June 2012, 15:13   #64
rampartsagain

yep here we speak portuguese ,english and chinese lol
lot´s of chinese here!!!
yesterday a guy from tokio ,came to me by the street and say that lost lugage on train station and i was going for nightshift,he asked me if i could buy him a phone card ,i told him i have no money cuz i only travel with subway pass and a electronic pen, where i took cofee on machines on work and the bast...rd t,old portuguese people always lieying ,i told him go to nearest police station ,he told police said that he has to go to somewhere else ,little strage a guy traveling alone and no mobile phone?why didn´t he ask on police station to do a phone call or to present a complain about lost or robbed lugage very strange ,no wonder persons lie him with the level of crime specialy by him aboarding people near midnight no wonder.
Old 04 August 2012, 00:47   #65
ImmortalA1000

I haven't posted for ages about this game but have been working on it whenever I can. Just all the work I was doing was on real Amiga computers (so difficult to capture videos as I do my game videos with WinUAE and Camtasia software usually on a PC). And to be honest a lot of the work was more to do with what would look great/have minimum colours/maximum copperlist palette switches to allow this game to be fast and impressive on a regular TV on a real Amiga connected to it. Two of the desert levels were done as far as animation of flying over the terrain go. Was quite hard at work getting a result I thought looked nice for the water level but never was happy with what was done so far animation wise. Also had the Starfigthers done and looking pretty impressive in their size on screen, proper arcade quality looking stuff.

Hit a major snag this week, I was happily coding coding away on my A2000 (with ear protectors on naturally lol) and was quite happy with my dual platform development (was doing 4 colour terrain for the Amiga + copperlist palette switch every 4-12 pixels....was also seeing how it looked with just 2 colours in the animation and all the colour graduations done on a 512 colour palette for the Atari ST/STE).

To cut a long story short I was compiling my latest version (only minor tweaks not any real work lost there) and my Amiga white screened and that was it. I thought it's probably just crashed so rebooted...white screen. Switched off and turned on after 30 seconds...white screen and no drive click or hard disk seek. Left it off all day and it still is the same. The screen stays white ie no colour to indicate a specific chip, screen does not change.

So OK I have a full spare chipset from my other A2000 which died also thanks to battery corrosion, so swapped out all the chips and the PSU (all of which I tested at the time on an A500 or A2000 friends owned) and same thing. God damn it!!!! I now have two lovely paperweights that look suspiciously like Amiga 2000s in my spare room and no way to code this game. I looked for replacement motherboards for A2000s and fack me are they expensive. So I guess for now this project has stalled. I really don't have a couple of hundred quid spare to get an ECS A2000 up and running *sigh*

So it is with great sadness that until I have a working setup of an Amiga with HDD and nice keyboard (which is why I don't code on my A1200 or even put a HDD in it) that I think it's time to break open the UDK install and get cracking on a remake of one of my favourite Commodore 64 games from my childhood on DirectX11 Windows PCs *boo* *hiss*

I would like to thank everyone here who has gone out of their way to offer me help technically and all the encouragement given. Sorry to let everyone down. If I come across a nice 2000 or something on ebay for peanuts I will resurrect this lovely game. The enthusiasm for this game in this thread was great
Old 04 August 2012, 01:16   #66
kipper2k

Shame, I'm sure there is someone over there that can revive your 2000 back to its glory days for little or nothing
Old 04 August 2012, 17:07   #67
ImmortalA1000

Battery corrosion is a real nightmare, this machine had a different battery which looked newish when I bought it and the realtime clock is nice to have on file stamps so never changed it *sigh*

Basically the board will take forever to trace for a logic fault as all the chips were working fine when pulled from my other A2000 (tested them when I bought this machine).

How it goes sometimes, only one A2000/1500 on ebay and the dreamer wants 350 starting price (erm A4000/030 money there!)
Old 09 August 2012, 23:24   #68
markpjd
Games-Coffer

I lost my job too, like a year ago and despite applying like mad, I havent been able to net one since!!

On the plus side though, this has given me emphasis to work more on my site and revisit the good old days!

Mark.
Games Coffer
http://gamescoffer.markstechstop.co.uk