English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 14 October 2001, 19:31   #1
MethodGit

Floppy disk Missing HD Games

OK, since I made that big list of requested HD games months ago, some rare games have thankfully materialized, either on sites or FTPs. I feel really happy to find them at all. However, there's still a few that are considered AWOL and a rescue operation to find the following should begin :

Lemmings (WHD) (Not to be confused with JST edition. WHD version uses disk images)
Lemmings Budget (JST/WHD)
Holiday Lemmings 94 (WHD)
Carrier Command (WHD) (Preferably both versions, with full speech disk images included)
Universe (WHD)
Blues Brothers (JST/WHD)
Dick Tracy (WHD)
Pinball Dreams (WHD) (Not to be confused with JST edition. WHD version uses a different set of ripped files)
Fantasy World Dizzy (JST) (Doesn't accept cracked disk, although funnily enough WHD install seems to accept it)
Dizzy Prince Of The Yolkfolk (WHD)
Dizzy Panic (WHD)
Dizzy Collection (WHD)
Dizzy's Excellent Adventures (JST)
Alien Breed 2 (WHD)
Alien Breed Tower Assault (WHD) (WHD version uses RawDICed disk images)
Airball (WHD) (Not to be confused with JST edition. WHD version uses disk image)
Agony (WHD) (Not to be confused with old JST edition (which used files). Newer JST version/WHD version used disk images)
R-Type 2 (WHD)
Dalek Attack (WHD)
Footballer Of The Year 2 (WHD)
Team Suzuki (WHD)
Starglider 2 (WHD)
Armour Geddon (WHD)
Captain Planet (WHD)
Knightmare (WHD)
Chaos Engine AGA (JST/WHD) (Not to be confused with common ECS version. AGA version uses specially-ripped disk images)
Elite (JST/WHD)
Thunderhawk (WHD)
Supremacy (WHD)
Benefactor (WHD)
Naughty Ones (WHD)
Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge AmigaFun (JST) (Not to be confused with commonly-uploaded versions which feature the Lotus-Trilogy-CD32 disk image)
Zool AmigaFun (JST/WHD) (Not to be confused with the commonly-uploaded versions which feature original-version disk images)
Millennium 2.2 (WHD)
Total Carnage (WHD)
Aquaventura (Original) (WHD) (Not to be confused with the file-ripped edition found at Lost Bullet. Proper WHD version uses disk images)
F17 Challenge (WHD) (Not to be confused with cracked JST edition found at Lost Bullet. WHD version uses RawDICed disk images)
Body Blows (WHD) (Disk images from JST version don't work with WHD patch)
Arcade Pool (WHD) (Disk image from old JST edition (found at Spokyz) doesn't work with newer JST version/WHD version)
Assassin Special Edition (JST) (Not to be confused with Spokyz WHD edition. JST version uses rob2filed disk images)
Apache/Overdrive (WHD) (Disk image from JST edition doesn't work with WHD version)

Anyone know where I can successfully locate the following, or perhaps even upload any of them here?
Old 14 October 2001, 20:45   #2
Carlos Ace

Send a message via ICQ to Carlos Ace
Floppy disk RE: Missing HD Games

Here it is some of the games (2):

Agony

F17 Challenge

Do u have Colorado, Starblade and/or MAYA WHD versions ???
Old 14 October 2001, 22:41   #3
MethodGit

Re: RE: Missing HD Games

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlos Ace
Here it is some of the games (2):

Agony

F17 Challenge
The AIAB version of Agony is the old JST version, which I have already.

And that F17 Challenge you've linked to is the cracked JST version.

But thanks for trying to help anyway.

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlos Ace
Do u have Colorado, Starblade and/or MAYA WHD versions ???
No, sorry, I don't unfortunately . I was hoping that the Maya WHD install would work with the cracked version but I was wrong. Same with the Windsurf Willy install (although I swear it was working once, maybe it was a different version).
Old 15 October 2001, 11:17   #4
Paul
RIP Friends

When I told you about this link yesterday:-
http://www.madmatt.cjb.net/

I didn't realize that you wanted both WHD and JST versions. Why do you need both versions when the JST version of Holiday Lemmings 93 & 94 works fine? I was only trying to help!
Old 16 October 2001, 12:45   #5
MethodGit

Unhappy Wha? Don't feel bad, Paul!

Look, I appreciate your help and I thank you for providing me with the Lemmings link, but the thing is, I was asking for the WHD version as well because I wanted to test its compatibility rate against the JST version (well, CodyJarrett is always harping on about how much better WHDLoad is than JST), and see if there were any differences! Except that it's not important now, because I discovered by using the files from that JST edition (from the Lemmings page) with the WHD slave I could play it anyway! So perhaps I should remove it?

That's the thing I have with JST and WHD games. I don't know which one is better to use.
Old 16 October 2001, 13:28   #6
TikTok

Quote:
Carrier Command (WHD) (Preferably both versions, with full speech disk images included)
Marz, what do you mean by "speech disks"? AFAIK Carrier Command came on just one disk, and I don't remember any speech...are we talking about the same game here? (3D graphics, control your multi-purpose aircraft carrier thing from one island to another etc etc). I'd be very interested if you have adfs of this version with these speech disks
Old 16 October 2001, 13:40   #7
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

The WHDLoad install supports a version of Carrier Command which came with a PC version too, so a file was removed by whoever compiled the disk (probably to save space).

It's a sound sample which is played on the titlescreen - if I remember correctly, it is the little bit of music which plays while the carrier spins round.

The file can be included with the WHD install and utilised. It should be called 'disk.2' - this is the file Marz is talking about.
Old 16 October 2001, 13:46   #8
TikTok

Thanks for clearing that up Cody .
Old 16 October 2001, 19:24   #9
MethodGit

Actually, I thought the sample was of a combination of some intercom speech and (TV-like low frequency) music, played on the static screen that shows some flying vehicle flying away from a carrier.

Unless you can prove me wrong, Jarrett...
Old 17 October 2001, 14:23   #10
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Check out The Zone.
Old 17 October 2001, 17:34   #11
MethodGit

Happy Wahey!

Thanks a real playful bunch, Cody. You're a bloody saint.
Old 06 November 2006, 00:27   #12
tony

if you are looking for the original games on your ist I have several of them still boxed. tony adeliemay@hotmail.com