English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 05 May 2012, 14:38   #861
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
I would definately not recommend this as in the past we have had customer destroy the indivisions.
This OK:

Sorry for low quality, forgot I had the phone camera on low setting and put the miggy back together before checking the pic!!
Old 05 May 2012, 14:41   #862
diablothe2nd

that looks fine!

i've got so many mods in my wedge i'd have no hope putting the rf shield back.

thinking about it though, the metal back of the keyboard will shield it... guess i could mount some custom shielding into the top part of the case, under the vents though
Old 05 May 2012, 14:51   #863
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
This OK:

Sorry for low quality, forgot I had the phone camera on low setting and put the miggy back together before checking the pic!!
Absolutely perfect, nice job on cutting.
Old 05 May 2012, 15:04   #864
DonAmiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonAmiga View Post
Wow big Thanks

First pic with black order (ntsc), Second pic Xtreme: super high res with blackborder looks awesome went to get better camera but battery flat,
Quote:
Yes in the zone, but I did a soft reset and hadn't saved the setting now cant seem to get them in the screen modes? I put the xtreme file in the dev's and the tool file in C but I'm not sure what's going on, Any Help? the readme file isn't much good
I've put the Xtreme tool and the blackboard tool in the WBStartup drawer and the Xtreme-Ham8 in WB, so can now the screen setting in prefs but will not save? have to reselect settings after start-up, but picture quality is awesome
Old 05 May 2012, 15:20   #865
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Wow big Thanks

First pic with black order (ntsc), Second pic Xtreme: super high res with blackborder looks awesome went to get better camera but battery flat,

Looks really good
Old 05 May 2012, 15:45   #866
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

The Xtreme is a Monitor File so you should put it in Devs:Monitors/
Then you can select it just fine from Screenmode Prefs
Old 05 May 2012, 16:16   #867
Schoenfeld
electricky.

First-time flickerfixer users: look out!

Hi folks,

we just solved an interesting support case, where a customer has added the Indivision AGA MK2 to his A4000D setup. He disconnected the power chord from the 15kHz monitor and used it for the TFT which is connected to Indivision. The 15kHz monitor was still connected to the Amiga, but not powered.

The Amiga would not start in that configuration. However, when the customer removed Indivision AGA MK2 and only used the 15kHz monitor, the computer would start. Since this looked like a problem of Indivision and the customer was close enough to my place for a saturday-afternoon-visit, we tested the unit here, and it worked perfectly.

Turned out that the Amiga has confused the powerless monitor with a Genlock. Upon power-up, the Amiga identifies a Genlock by the presence of Sync signals, and some monitors (for example the Microvitec standard monitor that Excom preferred) do exactly that: They let the Amiga believe that a Genlock is connected, and the Amiga crashes because of that (constant reset-loop).

If you are a first-time flickerfixer user and still have your 15kHz monitor connected as a backup, then it may keep your Amiga from starting if the 15kHz monitor is not switched on.

Jens
Old 05 May 2012, 21:27   #868
Ratte

Quote:
I've put the Xtreme tool and the blackboard tool in the WBStartup drawer and the Xtreme-Ham8 in WB, so can now the screen setting in prefs but will not save? have to reselect settings after start-up, but picture quality is awesome
First xtreme picture .. congratulations!

A short how to:

copy the files "xtreme" & "xtreme.info" to the devs/monitors/
(just like like pal and/or ntsc ....)

but, why did you make a photo from xtreme: superhires "non"lace with 1280x512 ?!
give it a go to XTREME:SUPERHIRES-LACE with 1280x1024

XTREME-HAM8 is a testpicture .. not needed to be installed, just for testing
(needs lot of free chipmem .. try from 4 color ntsc-wb)

awaiting screenshots .. 2nd try !!
Old 05 May 2012, 22:47   #869
BarryB
Amigaholic

Tried a friends DVI-I 4:3 monitor (15" Philips 150X) and most screenmodes miss half the image as it displays the left edge in the centre of the monitor, HighGFX was fine though! Also, couldn't run any HD Installed games from workbench as both monitors I tried just went black and didn't display anything, running the same games from floppy work no problem.
Old 05 May 2012, 23:34   #870
DonAmiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratte View Post

but, why did you make a photo from xtreme: superhires "non"lace with 1280x512 ?!
give it a go to XTREME:SUPERHIRES-LACE with 1280x1024

XTREME-HAM8 is a testpicture .. not needed to be installed, just for testing
(needs lot of free chipmem .. try from 4 color ntsc-wb)

awaiting screenshots .. 2nd try !!
The highest I can go is Xtreme Super-High Res 1280 x 480 any higher and the screen starts to brake-up, Any thing super-high res lance, I get not supported the same with Xtreme-Ham8 (anything high = not supported) it flashes up for a split second. I'm using ACA1230/56 with DVi to VGA on a Full HD LCD TV, Hopefully be better when I get kipper2k HDMI adapter

my best pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xtreme super-higjh res.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	322.7 KB
ID:	31521  
Old 05 May 2012, 23:45   #871
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Hopefully be better when I get kipper2k HDMI adapter
It won't. The reason why you can't display XTREME SHires laced is because the pixelclock is fixed at about 78MHz. However, in order to get above the magical 55Hz that most screens require, pixelclock must be at least 100MHz. With the current setting, XTREME SHires laced will only come out at slightly above 40Hz. Practically no monitor can display that.

