English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 03 September 2015, 15:06   #1
TenLeftFingers

AGA "enhancements"

The cracktros for some games I'm playing (AGA) talk about requesting AGA cracks. I'm guessing most of these outfits arent operating any more, but there are a small selection of games Id love to get converted.

Does anyone offer this service these days?

Sent from Ubuntu Touch using the Forum Browser app
Old 03 September 2015, 15:20   #2
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

More than "enhancements" they are fixes Those requests usually referred to the fact that some cracks were badly done (fixed addresses, etc.) and would misbehave (usually throw a Guru) on an AGA machine.

Another possibility is that they were referring to "AGA fixing" certain games, which is pretty much the same as fixing the crack, but that instead of fixing just the crack, they end up fixing the entire game

AFAIK, there are a few members on here that know how to do them...
Old 03 September 2015, 15:38   #3
DisposableHero

Technically they mean 68020 fixes, as that's what caused most A1200 incompatibilities as the AGA chipset could be disabled. For example, the cracks I've got of Lotus 1 and Klax work under A1200 spec whereas the original releases didn't. There may even be cases of cracks made before the A1200 (or A500+) that work on those machines whereas the original releases didn't, as copy protection was a common incompatibility cause (such as Core's in-house standard system).
Old 03 September 2015, 15:52   #4
TenLeftFingers

Thanks for clarifying jbenam, Disposable Hero (which incidentally is one of the games I want the '020' fixes for.

Im also interested in:
Batman the Movie,
Humans,

And probably a few others I have fond memories of.

If anyone is available for this work, please reply or PM me. Ill either pay you myself directly, or if its out of my budget, gather a few others intetested in the same titles.

I can also pay in kind, for example I can give your kids grinds over skype with Maths and English. Design posters and create websites such as www.optimum-health.ie

Sent from Ubuntu Touch using the Forum Browser app