English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 03 May 2007, 12:05   #1
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Your Valued opinion please

Many of you know me from the Tribute DVD's etc and know im a straight forward Amiga and emulation fan

Well i have been putting together an installer called "Emulation station"
Quite simply it installs all the best emu's as a front end ...It gives information about each machine...links to each emulator page...basicly its a nice front end that pre installs everything neatly for you and will be great for the emulation beginner to the scene...Buttons will open "put your roms & games here" type of thing and A nice case and cover as well like the tribute DVD and any extras i can think of.

But the main thing is there are no illigal games or roms in the station !!!

So this time i thought rather than out sending discs at my own expense ( and the tributes cost me a lot ) i thought i "could" put it on ebay as a buy it now price ( £0:00 ) but a small postage fee to cover discs and covers..Postage etc..

lets say "Buy it now £0:00 and postage and packing £2

Now does anyone find that offensive... or a threat to the scene in any way ??? Its just that i offered some retro remake nutters to have a page added with some of thier fantastic games and they all went off on one....i guess it was the Ebay thing ???

So please what do you think to the idea of using Ebay as the spreader ???
And it is only an idea at the moment !!

Last edited by synchro; 03 May 2007 at 13:33.
Old 03 May 2007, 12:10   #2
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Personally I woudln`t find it offensive, however ebay / paypall would be making money from your (obviously) hard and great looking work!

I have another Idea If you want, I can host the DVD on my hosting service for you (its very fast / dl) and you can include the covers etc there.

let me know what you think... either way keep up that good work... it looks great i WILL be getting my mits on that soon!!!
Old 03 May 2007, 12:25   #3
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0
Personally I woudln`t find it offensive, however ebay / paypall would be making money from your (obviously) hard and great looking work!

I have another Idea If you want, I can host the DVD on my hosting service for you (its very fast / dl) and you can include the covers etc there.

let me know what you think... either way keep up that good work... it looks great i WILL be getting my mits on that soon!!!

Sounds like a plan i just cant afford to do the free thing again !!

But please still leave your opinions...they made me out to be a right B*****d !!
Old 03 May 2007, 12:32   #4
Dizzy
Pirate

I think Zetr0 got a point
Old 03 May 2007, 12:41   #5
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
I think Zetr0 got a point
Ye and i think his offer is great..and il accept it but i just want to know what makes me such a B*****d
i had 2 threads locked on the retro remake forum ...they said i was killing the scene...dragging down thier good name.....breaking the law.....trying to rip them off....i thought i was gonna be shot !! There all gonna die of heart attacks i think with those stress levels

As for rip them off.....after that i wouldnt put one of those Anoracks games on my installer now if they paid me !!
Old 03 May 2007, 12:43   #6
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

whom made you out to be a down right b*stard? arses!

If you want syncgro, you can have dedicated website with requests etc your whole project

you can also have multiple dvd iso's of your work to d/l etc thusly those that can: can download it, those on slow or limmited bandwidth can pay for postage / media by your site (that can be hosted as pre-mentioned)

www.guildserver.co.uk : is hosted on the www.streamline.net servers and is usually pretty damn nippy!

Currently its playing host to some great community projects
(such that I believe yours is too):-

KG's WHDload project
AMR Coverdisks
Game Cover Art

and the guildwars guild that i am with too

www.guildserver.co.uk/forums/bos/
Old 03 May 2007, 13:08   #7
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

So what your saying is host it on a site for free download.....or it can be purchased on Ebay as an option for limited bandwith users who only have to pay for postage .... Thats brilliant Zetro....il get started on it now

No more Anoracks accusing me of trying to TAKE OVER THE WORLD .....

Ok im getting carried away but you had to be there
Old 03 May 2007, 13:14   #8
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

LOL

I am glad that this helps...

might I suggest, even though you can stick it on ebay, you can have a website as well with a stright forward paypal option my friend.... its very simple.... or both... nothing hurts here... it gets this out there for the masses
Old 03 May 2007, 13:18   #9
Marcuz

i haven't followed the threads you mentioned on the other threads, but i can say that i don't see no reason for accusing you of the alleged things. this is a very nice project and i wish you luck with spreading it!
Old 03 May 2007, 13:26   #10
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Thanks Marco !!

