English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 14 September 2004, 16:31   #101
manicx

Found the same YM in both YM5 and YM6 format. Tao's Ice Age in YM5 (SID) and YM6 formats. Notice the difference. YM6 is just better and doesn't sound like YM at all...
Old 14 September 2004, 16:37   #102
Adrenalin

Doom Master

Hi everyone,

DoomMaster - you should see the crap that this guy caused on
www.atari-forum.com

We've now banned him twice (using 2 different usernames).

Things started off in quite a comical way (his silly comments made us all laugh!!). He once told us that "lots of girls have called me big"..... oh yes, we all had a big chuckle at that one!!

Anyway, my point is..... this guy seems to cause bad feeling wherever he goes. No doubt you've all done web-searches and found other sites/boards where he has caused similar problems.

So, just to warn you that this guy doesn't seem to go away, and if he does, then he always comes back with an alter-ego.

It's sad that some people have to spend so much time causing bad feeling to otherwise happy and useful forums.

Best wishes to you all,

Assassin / Adrenalin UK

Old 14 September 2004, 19:29   #103
Stefan Lindberg
Zone Friend

Manicx: the two tunerecordings you posted is two different ones, actually Tao did three versions of that music.. one using standard YM-sounds and another using digidrums for drumsounds thats the one you recorded and calling it YM5(sid)... and a third version where he used the actual Sid-voice, thats the recording you called YM6.. it is not using sync-buzzer.
And the Sid-voice emulation is bad for the YM-format so please stop using it... YM-format is an old soundemulator format and is not very good.

Use SNDH files when listening on Atari ST music, they can be downloaded from Grazey's webpage, "Grazey's Zak Hacks" #21 is the first to be released in SNDH format just download every release after that to get a massive collection of Atari ST music. http://phf.atari.org

the SC68 winamp plugin can be used for playing the music (also avaible for MAC):
http://sc68.atari.org
or Winjam: http://www.creamhq.de/
Old 15 September 2004, 09:36   #104
manicx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Lindberg
And the Sid-voice emulation is bad for the YM-format so please stop using it... YM-format is an old soundemulator format and is not very good.
As I said, I haven't being into the ST sound scene after '91. I even can't be arsed to use any of the synth trackers to make any music on the ST. I have a massive collection of ST sounds anyway but I still prefer YMs! Even if I have to make any music, I will probably read all my notes and start ASMing!

Last edited by manicx; 15 September 2004 at 11:31.
Old 20 September 2004, 20:12   #105
TjLaZer

I own both platforms and like them both. But I am realistic as to which one was better. I started out with the ST then moved to Amiga. But I enjoy both computers. Infact I collect ALL Commodore and Atari computers.