English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 16 September 2011, 00:43   #1
laffer
Zone Friend

JimPlaysGames... awesome Amiga related Youtube channel!

I know this Youtube channel was mentioned in the Amiga/Retro Youtube thread recently, by a user called Mogilny, that's how I originally found the channel.

However, I suspect it might be easy to miss when mixed in with so many other posts like that, and I think this channel is awesome enough to deserve its own thread

He has a few different series of videos, one of my favourites is the series of videos where he plays Amiga games (suggested by subscribers) that he's never played before, and gives his impression.
My favourite of those is the one where he tries out Turrican 2 for the first time, I believe this one was the one mentioned in the post by Mogilny though.
Anyway, it's really fun to watch!

However, the main reason I decided to make a thread about this now is that he very recently did more Turrican 2 stuff - this time he played through the whole game for the first time ever, while commenting all the way through. Was very much fun to watch, he does really good commentary and his voice is pleasant to listen to.

Here's the link to his channel, he deserves many more subscribers! The Turrican 2 playthrough videos still have very low view counts and it's been over a day by now... I think it deserves a lot more views.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JimPlaysGames
Old 16 September 2011, 03:48   #2
Djay
95th User

yeah JimPlaysGames is a great channel...

i have helped him out with Eye of the Beholder AGA and given him my Frontier save for his Frontier Fundamental videos

he has a great sense of humour and his enthusiasm comes across perfectly

he also made a video of Wiz n' Liz which i requested, although i think he found it a bit boring
Old 16 September 2011, 04:15   #3
laffer
Zone Friend

Yeah, he's very good at making let's plays, as you say - his enthusiasm comes across very well and as I previously mentioned, I think he has a pleasant and friendly sounding voice, something that definitely doesn't hurt when it comes to let's plays and such.

I also like how he so often will reply to comments, and how he's so quick at doing requested games... that will probably change once his audience (hopefully) ends up growing quite a bit larger, but even so - he seems to put in quite a bit of work to get requested games out quickly.

Finally, one more thing I love about what he does is - he will take on requested games even when they're complex and quite a bit of work to learn.
I'd never have the patience, I think it's impressive that he puts in the time required to do that.
Old 16 September 2011, 23:47   #4
Mogilny

Yeah, his channel is awesome. I don't know how many of my requests he has granted but it's a boatload! I've even watched a bunch of longplays of games I've never played myself, which is a first for me. And great work with EOTB Djay, the version you provided him with certainly increased the pleasure of watching the series.

It's nice to see when people put in alot of effort in what they are doing so I hope he gets alot of viewers. Details like fastforwarding when he arranges the inventory in EOTB makes the videos even more awesome.
Old 19 September 2011, 17:42   #5
JimPlaysGames

Thanks for your kind words guys. Glad you like my videos. Looks like a great community you've got here so I was happy to join it after Laffer invited me.

I'll probably be putting up a post about my channel soon. I hope that's not too presumptuous of me. I'm also working on a bit of a trailer for one of my retro series.

Oh and more EOTB coming soon. Much more.
Old 19 September 2011, 18:49   #6
Djay
95th User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPlaysGames View Post
Thanks for your kind words guys. Glad you like my videos. Looks like a great community you've got here so I was happy to join it after Laffer invited me.

I'll probably be putting up a post about my channel soon. I hope that's not too presumptuous of me. I'm also working on a bit of a trailer for one of my retro series.

Oh and more EOTB coming soon. Much more.
Glad you too see you have joined EAB