English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Demos

Old 12 March 2008, 03:36   #1
moufassa78

Question I'm after this demo ...

G'day fellow Amigans!

I'm looking for a particular demo that was run on display machines (at least in my local department store, anyway) in the early 90s.

The music for the start of the sequence seemed to be very similar to Cutting Crew's "(I Just) Died In Your Arms Tonight", with some nice effects thrown in. My memory of the visuals is quite foggy (it HAS been 15 years) but I seem to remember that during the Cutting Crew-esque music there was a picture of some Greek god. I think the rest of the demo was a series of images (interlaced, I believe) that showcased the Amiga and its productivity software.

I also seem to recall that the machine upon which the demo ran was a full-size wedge desktop equipped with a HDD LED (read: A1200), so this may have been an AGA production. That said, I don't remember which year I last saw it running... but 1993 is certainly a possibility.

Anyone have any idea at all of what I'm talking about?

Old 14 March 2008, 14:01   #2
Grex

No idea, but just wanted to mention that the A600 also had 6 LEDs.
As the 1200 came out in (I think) 1993, there probably aren't too many AGA-demos from 1993. So you might be able to find it in one of the numerous demo-databases, if it really was an Aga-demo.
All in all your description sounds rather like a slideshow, those where often equipped with sampled sounds, just in case it helps.
Old 15 March 2008, 03:05   #3
moufassa78

Yeah I don't think it was an A600 as I remember playing Pinball Fantasies on one at an arcade-style cabinet in the same store - this machine was on a display bench with a few other machines. (BTW, the A1200 was released in September '92 but they didn't hit our shelves till just before Christmas ... I think. )

The demo could very well be a slideshow but I haven't found anything in the demo databases that looks familiar - might have to do some more searching!