English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 19 January 2011, 16:06   #1661
4pLaY
www.resistance.no

Or you could find someone localy to help you out? if/when you get the card back you could always send it to me and ill install the card for you, should be cheaper then sending it out of Norway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDBUG View Post
I was pretty careful I thought ... but something must have happened along the installation struggle ... I KNEW I shouldnt have "tried this at home" :-(

Idiotproof, nope QED :-S

And it is / was the 28 mhz thank heavens .. Right now I just wish I hadnt attempted it.

Something must have been odd with my A1200 CPU connector.

Wonder if I ship it back to Jens now maybe he can reuse the 030 ? Or replace the connector ?

I wish I had let AmigaKit put it in the miggy, If Ive somehow managed to destroy this poor ACAs INSIDE connector, postage to the uk would have been cheaper :-(
Old 19 January 2011, 16:24   #1662
duga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDBUG View Post
All hope lost for my ACA ??

http://picasaweb.google.com/dag.jacobsen/ACA123028#

Seem to have damaged pins inside the edge connector ?? :-(
I cant believe how that could have happened ..

Is there any way of replacing the edge connector in service ?
Would be interesting to see a picture of your edge connector.
Old 19 January 2011, 21:30   #1663
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
I got an Indivision ECS today, firstly must say its an awesome bit of kit.

Works great on my JVC LCD TV, nice and clear. No vertical lines like I get from the PicassoIV in Native modes so thats great and no flicker as expected in High Res Laced.

Sadly it don't fit with the Apollo 620, so thats given me the kick up the backside I need to get myself an ACA630. Which I'll order next week when the pay check comes in

But I have just been reading over at Amibay that the Indi ECS/A603 and ACA630 don't fit together without some modifacation or at least a riser socket for the Indi ECS.

@Fol is there any news on the solution you were working on for fitting the IndiECS and keeping the Floppy Drive?

Or are you able to supply with the ACA630 the riser socket I need to use the IndiECS?

Its a shame these three items don't all just fit

Steve.
Old 19 January 2011, 21:52   #1664
Amigaman

@Fitzsteve

Hi mate. Just to let you know, the ACA630 and the indivision do fit in together (snug but ok), it really is just the floppy that gets in the way. It would be nice if there could be a kit to re-seat the Indi and keep the floppy.

Also, de-solder the old RF output, and the put the output cable thougth there. The securing nuts grip the metal shield nicely, though slight mod needed on the plastic.

Also, I was VERY tempted by your Apollo listing on Amibay. Very... but just couldn't quite scape the cash together, even at the great price.
Old 19 January 2011, 22:18   #1665
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
I got an Indivision ECS today, firstly must say its an awesome bit of kit.

Works great on my JVC LCD TV, nice and clear. No vertical lines like I get from the PicassoIV in Native modes so thats great and no flicker as expected in High Res Laced.

Sadly it don't fit with the Apollo 620, so thats given me the kick up the backside I need to get myself an ACA630. Which I'll order next week when the pay check comes in

But I have just been reading over at Amibay that the Indi ECS/A603 and ACA630 don't fit together without some modifacation or at least a riser socket for the Indi ECS.

@Fol is there any news on the solution you were working on for fitting the IndiECS and keeping the Floppy Drive?

Or are you able to supply with the ACA630 the riser socket I need to use the IndiECS?

Its a shame these three items don't all just fit

Steve.
Still trying to source the right connector. I was looking while at home, will keeping looking.

The other solution would involve soldering. Id rather not this solution as it can take time to make, plus it would'nt look neat.
I hate things that dont look neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigaman View Post
@Fitzsteve

Hi mate. Just to let you know, the ACA630 and the indivision do fit in together (snug but ok), it really is just the floppy that gets in the way. It would be nice if there could be a kit to re-seat the Indi and keep the floppy.

Also, de-solder the old RF output, and the put the output cable thougth there. The securing nuts grip the metal shield nicely, though slight mod needed on the plastic.

Also, I was VERY tempted by your Apollo listing on Amibay. Very... but just couldn't quite scape the cash together, even at the great price.
What Amigman said. They fit fine together, just floppy issue.
Old 19 January 2011, 22:22   #1666
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
@Fitzsteve

Thanks very much for the info, I was going to remove the RF since I've never used that. Good to know it fits well

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Still trying to source the right connector. I was looking while at home, will keeping looking.

