Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
...and be sold on Steam
Have a looksie here
Old 01 September 2015, 13:08   #66
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
Awesome Now all that's needed is WinXp compatibility. Fingers crossed.
Old 01 September 2015, 18:25   #67
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
Awesome Now all that's needed is WinXp compatibility. Fingers crossed.
The authors are big Amiga fans. You're not unknown in the Amiga world. Ask them for what you want and if they can accommodate it they will.

They are facilitating an easy AmigaOS4 source port and so I imagine making it WinXP compatible wouldn't be too hard. Do they have to use a particularly old version of SDL/DirectX?
Old 01 September 2015, 18:35   #68
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
You're not unknown in the Amiga world.
I'm not exactly known for having done all these amazing things, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Do they have to use a particularly old version of SDL/DirectX?
Not really. DirectX 9 is fine. Don't know about SDL.
Old 02 September 2015, 10:28   #69
invent
pixels

Just upped my pledge (over double), and it's just ticked over to 51,000+
(of course by doing this im hoping its a start of more games for our favourite system

Which means.......
FLOOR 3: Modding tools ( 51.000€ )

This stretch goal will finance a proper WYSIWYG editor, integrating all the required tools to build levels from the ground up with your own assets or ours.

(update ok, someone just reduced there pledge? i have screenshot though lol)

7 hours to go

Last edited by invent; 02 September 2015 at 10:34. Reason: additional text
Old 02 September 2015, 10:40   #70
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
I also just added some money to my original pledge.
Old 05 October 2015, 10:17   #71
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Guest track by Allister Brimble

Old 23 January 2016, 01:32   #72
Cyangmou

I just wanted to quickly hop in for a moment because I have a few spare minutes.

I know that I haven't taken good care of this thread since the Kickstarter campaign and sadly I just don't find enough time to be as active here as I am on other communities, like Pixelation, Deviantart and Twitter, but I also know that most of you nearly focus exclusively on this forum.

Since the kickstarter, we made a lot of progress on development and a few days ago we published the first "Alpha"* build to our Alpha-backers.

(* All gifs in this post are actually taken of this first alpha build, so all you see is fully functional ingame.)

While we are far from a polished game, the alpha features a lot of important core functions and it is completely made with our own tools and (except multiple dozens of bugs) it is functional.

In fact it features about 20-25 minutes of gameplay, leveldesign & level mechanics for one level, background music, soundfx, a bunch of enemies and weapons and secrets - so most of the basic stuff one expects from an actual game

The biggest stones have been rolled out of the way and currently we are focusing on getting the missing features for the beta version in.
And we also can focus now a lot more content-creation for the actual game and have to worry a little bit less about getting very basic functionalities in, despite some of them still need a big amount of polishing.

For everyone who is a bit more interested in the project and wants to check the progress once in a while:

We published several updates on our website
http://pixwerk.net/home/news
And the next update is coming soon.

I am not sure when I will find time again to post here next time, but I just wanted to say again that even if we don't find the time to post outside of our "usual" channels, we still remember what you and your community did for our Kickstarter.
Old 26 January 2016, 17:36   #73
brett71

I played the Alpha, and it really is quite fun, although a little frustrating at points where it seems like the weapons are underpowered and there are areas where you can only pass one-way and not get back to other parts of the map (which doesn't help when you get your character's arms ripped off and can't get back to a terminal where you can buy new arms), but I fully understand this is an Alpha and just to show us the progress being made, so take my criticisms at this stage with a grain of salt.
Old 26 January 2016, 18:00   #74
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

If gaming experience polish issues is all you have to complain about, that is one hugely successful alpha
Old 26 January 2016, 23:04   #75
brett71

I tend to agree that the Alpha was a lot of fun and lots of the major features like the environmental effects were working. It's a real good first step!
Old 27 January 2016, 13:35   #76
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

I like the look of this game a LOT.... Any idea of the final price?
Old 28 January 2016, 01:32   #77
Cyangmou

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett71 View Post
I played the Alpha, and it really is quite fun, although a little frustrating at points where it seems like the weapons are underpowered and there are areas where you can only pass one-way and not get back to other parts of the map (which doesn't help when you get your character's arms ripped off and can't get back to a terminal where you can buy new arms), but I fully understand this is an Alpha and just to show us the progress being made, so take my criticisms at this stage with a grain of salt.
Yeah there are a few problems with the actual game design, a lot of problems with balancing and a lot of unpolished stuff.

Parts like those happen, because right now we focus on functionality and getting stuff in that it works. As we wrote in the readme we will add a "kick" at some point, with which you can do something in this scenario (it's actually quite important) - but If you don't had any gamebreaking bug or the whole thing crashed, the alpha did well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
If gaming experience polish issues is all you have to complain about, that is one hugely successful alpha
There are actually a few things which caused major problems, like we had a bug with El Capitan, which caused a problem with loading textures and would make the game unplayable on macs with a special videocard and there are still a few "hidden" crashes. All in all it seems quite stable though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
I like the look of this game a LOT.... Any idea of the final price?
We can't say anything definite, but it won't exceed the usual price range of indiegames. This means most likely somewhere between 10-20 US$.
Old 28 January 2016, 01:57   #78
Aegis
Gentleman

Love the look of this! Looks like something the Bitmap's would do on the Neo-Geo
Old 29 January 2016, 13:19   #79
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyangmou View Post
We can't say anything definite, but it won't exceed the usual price range of indiegames. This means most likely somewhere between 10-20 US$.
Money needs to be earned - I would stress to go slightly below the current norm, which puts it around 12 bucks / euros. Otherwise you're competing with the avalanche of crap indie games that price themselves at 15 bucks and beyond "just because".
Old 07 March 2016, 14:09   #80
Cyangmou

Yep money needs to be earned, this is why a lot of games which have a too high price for what they can show to people won't sell. But there are also indiegames which are sold for a lot more - up to 30$ actually. I don't know if you follow the news, but I will just say "Firewatch" as a recent keyword.

But I am actually here to share some awesome news with all of you regarding our latest developments:

We finished the base of our HUB floor Amor's Den.

This level serves as the heart of the game and will serve some quiet minutes between the more aciton-heavy passages of action. The player is able to decide at his own pace how fast he will progress through the game, or if he will spend his time (and money) in the countless possible activities.
If you are interested in the finer details check out the in-depth news published on our homepage:
http://pixwerk.net/home/news/27-alpha-3-amor-s-den

Highlights of our progress:

-everything regarding NPC's (human enemies, talking, shopping etc.)

-level connections (elevators)

-minigames