Higher pixelclocks will be suppored with one of the next flash updates.

Jens
Old 05 May 2012, 23:57   #872
DonAmiga

Cheers Jens

I can see the potential
Old 06 May 2012, 18:25   #873
TreacleWench
Amigaaaarrrrgghhh

Got my MKII yesterday (thanks Amigakit!), tested it this morning with my Benq G2222HDL monitor.

The native PAL screenmode for workbench and games is working well. I get the whole picture on screen and I don't think it is distorted, it's just not quite centered (it appears a little to the right). Screenshots below:

Name:	WB PAL.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	31534 Click image for larger version

Name:	Game PAL.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	31532

HighGFX mode looks perfect:

Name:	HighGFX.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	31533

HD720 mode refuses to load, which is odd as it worked fine on my MKI.

The only other thing I have noticed is that on the Workbench I get a one pixel thick vertical line down the left hand side, this appears in both screenmodes.

This is all with direct DVI connection which I must say looks ultra sharp. I am very pleased overall and can't wait for the config tool. Great job Jens!
Old 06 May 2012, 18:52   #874
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Thanks for sharing the pics TreacleWench I see you also get the image shifted to the right.

@Jens, do you know what causes this as on my 4x3 screen it pushes the image off the screen whereas if you have 16x9 it's not a big issue.

Thanks
Old 06 May 2012, 20:38   #875
Schoenfeld
electricky.

The current core takes "as many pixels as possible" per line from the Amiga, even if they're way out of the overscan area. The same amount of pixels is pushed via DVI to the monitor, and that's over 1600 pixels per line for a PAL screen (where only 1536 are potentially valid). This is a known issue that you will be able to fix with the configtool.

Monitors with a smaller panel probably only display the "left part of the screen" and cut off whatever there is on the right. Some monitors scale, others don't, which is why you get different results with different monitors.

The vertical line on the very left of the screen should be outside the visible area. It's a debugging artefact - just ignore that :-)

Jens
Old 06 May 2012, 20:46   #876
amigakit.com

@Treaclewench

Glad it arrived safely. Hope it was a prompt delivery too, saving you time from ordering outside the UK. Thank you for the order and hope to see you return to our webstore again soon.

@BarryB

Nice neat cutting job on the upper shielding.
Old 06 May 2012, 21:00   #877
RMK

Nice to see some pictures of the card in action...my A4000D version is still showing status pending...
Old 06 May 2012, 21:20   #878
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK View Post
Nice to see some pictures of the card in action...my A4000D version is still showing status pending...
We are still awaiting stock of the A4000D version. As soon as it comes in, we will ship.
Old 06 May 2012, 22:02   #879
BarryB
Amigaholic

Thanks for the comments on the RF shield cutting

Just hand held a junior hacksaw blade and took my time cutting, then filed the edges of burrs and used some wet & dry to smooth any sharp edges.

Here's a pic of how I routed the cable:

Name:	Indimkiicable.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	31543

Once folded and taped it sits nicely in the compartment at the bottom right of the Amiga and there is plenty of space between the keyboard for the cable to run back to the Indi!!

I had to put a piece of card over the Indi so the CF + Adapter didn't touch it, this is temporary as i'm going to get a nice piece of red card to match the Indi
Old 06 May 2012, 22:15   #880
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Trial cores - use at your own risk

Hi,

here's three trial cores. They are strictly experimental and may be dangerous to first-generation multisync monitors. The 100MHz and 107MHz cores display PAL, NTSC and especially the DBL modes in such high frequencies that early-generation multisync monitors may be destroyed. You have been warned.

Only flash one of these cores if you have a way back: You should have a 15kHz monitor as a backup to see the flashtool. There is no way to "try before you flash", because the FPGA can only be loaded from flash, so you should have a display solution available that works even if your monitor cannot display what Indivision AGA MK2 is showing.

The 71MHz core has the picture shifted to the left and the overall line length reduced. It should be much better for PAL and NTSC, as the filename states. However, with the display-start shifted that far, HighGFX, HD720 and XTREME are cut off on the left. This should clarify that there's no way around the flashtool which lets you tweak and save settings for every screenmode individually.

The 100MHz core displays XTREME SHires-laced in 57Hz. This one has the picture shifted right again, so it's not cut off at the left. The same positioning is in the 107MHz core, and this one outputs XTREME SHires-laced in 61Hz. Both these modes display even on my most-piccy Dell monitor, although they still don't match any common panel size.

Once again, these cores are experimental and potentially dangerougs to your CRT monitor.

Jens

Last edited by Schoenfeld; 20 August 2013 at 22:44.