The other solution would involve soldering. Id rather not this solution as it can take time to make, plus it would'nt look neat.
I hate things that dont look neat.

What Amigman said. They fit fine together, just floppy issue.
Awesome stuff, as long as it all fits together I can live without the floppy for now. Really hope you don't sell out before next week when I finally have the cash to order

Steve.
Old 19 January 2011, 22:24   #1667
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Really hope you don't sell out before next week when I finally have the cash to order
Steve.
They are selling fast.
Old 19 January 2011, 22:25   #1668
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
They are selling fast.
Can you hide one for me if I send you a bribe?
Old 19 January 2011, 22:32   #1669
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Can you hide one for me if I send you a bribe?
/me looks round
The boss is watching, .

That is a joke by the way, .
Old 19 January 2011, 22:56   #1670
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
/me looks round
The boss is watching, .

That is a joke by the way, .
Lol I know, if they're gone then too bad
Old 19 January 2011, 22:58   #1671
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

I think, Ill setup a support page for the ACA cards.
I think Jens said it was ok to use info from this thread in it.

I should have something sorted soon. Aint had time of late.
Hopefully Ill get chance next week on my week off, .
Old 19 January 2011, 23:01   #1672
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
I think, Ill setup a support page for the ACA cards.
I think Jens said it was ok to use info from this thread in it.

I should have something sorted soon. Aint had time of late.
Hopefully Ill get chance next week on my week off, .
Yep, I think an FAQ is a good idea as the same questions get asked a lot. Lucky when I read stuff I remember is pretty well
Old 20 January 2011, 14:34   #1673
Amigaman

Quote:
Thanks very much for the info, I was going to remove the RF since I've never used that. Good to know it fits well

Steve.
I shall try to get some pics up this weekend of my current setup, and you can see how well it all fits togther.

Graham
Old 20 January 2011, 15:01   #1674
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
I shall try to get some pics up this weekend of my current setup, and you can see how well it all fits togther.

Graham
Thanks, I appreciate that - plus everyone likes Pics
Old 20 January 2011, 19:58   #1675
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockersuke View Post
As expected, setting the No Disk jumper (as default) killed PCMCIA.
Your DF0 is connected? One way around it could have been to close both NoDisk and BootSel, replace DF0 with a floppy terminator. But it seems if both are jumpered you lose PCMCIA anyway. I will test on mine.

And nice to see picture proof that my predicting (not quite 7.16 MIPS @ 30 MHz) from my ACA630 thread was correct (Not that it was hard to predict, just sayin'...)
Old 22 January 2011, 00:47   #1676
rockersuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
And nice to see picture proof that my predicting (not quite 7.16 MIPS @ 30 MHz) from my ACA630 thread was correct (Not that it was hard to predict, just sayin'...)
Then you'll love to know that just setting maprom on made my 7.01 jump to... 7.17!

The card seems to be stable, though not rock-solid-stable. A couple of random crashes in a 3 hour session which afaik might not be even ACA related at all. Still installing and testing a lot of things. Tomorrow my Amiga 600 will try to go networking for her first time!

--
Old 22 January 2011, 01:47   #1677
TjLaZer

Quote:
They are selling fast.
I know what you mean. I really didn't have the $ at the moment, and since I have been waiting several years to get a damn 030 card for a A600 I just had to order one now. Thank god for Paypal credit!

Just got it yesterday infact! It installed beautifully and runs like champ! 1.23 x A3000 speed is nice indeed!
Old 22 January 2011, 01:50   #1678
TjLaZer

Has anyone had issues with their CF card not autobooting on a cold boot? Any way to fix this? Get another CF adaptor or card maybe?
Old 22 January 2011, 02:03   #1679
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjLaZer View Post
Has anyone had issues with their CF card not autobooting on a cold boot? Any way to fix this? Get another CF adaptor or card maybe?
Try interrupting the reset line of your CF card adapter. It's IDE pin#1.

Jens
Old 22 January 2011, 05:22   #1680
TronPlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjLaZer View Post
I have the exact problem. My CF will not cold boot with the ACA installed and I have to perform a reset. It cold boots fine without the ACA installed. Also, I am having a second problem. I have a NTSC machine and am unable to boot into PAL mode if I use the ACATUNE maprom function. Without calling ACATUNE I can boot into PAL mode.