English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 18 September 2018, 21:28   #201
turrican9

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post
@Turrican9

What colour is your defective case? ASB Computer may not have them in stock but we have both white and clear available. Maybe we can help, let me contact Phillippe about your case.
I have a white one.
Old 18 September 2018, 23:56   #202
Hiddenevil

I've been looking at these, but i'd want a keyboard to go with it. Are those availible to?
Old 20 September 2018, 14:59   #203
kolla
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddenevil View Post
I've been looking at these, but i'd want a keyboard to go with it. Are those availible to?
Keycaps soon, keyboards later, maybe.
Old 20 September 2018, 19:40   #204
wiz12

Silly question but what are the two white stickers and round plastic cylindrical parts that come with the cases for?
Old 20 September 2018, 20:34   #205
TjLaZer

Parts for non Amiga motherboards.
Old 21 September 2018, 18:48   #206
turrican9

I got an aswer from amigastore.eu today. First of all they were much faster to reply this time and secondly they really show that they are working on getting the customer service back to how I remembered them a few years ago.

This is really good news and this makes me a happy customer again that can recommend them to other people.

I will copy paste:

Hello xxxx,

> Also, with all that waiting I did this summer I get an A1200 case which you admit to having a manufacturing defect on top of it all. Isn't it normal to offer a replacement or a full refund for the product when it's defective? When I pay this amount and wait for ages to get the product (even though it was listed as in stock at the time I ordered it) I at least expect it to be without manufacturing defects.

And you are absolutely right. Of course defective item have to be replaced or full refunded without any cost for the customer in agreement with our terms and UE laws. If you agree, a new case will be shipped to you next Monday shipping cost free (this time carefully inspected). Also, you don't need to send back the defective case. I hope you can use it for some interesting project.

> Same thing happened earlier this summer when I ordered this A1200 case from you. It was listed as in stock and it took you many weeks/a month to process and ship the order.

Because we sold hundreds of cases in 24h. It was not easy to process all orders. With our shipping worker on maternity leave we were just able to ship about 20 orders by day plus the additional and daily work.

> And took weeks to reply my email. It's starting to look like a trend.

Please accept my sincere apologies. Since some months ago we receive tons of messages by day and we are absolutely overwhelmed. Customer support is the most important for us and for this reason we hired xxxx xxxxx. Since August with a full time contract. 8 hours by day, five days by week just for customer support. She has a lot of experience on customer support, but not exactly on sales warranty terms and regulations. Offer you a voucher for a defective item has not sense. This is an absurd confusion. Apart our replacement, the voucher is still active. In example you can use it to buy any item without cost for you, including shipping costs.

At last, please remember you can phone us at our open hours to obtain an immediately response to your questions.

Best regards,
xxxxx xxxxxx - AMIGAstore.eu

Last edited by turrican9; 21 September 2018 at 18:58.
Old 21 September 2018, 19:55   #207
amigasith

Nice This is customer support how it should be.
Old 21 September 2018, 23:46   #208
sean_sk
Gimmemore Commodore

Well done Turrican9 and good on Amigastore.eu and A1200.net. That's really awesome of them!!
Old 22 September 2018, 20:25   #209
Mr.Flibble

That's a very nice result
Old 10 October 2018, 19:14   #210
turrican9

So I got my replacement case yesterday. They even put an Amiga Future magazine in the box Very nice customer service

With regards to the case itself, this one also has small currogations on the left side fan grill. But alot less than my first case. Looks like these cases are just not the same quality as the original A1200 cases. But I guess they are good enough.