English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 28 November 2018, 22:08   #1
Leandro Jardim

Triangle tearing on 64 bits binary

Hi Toni,

With the 64 bits WinUAE binary only (all releases and betas) and with the new beamraced vsync enabled I get a screen image with triangle tearing visible on all games and on the kickstart screen. I am using Quickstart A500/A1200 configurations and I tried changing to 1-4 slices but no luck. Curiously when I change the WinUAE binary file name to anything other than WinUAE64.exe it work as intended!

With the 32/64 bits binaries and with the same configurations, I get standard screen tearing at the top of the screen. Normally the WinUAE CPU meter is at 60-70% (average) when this happens. When I press END+F9, I see that all slices are reasonably solid, including the first, the black one.

Another problem I am experiencing is that (I said this in other thread), with the same binaries and with vsync disabled, I get a much worse screen tearing that moves up and down when the screen is scrolling vertically and that remains static when the screen stops scrolling at vertical.

I never realized these problems before because when I used version 3.6.1, I always turned on the low latency vsync, and this always worked (but you already said you cannot implement it again.). That's Ok.

Do you have any idea what might be going wrong? Is there any fix for this problem you might be able to do?

Attached are my logs for the problem I am having with beamreaced vsync.

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 14 April 2019 at 23:15.
Old 29 November 2018, 17:42   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

As I already said in some other thread recently, beamraced vsync is a hack and there is no guarantee it does not change between driver or Windows updates. It simply assumes specific side-effect.

Does D3D9 mode have same problems?
Old 29 November 2018, 18:49   #3
Leandro Jardim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
As I already said in some other thread recently, beamraced vsync is a hack and there is no guarantee it does not change between driver or Windows updates. It simply assumes specific side-effect.

Does D3D9 mode have same problems?
Yes. I simply will not install DX9 again, because it only makes things worse. Why, any thoughts about this?

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 30 November 2018 at 10:36.