English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 27 August 2010, 21:16   #81
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Very interesting !!!! My version is v1.6-e So your version should be preserved or imaged as extended ADF !
Old 04 August 2011, 05:17   #82
clenched

A new copy of this has shown up on ebay. The seller lists four languages but maybe this is for the manual and not the game. Perhaps the Captain can identify it for us. Anyway the game is cheap enough so far but postage was a deal breaker for me. http://cgi.ebay.com/FATE-AMIGA-COLLE...566416892#shId

EDIT: I dug down to page 56 of this guy's feedbacks and saw two back to back postings for this game so are these real or just some knockoff ?

Last edited by clenched; 04 August 2011 at 07:05. Reason: came into possession of new information
Old 04 August 2011, 09:30   #83
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

This is the english release, with the manual in 4 languages UK, french, german, italian.

the interesting thing is that it could be a different release than mine . so if you can bid on it, go !
Old 04 August 2011, 11:08   #84
clenched

Thank you for that info. The fact this guy has already sold at least two more copies gives me pause though. I have been using another native harddisk installation but the game saving is very tedious. Maybe someday I'll upload my savegame that will reveal why Morganna is the only member of the team you can't buy clothes for.

EDIT: BTW with Kickstart 2, starting the game I use with icon results in recoverable alert and subsequent guru. I have to run via early startup, turn off start sequence and run there . ( could be the same trouble mentioned a few posts back ). Runs from icon OK with 1.3.
More trivia: Besides the password nymph, and stone guardian, there is also a set of six mini maps needed when you are told to perform some action, push a button, dig, etc in the correct order or something bad will probably happen.

Last edited by clenched; 09 August 2011 at 20:09. Reason: remove link to deadend URL; add stuff
Old 04 August 2011, 11:21   #85
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

This is then a bug, that must be reported to the whdload coder, in order to correct it
thanks for sharing this info !!
Old 04 August 2011, 11:32   #86
clenched

No, plain install from the game's own installer. No bugs ,crashes, etc...
It's just slow and takes too many mouseclicks etc... floppies and savestates are faster.

EDIT: Oh! I get it now. I'd wager the deal about the clothes is surely not a bug.

Last edited by clenched; 04 August 2011 at 13:07.