English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 27 February 2014, 08:02   #181
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
Also beside the games that work in WinUAE and not on real hardware there are games that don't work in WinUAE but work on real hardware. I think that with FIFA HD in WinUAE I wasn't able to pass the menus of the game but on real cd32 it works. Can't remebre now more examples... Final fight, joe and mac maybe...
Attach/upload tiny iso that has one or two example games with above problems, thanks.

About CPU speed, did you use latest version, difference should be much smaller now (it still is wrong but much better).
Old 27 February 2014, 08:21   #182
Cobe

Well those are problems I experienced during past few months and latest version I installed week or two ago so speed issue might be because of older version, I'll check, also I'll check for (non)working games.
Old 27 February 2014, 09:09   #183
Cobe

i chacked briefly. I couldn't find compatibility issuses with latest version. But still it runs faster. Chacked some games from earok's cd and comparing to real cd32, IK ST runs like hell , Testament is also much faster...

@earok Although I think testament 1 and 2 differ only by it's title and menu screen, I think you accdidently in both your testament folders copied testament 2
Old 27 February 2014, 09:22   #184
earok

@cobe no mistake, it was intentional. Testament 2 multitasks so I could run the joy2key util in the background to map the important keyboard functions, Testament 1 doesn't work with joy2key
Old 27 February 2014, 09:43   #185
sokolovic

I was thinking of something... Is it possible to put the CD32 version of Kid Chaos with the floppy music since there isn't any AGA floppy version ?
Old 27 February 2014, 09:48   #186
earok

So yeah with a couple of tweaks testament 2 seems to load the testament 1 data, though don't know if it breaks the ending.

Found the issues with FIFA (the adf mount tool I was using doesn't seem to work from a CD file system, but the one in boo boo's zip works much better) and mikro mortal tennis (line endings issue in start file) so they will be fixed in next release.

Also issue with mk1 confirmed (actually it crashes on me as soon as the match starts!) I'll try a couple of things to make it more stable.
Old 27 February 2014, 10:20   #187
Cobe

nice. yes I recently tried Testament 1 and I know it didn't cooperate with joy2key2. Ever wondered is there akiko rutine for it? these 3d game are nice to see they work but they are not really playable... at least as long as someone doesn't make accelerator for example for kippers2k's board
Old 27 February 2014, 11:08   #188
earok

@cobe Curiously enough the C2P routines for Testament 1 appear to work with Testament 2 - and have their source available. Presumably someone could hack in Akiko features, recompile and we'd have a marginally faster version for CD32!

The unfortunate thing with the Testament 2 engine is (as far as I know) you can't turn off floor/ceiling like you could in Testament 1, which certainly will be slowing it down.
Old 28 February 2014, 03:06   #189
saturndual32

earok, here is a list of game that should work on a CDTV (i have tried most of them on disk format):
Agony
Alien Breed
BC Kid
Bubble Bobble
Turrican 1, 2, 3
Xenon 2
Zool
Silkworm
Super Frog
Fantastic Dizzy
Gods
Adams Family
R Type
Cool Spot
Joe and Mack
Toki
Altered Beast
Alien 3
Liquid Kids
New Zeland Story
Rainbow Islands
Parasol Stars
Midnight Resistance
Micro Machines
Road Rash
Shadow of the Beast
Mr Nutz
Ghosts and Goblins
Castlevania
James Pond 2

I have looked for years for a CDTV game compilation, and nothing, so this would ba a dream come true!

Old 28 February 2014, 03:12   #190
earok

@saturndual a good number of those probably won't work, since the only way to run them on a CD would be to use WHDLoad and that adds memory overhead - Agony for instance, requires 1.5mb of RAM on WHDLoad.

It might be worth checking the existing compilation to see how many currently work.
Old 28 February 2014, 03:25   #191
saturndual32

Oh, you mean the existing compilations should work on a CDTV?

Old 28 February 2014, 03:28   #192
earok

It should boot the menu at least (I think), but I think only a few of the games will work
Old 28 February 2014, 03:31   #193
saturndual32

OK, i will try it out later tonight. Thanks!

Old 28 February 2014, 06:32   #194
saturndual32

Sorry to ask, but am i suposed to burn this with an Amiga computer?.
I have burned CDTV games before, with my PC, but i havent been successful getting my CDTV to read this compilations, perhaps they do not work on the CDTV?
I am using the alcohol 120% burning program, at the lowest speeds, i have tried the DAO/SAO and RAW/DAO options, and nothing. I have also tried burning it with and without a cue file, but same result.
Thanks in advance.

Old 28 February 2014, 13:19   #195
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturndual32 View Post
Sorry to ask, but am i suposed to burn this with an Amiga computer?.
I have burned CDTV games before, with my PC, but i havent been successful getting my CDTV to read this compilations, perhaps they do not work on the CDTV?
I am using the alcohol 120% burning program, at the lowest speeds, i have tried the DAO/SAO and RAW/DAO options, and nothing. I have also tried burning it with and without a cue file, but same result.
Thanks in advance.

i use "Imgburn". it's free and simple to use.

http://www.imgburn.com/
Old 02 March 2014, 16:12   #196
mombasajoe

Tested today ("interim release", 80 Games; stock CD32):

Work:
Bonanza Bros
Super Sprint (but it´s too slow for the CD32´s 020)
Testament
Testament 2

doesn´t work:
Xtreme Racing (hangs after reset)
Old 13 March 2014, 08:21   #197
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by mombasajoe View Post
Tested today ("interim release", 80 Games; stock CD32):

Work:
Super Sprint (but it´s too slow for the CD32´s 020)

doesn´t work:
Xtreme Racing (hangs after reset)
Cheers, I'll drop Super Sprint from the next release.

Xtreme Racing used to work for me (most of the time) but has now stopped :/ I'll see what I can do to fix it.
Old 14 March 2014, 13:44   #198
mombasajoe

Please don´t get me wrong: Supersprint works but on original (stock) hardware it´s slow...not slow motion or diashow but slow.
Old 14 March 2014, 18:28   #199
jimpa

Smile

Slamtilt works perfect for the first time on a stock cd32. I don,t know if i,m doing something wrong but i can,t quit any table if i,m playing a table and want to switch table.

Are there any chance to get ninja remix on this verry nice compilation
Old 15 March 2014, 00:29   #200
earok

@mombasajoe yes, I understand - but it doesn't "feel" suitable at that speed for the compilation, I think? That said, neither do the Testament games. Eh, maybe I should leave it in. What do you reckon?

@jimpa Welcome! And maybe, I haven't been including many CD32 native games on the compilation but I probably will in future iterations, so I'll add that to the To-Do list.

Looks like I forgot to include the command to quit table on the text box, apparently it's "Reverse+Forward+Up+Red - Esc (Quit: yes=left, no=right, restart=down)", more info is on the page for Psygore's slave at http://www.whdload.de/games/SlamTilt.html

Last edited by earok; 15 March 2014 at 00:34.