English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 23 March 2016, 14:58   #1
AF2013

Question Which Keyboard would work with Minimig?

Just wondering which keyboard would work with Minimig? IF someone who got Minimig that work with keyboard then please let me know
Old 23 March 2016, 19:09   #2
AF2013

Question

anyone?

Surely someone have try Minimig with keyboard before.

Would Logic keyboard or AmigaOne Keyboard work?
Old 23 March 2016, 20:01   #3
robinsonb5

Any keyboard that has a standard PS/2 connector should work with the Minimig. In addition, some USB keyboards are combination USB/PS/2 keyboards, and will work with an adapter (generally supplied with the keyboard - if the keyboard didn't come with one, that's a good indicator that it probably won't work).

Alternatively, the MIST board has a Minimig core and doesn't support PS/2 keyboards but does support USB keyboards.

Hope that's some help.
Old 24 March 2016, 04:42   #4
mr.spiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsonb5 View Post
Any keyboard that has a standard PS/2 connector should work with the Minimig. In addition, some USB keyboards are combination USB/PS/2 keyboards, and will work with an adapter (generally supplied with the keyboard - if the keyboard didn't come with one, that's a good indicator that it probably won't work).

Alternatively, the MIST board has a Minimig core and doesn't support PS/2 keyboards but does support USB keyboards.

Hope that's some help.
Actaully.. I had to iterate a number of old and new standard PS/2 keyboards until I found one that worked without everyday "whatta h*k" moments. Same with USB adapters. I admit I have this "if it can fail it fails" curse on me So better test before purchasing..
Old 24 March 2016, 13:35   #5
robinsonb5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.spiv View Post
Actaully.. I had to iterate a number of old and new standard PS/2 keyboards until I found one that worked without everyday "whatta h*k" moments. Same with USB adapters. I admit I have this "if it can fail it fails" curse on me So better test before purchasing..
Yeah, perhaps I should have emphasised the word "should" in what I wrote!
Old 24 March 2016, 14:36   #6
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.spiv View Post
Power supply? What rating is it. As I have only ever seen issue's when wrong PSU used. Should be atleast 2.5A.
Old 04 April 2016, 03:22   #7
mr.spiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Power supply? What rating is it. As I have only ever seen issue's when wrong PSU used. Should be atleast 2.5A.
Can't remember but the PSU came with the Minimig I bought (from ACube afair). Anyway, I doubt that infinitely repeating ghost keystrokes or random control sequences were because of PSU. There's a bit of history here. Maybe these have been fixed long since.. I have not played with Minimig for a looong time.