It wasnt on this forum it was another .....i posted a piccy and asked if anyone wanted thier work added to a page on the menu and that was it really i became public enemy number one
Old 03 May 2007, 13:54   #11
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

If anyone can help to find me some games that are now freely disributable for any of these emulators il add them ...the only ones i have found are for coleco vision and the last ninja series for c64, amiga and snes...there must be more that that for c64 at least...

BTW...Is the 1.3 amiga rom freely distributable yet ??? i heard it was ?? It would be good if winuae booted to something...if not no problem

Last edited by synchro; 03 May 2007 at 14:06.
Old 03 May 2007, 14:40   #12
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
But the main thing is there are no illigal games or roms in the station !!!
Can you please explain this? You mean there is no illigal roms on the DVD or you can't use it with illigal roms?
Old 03 May 2007, 15:02   #13
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchro
BTW...Is the 1.3 amiga rom freely distributable yet ??? i heard it was ?? It would be good if winuae booted to something...if not no problem
No chance mate!

The Amiga community isn't lucky enough

Instead some company sits on it hoping to make a few quid.
Old 03 May 2007, 15:04   #14
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

i wonder how much they would sell it for?

thinking about it they belive paying $44,000 for a modern operating system is fair sooo with a.inc math a 22year 512kb MOS cant be that expensive.... say 10% of the OS....

so that would be $4,400 wich is £2,200 (ish).... shit... i can do that on my credit card....!!!!!
Old 03 May 2007, 15:11   #15
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

well you can get a 256kb version of 1.3 so that's even less
Old 03 May 2007, 16:49   #16
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis
Can you please explain this? You mean there is no illigal roms on the DVD or you can't use it with illigal roms?
Basicly it just installs the emulators most of which do boot to some kind of interface....for instance.....the C64 boots to its screen....The Amiga will just boot to Winuae....All you would have to do is add the games or roms to the relevent directories.....Only freely distrtibutable ones will be supplied in the Emulation Station.

I will add as many legal ones as i can. Colecovision emulator will have these listed below....all freely distributable...if you want to add more just download them and drop them in the relevent directory. GBA emulator has some pretty good homebrew games in......basicly it wont contain any illegal games but to answer your question the emulators will play them ..So if anyone can help find some all the better.

Colecovision games list
----------------------
Baseball.rom
BurgerTime.rom
Centipede.rom
CosmoFighter2.rom
Defender.rom
DonkeyKong24kB.rom
DonkeyKong.rom
DonkeyKongJr.rom
Football.rom
Frogger2.rom
Frogger.rom
Fury.rom
Galaxian.rom
JungleHunt.rom
Popeye.rom
QBert.rom
StarTrek.rom
SuperDonkeyKongJr.rom
Tapper.rom
TimePilot.rom
Zaxxon.rom
Old 03 May 2007, 18:39   #17
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Cinemawares Amiga back catalogue is available free. http://www.cinemaware.com/vault.asp?vault=games
Old 03 May 2007, 18:53   #18
coze
hastala vista winny vista

Send a message via ICQ to coze Send a message via Yahoo to coze
Hello,
AFAIK ebay takes it's share from the actual price of the item (not the shipping). Therefore they're jumpy about overpriced shippings, and I don't think they'll let you list an item with 0 buy it now and 2p shipping . They'll think you're trying to circumvent the listing cost and reduce their share ...
Old 03 May 2007, 22:03   #19
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by coze
Hello,
AFAIK ebay takes it's share from the actual price of the item (not the shipping). Therefore they're jumpy about overpriced shippings, and I don't think they'll let you list an item with 0 buy it now and 2p shipping . They'll think you're trying to circumvent the listing cost and reduce their share ...
Really i didnt know that !! Thanks for the heads up.....perhaps i can charge £2:50 postage and somehow pay something to ebay is that possible ???
Old 03 May 2007, 22:04   #20
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDNI
Cinemawares Amiga back catalogue is available free. http://www.cinemaware.com/vault.asp?vault=games
Nice one thanks il grab those