English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 14 September 2003, 01:09   #1
doozie

new york warriors

has anyone been able to get this game to work,i tried an older version of winuae that back2roots specified plus the config and no good,also tried a new version of winuae with the same results,it asks for disk 2 ,accepts it and the screen stays black,i have also tried 3 different releases of the game. any help would be appreciated

nevermind,i did alittle searching here and found out how to get it work,thanks

Last edited by doozie; 14 September 2003 at 04:54.

Old 14 September 2003, 09:04   #2
haynor666
retro maniac

Good, at least one of juniors solve yours problems.
Old 16 September 2003, 04:09   #3
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

How could you tell he was a junior Hay?
New York eh?
Old 23 April 2007, 21:12   #4
Bolch

Hello to everyone!

I have exactly the same problem with NY Wariors. I also searched the forums but I wasn't as lucky as Mr. Doozie and couldn't find the answer.

So... please anyone could give me some advice on how to run this game under WinUAE?
Old 23 April 2007, 22:30   #5
Marcuz

i guess you are using a faulty version of the disks. i remember not to be able to make the game work when it asked for disk 2, and i remember to succeding by using different tosec versions, with a basic A500 config. maybe using only DF0: with the other disabilited.
i'm sorry it's a lot since i did it, and after that i'm using whdload.
another thing you can do is check Lemonade if it has it (i seem to remember so).
Old 23 April 2007, 22:39   #6
Big-Byte
Long time member

Anyone know what the story with this game was. I had a cracked copy of this game for almost a year before it actually was released. Ive always wondered what happened with it.
Old 27 April 2007, 00:40   #7
bertambala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Byte
Anyone know what the story with this game was. I had a cracked copy of this game for almost a year before it actually was released. Ive always wondered what happened with it.
I bought a copy of it new here in the states back in the early 90s for about 15 USD , and I thought it was great. I seem to remember that it was published by Virgin (Virgin Atlantic perhaps?), and I loved that the back of the box showed screens from both the Arcade and Amiga versions - they looked identical! Impressive.

Old 27 April 2007, 00:56   #8
NfernalNfluence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertambala
I bought a copy of it new here in the states back in the early 90s for about 15 USD , and I thought it was great. I seem to remember that it was published by Virgin (Virgin Atlantic perhaps?), and I loved that the back of the box showed screens from both the Arcade and Amiga versions - they looked identical! Impressive.

i don't think this was ever in the arcades

you may have been thinking of ikari warriors or time soldiers, no?
Old 27 April 2007, 12:26   #9
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

It would have been showing pictures of the Arcadia version, so there's no suprise it looked the same as the amiga version
Old 03 May 2007, 07:36   #10
bertambala

Quote:
Originally Posted by NfernalNfluence
i don't think this was ever in the arcades

you may have been thinking of ikari warriors or time soldiers, no?
I can't say that I ever saw it in the arcades, but I do recall the box highlighting scenes from the Amiga verison, the arcade version, and possibly the PC too. I can say for certain that it wasn't Ikari Warriors though, Time Soldiers, or even Heavy Barrel for that matter, as I never had any of them for the Ami. Something about not having the rotary joystick killed those games on non-arcade systems for me.

A lot of my old Amiga stuff got tossed by my dad's wife after I moved out post-college, but I still have quite a few boxes in the attic. If I can dig that one up I'll make a scan (after making sure that I'm not crazy first, of course! ).

Old 03 May 2007, 07:42   #11
bertambala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath
It would have been showing pictures of the Arcadia version, so there's no suprise it looked the same as the amiga version
That must be the arcade system based around the Amiga internals, no? I seem to recall reading a tidbit about that in one of the Amiga magazines of the day as well. Blast my hazy memory!

Old 03 May 2007, 07:46   #12
NfernalNfluence

Quote:
Something about not having the rotary joystick killed those games on non-arcade systems for me.
i hear ya!i'd think by now there'd be a commercially available rotary joystick on the market. sadly there isn't
Old 04 May 2007, 22:32   #13
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
or even Heavy Barrel for that matter, as I never had any of them for the Ami. Something about not having the rotary joystick killed those games on non-arcade systems for me.
Sorry for the OT post...

Heavy Barrel rocks, definitely my favourite game of this genre

I hear you about not having a rotary joystick though

The best subsitute I've found using a HotRodSE (which I have) or an X-Arcade is to map the following buttons for all games of this type:

Code:
1               2               3 
n/a             grenade         n/a 

4               5               6 
left rotate     fire            right