English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 03 June 2019, 12:44   #1
Revenile

A Delayed Hello

Over the years I've ended up lurking on occasion on this board through web searches, and not too long ago, I finally signed up. I've made a few posts already, but I figured I'd finally make my rambling hello post in the greetings board.

So I go by Revenile (or just Reven) in most places on the internet. As of this posting I'm 33 years of age and when I was a kid until the mid-late 90s I grew up with two systems, the Commodore 64 and the Amiga 500. I spent many days and nights in front of the keyboard on both, playing games like Forbidden Forest and Chomp! on the C64 and Leander and Agony on the Amiga.

Around the year 2004 my family had to move, and we didn't have the opportunity to move over the bin full of Amiga disks so we had to get rid of them (which is fine, quite a few of them weren't exactly from a purchased source as it were). I do not know if we still have the hardware, but it's fine because we have no room to really set it up. So instead I settled on the next best thing, the Amiga Forever emulation package.

So here I am, back in the Amiga (and c64 to a lesser extent) scene through emulation, but I'm glad to have this huge chunk of my childhood back in my life, the reason I can read (self taught to play the games), and some of my fondest moments able to be relived again, and even make some new ones as I've purchased 3 newer games for the Amiga in the last like 7 months (the Amiga groupees bundle and Power Glove Reloaded).

So I guess this is my long, rambling post just to say, "Hello English Amiga Board, feels good to be here."
Old 03 June 2019, 13:11   #2
Leffmann

Welcome! I grew up with the C64 and A500 as well, and I spent way too many late nights in front of them instead of doing other teenage things. But it was exciting and good fun, no regrets
Old 03 June 2019, 18:08   #3
DofD

Hi there and welcome to the forums!
Old 03 June 2019, 18:35   #4

Welcome
Old 03 June 2019, 20:55   #5
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Hi there and welcome!
Old 03 June 2019, 21:04   #6
amigakit.com

Hello and welcome!
Old 04 June 2019, 09:07   #7
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

Welcome. And +1 on Amiga Forever.
But I warn you, it'll only lead to you wanting to rummage for your original hardware....or buying more
Old 04 June 2019, 09:50   #8
Revenile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 005AGIMA View Post
Welcome. And +1 on Amiga Forever.
But I warn you, it'll only lead to you wanting to rummage for your original hardware....or buying more
Ha, that's already come up at least once. If not to find a way to make it work and such then to hang on my wall or something.
Old 04 June 2019, 12:31   #9
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenile View Post
Ha, that's already come up at least once. If not to find a way to make it work and such then to hang on my wall or something.
hehe well if you have or find a broken one, I think a great option would be to throw a keyrah in it, and run a USB cable out the back of the case.

Bingo, you now have a Amiga shaped keyboard for your PC, for use with Amiga Forever

https://amigakit.amiga.store/product...oducts_id=1144

EDIT: Sorry the one in the link doesn't list A500. I thought these did do A500? SOmeone can correct me / help

Last edited by 005AGIMA; 04 June 2019 at 12:33. Reason: correction
Old 01 August 2019, 16:29   #10
quack75

Welcome to the EAB forums Revenile