English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Jambo!

Old 13 February 2002, 16:30   #1
Jambo
Yarr!

Location: n. A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Database Needs Cleaning

and updating etc..

Could any web-master please send me a games list + url of there site and ill clean and update the database!

And has Amiga Sector One become Back to the Roots now?
Old 13 February 2002, 20:13   #2
RCK
Administrator

Re: Database Needs Cleaning

Quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
And has Amiga Sector One become Back to the Roots now?
Yes, all ASO's games are (will be) merge with BTTR archive.
Old 14 February 2002, 12:34   #3
Maverick357

Hi Jambo,

This time a go through the forum (because a see that you have started a new thread after my report :-) ).

Please delete every link about the "Amiga dream zone website" because you can download nothing.
You need a password to download (i have reported this before on this forum at 'password needed' i think), and i have asked for one but never get a reply from the webmaster of Amiga dream zone website.

If you must pay for getting something (this is like paying someting (a new game ! not money) for have the right to download something it is useless.

Amiga dream zone website is more a private 'give me that game' website than a public free helpfull website.

I download not a lot of files (because i have a lot of Amiga games and i am at sorting it, this is why i am not much here today, sorting/testing games is a lot of time consuming), i download just missing games or disk broken that need replacement.

This is why i like your database, but today this is more difficult to find usefull link in your database.

I report this error in your database too:

Explora: not in bttr! because the game is not here !

Today and some day ago, most of the time
Pe2000.net is unable to acces to roms file because i get 'reset from peer' or ' time to connect error or something like this', most of the time the website is VERY SLOWWWWW like 5 minuts from pages to pages !!!

I hope this infos will be help you
Old 14 February 2002, 16:06   #4
Chuckles
The Ancient One

Dream Zone

I'm not sure that deleting references to the Dream Zone would be appropriate. I've heard that maincore seems to be incommunicado, but last time I visited the site (which has been a while, I admit) it was working fine, and my password was still valid. I guess I should try it again simply to confirm whether or not it is still working at all. I'll post again later to let folks know the results. Yes, you do need a password for the site, but it is free IF you can get in touch with maincore. As for deleting the references, so long as the site continues to work for those who do have passwords, it is handy to have the site reflected in Jambo's listings. For those who have no access, they can simply ignore any links to that site. Just my opinion.
Old 14 February 2002, 16:53   #5
Jambo
Yarr!

Location: n. A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Thanks for the feedback!

Should I do the same thing for the dreamzone as i do for PE2000? If you do a search atm you may see two sets of results, one from the normal db and one with a warning that it may be slow (for pe2000). Should I split the DreamZones results up so you see a "Found these in the DreamZone (Requires Password)"?

Thanks!
Old 14 February 2002, 17:50   #6
RCK
Administrator

yep it's a good idea.
moreover, a lot of us here have access to the dreamzone, so no prob for people who need some of games from there.
Old 14 February 2002, 18:01   #7
Maverick357

Yes, Jambo, indicate if somes links need a password (or anything to be know is a good idea ).

I don't want kill somebody work, but only try to gain time when a link is not usable for common user.

Like i say it before i don't want/need everything at 100 % of what games developped on Amiga, just the most important for historical purpose (like Dizzy games that i have on Amiga AND Spectrum) or games that i had buy or played in the past.

Today, i think that i have a good collection, and if somebody need something, just ask, and i will see if i can help
Old 15 February 2002, 01:34   #8
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I agree that usage of Dreamzone can be cumbersome (even for those of us with passwords) and it must be very frustrating for a new user to find links pointing there from Jambo and having to email maincore (and get no reply). I think the (password required) flag is a healthy compromise.

And as RCK pointed out, if anyone here at EAB uses Jambo and finds something only available at Dreamzone (or a slow/not-working TOSEC site like emuchina or pe2000), just post a request here and one of us will be happy to post the game to the Zone. It might be a good idea to mention that you've tried those other resources, though...just in case you get flamed by someone having their menstrual cycle that day...
Old 15 February 2002, 02:32   #9
jmmijo

I guess anyone can suffer from PMS huh

I would put up links with notes if need be as well, just like the ones being discussed for PE2000 and Emuchina.