English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 09 November 2015, 06:26   #1
punktniklas

Re-mapping keyboard [Solved]

I have run into the problem that I can't type single quotes in FS-UAE (running in Ubuntu Linux). Let me elaborate.

I'm running on a laptop with a Swedish keyboard and the keyboard settings in AmigaOS are Swedish as well. The thing is that a Swedish Amiga keyboard has one extra key that a Swedish PC keyboard doesn't have. (This may be true for all languages, I haven't looked into that.) Between the 0 (zero) key and backspace the Amiga keyboard has three keys, a PC keyboard only has two. In FS-UAE the missing key seems instead to be mapped to the key between 'Ä' and return. Meaning that whatever that key was originally has gone missing. And that's where the single quote character was..

For a picture of a Swedish Amiga keyboard, look here: http://www.bigbookofamigahardware.co...dish_1_big.jpg

Is there some way I can remap the keyboard in FS-UAE so I can get access to the currently missing key?

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 02 December 2015 at 20:38.

Old 09 November 2015, 11:10   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, yes, your analysis is correct, except for assuming that there is a key gone missing

The key between "Ä" and "Return" has been moved to the "Insert key". If you would like another arrangement, for example to move the "extra" key from the number row to Insert instead, you can do this via FS-UAE Launcher Settings -> Keyboard.
Old 10 November 2015, 04:51   #3
punktniklas

Ah, thanks! Now that you have said it I actually found it in the documentation as well. :-)