English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 02 July 2008, 09:56   #41
oneshotdead

do you guys remember the boss in Diablo II, Duriel? Man that guy was overpowered. This all depended on what class you took, how you developed your skills trees, but overall in all my playthroughs I found Duriel always the hardest boss.

I remember he was hardest for my Barbarian, easiest for my Necro. My Barbarian was invincible before Duriel and after Duriel, but he was eaten many times during Duriel

Mephisto and Diablo himself was a pushover for me compared to him.
Old 02 July 2008, 10:07   #42
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Yup, Duriel was a tough one. My main character was a paladin and I had a pretty hard time getting him down. But still nothing beats Diablo in part 1 When you had slain your way through the succubus hordes and finally meet Diablo it was really great to fight him, even if you died several times. I really loved the 'decend to hell' theme of Diablo 1. Hope they bring that to the third part.
Old 02 July 2008, 10:32   #43
oneshotdead

For Diablo I Diablo, I fought fire with fire.

Coming from D&D, I always presumed that which uses fire, is immune to it.
Heaven and hell duality got weaker in Diablo II.
I just want: dark, goth, grit, and pseudo-Christian theme.

Oh, and I don't like how a class can be either gender.
Old 02 July 2008, 14:36   #44
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Oh, and I don't like how a class can be either gender.
Come on dude, be reasonable. Now there are more women playing games and they are more inclined to take a female character just as men are more inclined to take a male one. So it is only logical that both sexes in the game can occupy any class they want. Now women can experience what it is to be a big dumb barbarian, or at least in the fantasy world of a game.
Old 02 July 2008, 14:46   #45
Anubis
Retro Gamer

How ghay...

I bet hi wishes for Lara Croft to be male as well.

I'll see if they have D2 with expansion pack still in the stores... Last Blizzard game I got was WarCarft 3.
Old 02 July 2008, 19:37   #46
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
How ghay...

I bet hi wishes for Lara Croft to be male as well.

I'll see if they have D2 with expansion pack still in the stores... Last Blizzard game I got was WarCarft 3.
Me too (about male valkyries and Warcraft 3 being my last Blizzard game). Fantasy is about stereotypes to some degree and I don't mind if you could choose the gender. There are many games that work (e.g. Tomb Raider ) with only one gender for the main character. If you can choose it's not bad, but also it's not necessary to be involved in the game.
Old 02 July 2008, 21:05   #47
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Fallout 3 Producer Disappointed By Diablo 3

Quote:
"I must say I am disappointed that Blizzard has stayed on the conservative side in terms of design with their updates to Diablo and Starcraft", Ashley Cheng, Fallout 3 production director wrote on his blog.

Cheng was quick to add that "Diablo will be interesting since World of Warcraft has a lot of Diablo-like qualities. I have no doubt, however, that they will be incredibly fun, addictive and polished games. Blizzard is the top of the class when it comes to game development - nobody does it better."

Currently working on Fallout 3, Bethesda chose to keep the game's atmosphere but redesign everything else. On the other hand, Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2's gameplay and art style don't look that much different from their predecessors.
IRONY?
Old 03 July 2008, 03:22   #48
oneshotdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Come on dude, be reasonable. Now there are more women playing games and they are more inclined to take a female character just as men are more inclined to take a male one. So it is only logical that both sexes in the game can occupy any class they want. Now women can experience what it is to be a big dumb barbarian, or at least in the fantasy world of a game.
Sorry, there are no female Conans, and never will be. Female gamers could experience playing a Barbarian, by playing as a male one.

I didn't mind not being able to select male, for my Amazon etc.
Anyway, who cares: just more PC bullshit.
Old 03 July 2008, 03:53   #49
oneshotdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5h00n4y View Post
IRONY?
nothing surprises me anymore about Bethesda.
They are a bunch of very rich total idiots.

Fallout 3 died to me when Van Buren died.
Old 03 July 2008, 14:06   #50
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshotdead View Post
nothing surprises me anymore about Bethesda.
They are a bunch of very rich total idiots.

Fallout 3 died to me when Van Buren died.
What are they going to call Fallout 3??

The Fallout Scrolls: Oblivion

So we will get just another Morrowind clone.
Old 03 July 2008, 16:14   #51
boing_1000
A1000 Addict

Up till 3 months ago, I was playing Diablo II. Now I'm gonna play III to no end when it comes out
Old 03 July 2008, 17:23   #52
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Up till 3 months ago, I was playing Diablo II. Now I'm gonna play III to no end when it comes out
That's the spirit mate Both Diablo 3 and Fallout 3 are going to provide many months of fun, if you allow yourself to have it of course.
Old 03 July 2008, 17:58   #53
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
That's the spirit mate Both Diablo 3 and Fallout 3 are going to provide many months of fun, if you allow yourself to have it of course.
...and bu a decent PC to play it I think I need a new one for cause mine is geting a bit old
But since Oblivion runs quite smooth on my system there is a chance that Fallout 3 will not be too bad and until Diablo 3 is out I certainly have a new machine
Old 03 July 2008, 18:59   #54
boing_1000
A1000 Addict

So Excited
Old 03 July 2008, 19:54   #55
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Why is everyone concerned with D3 needing a high end machine? Blizzard is one of the few companies that can create nice graphics on mid range hardware. I wouldn't upgrade your system just yet.
Old 03 July 2008, 20:08   #56
Shoonay
Global Caturator

lol, definitely, my Celeron 333MHz with 64MB of RAM ruled with D2
Old 03 July 2008, 20:56   #57
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Why is everyone concerned with D3 needing a high end machine? Blizzard is one of the few companies that can create nice graphics on mid range hardware. I wouldn't upgrade your system just yet.
You might be right about that gimbal, but I fear if they release in 2010 it will be DX10 only Of course I hope it will be playable on my machine
Old 03 July 2008, 21:47   #58
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I wouldn't fear to much about the DX10 problem, even in 2010 too many systems are still going to be running XP for blizzard to make that bold move. They will support DX10 but in a seperate rendering path. They have the money and the will to do that, they even make a mac version for heavens sake. That means that they may even include an OpenGL rendering path.
Old 03 July 2008, 22:06   #59
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
I wouldn't fear to much about the DX10 problem, even in 2010 too many systems are still going to be running XP for blizzard to make that bold move. They will support DX10 but in a seperate rendering path. They have the money and the will to do that, they even make a mac version for heavens sake. That means that they may even include an OpenGL rendering path.
We'll see If only it wouldn't be over a year and a half until we can play it There are just a few games I wait for and Diablo 3 is pretty high on that list.
Old 15 September 2008, 23:35   #60
frsoldier

voices are talking about the Xbox 360 Diablo 3 version.. I hope in a demo to test on it hehehe