English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 11 November 2002, 16:37   #1
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Evil grin Super Skidmarks & Jurassic Park AGA

What the hell is the deal with Super Skidmarks. I have the 8 disk cracked version but it's total shite. It would do nothing but crash constantly on WinUAE no matter what config I used. It was next to impossible to actually play a game. So I went through the massive hassle of transfering all 8 disks to floppy using adf2disk and tried it out on my real Amiga 1200. Lo and behold it's still shite. The problems aren't WinUAE related I find, they're due to a very crap cracked version. I got the Ultimate Super Skidmarks CD so I'll see if that's any better. Does anyone know of a version of this game that actually works and doesn't guru everytime you seem to select an option.

As for Jurassic Park AGA can anyone confirm if it's on 5 disks or 6 disks. I used to have the cracked (extremely buggy) version years ago and it was on 5 disks. When I downloaded it from Ninjas AGA World it was on 6 disks. Huh!?! I think he got it wrong because the 6th disk is never used. I also bought the original of Jurassic Park a few years ago because the crack was practically unplayable. I found out these facts:

1) It only comes on 4 disks unlike the crack.
2) It works without crashing on a lot of levels (like the crack)
3) In the 3D sections the raptors are much easier to kill in the original. In the crack they are twice as hard to kill and take much more hits before they die making it almost impossible to finish a level.

Anywho...
Old 11 November 2002, 17:52   #2
-SolidSnake-

Never found an edition of jurassic park aga on the net wich have worked
Do have the orginal ecs edition and a have to agree that the cracked edition is shait... could it be that the six't or the fifth't disk is the crack itself...

In Turrican 3 there are on disk as far as i remember but the cracked edition is on two (i think)

Old 11 November 2002, 20:42   #3
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Originally posted by -SolidSnake-
Never found an edition of jurassic park aga on the net wich have worked
Hmm, many months ago I used one of the TOSEC versions (Fairlight or Paradox crack) for creating a WHDload installed version ... it worked real fine from a HDF (Hard Disk Image).
If you want to try it, I can look for it again.
Old 11 November 2002, 21:34   #4
Drake1009

Didn't think you could make a WHD with the cracked version in tosec.
Old 16 November 2002, 13:15   #5
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by andreas
Hmm, many months ago I used one of the TOSEC versions (Fairlight or Paradox crack) for creating a WHDload installed version ... it worked real fine from a HDF (Hard Disk Image).
If you want to try it, I can look for it again.

Thanks Andreas but I've already got that WHDLoad version and it does work great. If a little slow on my system. I kept having a problem with running it from a HDF though so once I installed it on a hard drive partition it worked fine. So no one knows why Super Skidmarks is so bad. Shame.
Old 17 November 2002, 17:00   #6
Drake1009

Problem is the non-WHD users. I'd darn well like to get my hands on a working disk version. Only problem is that even on my A1200 it crashes when I try loading one of the consoles.
Old 17 November 2002, 17:38   #7
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Maybe the problem is with Super Skidmarks itself? I rember the first Skidmarks had some problems like that, crashing all the time, and it happened even with the ORIGINAL version.

I never played Super Skidmarks, unfortunately . Skidmarks is a great game, it would be better if it didn't crash that much.

I didn't know Jurassic Park had an ECS version.. was it ever cracked? I never saw it around here.(I always wanted to have this game, but never could, as there was only an AGA version here in Brazil)
Old 17 November 2002, 19:09   #8
Drake1009

There is an OCS/ECS version around in TOSEC. Not hard to find. But the AGA version in TOSEC doesn't really seem to work from disks.
Old 17 November 2002, 19:52   #9
-SolidSnake-

Quote:
I didn't know Jurassic Park had an ECS version.. was it ever cracked? I never saw it around here.(I always wanted to have this game, but never could, as there was only an AGA version here in Brazil)
Hmm..... it isn't any reason to crack it as there is no copy protection on it...

Anyhu; the aga edition iv'e had did work... until you came to the fps levels... then it just crashes... think iv'e tried 2-3 versions of the game... none worked.

Old 17 November 2002, 21:36   #10
Drake1009

Hmm maybe you could combine 2 of the sets. The one I had worked up until you tried using a console. That would require disk access to disk 5. If the disk 5 of the versions you've had worked it might be combined to make an, even though messed up, working version.
Old 17 November 2002, 22:07   #11
-SolidSnake-

Hmm.... maybe it will work...

Anyway: have completed the ecs version countless times and the aga version isn't that much different...
Couldn't see much diffrense between those two, but it's some time since iv'e tried the aga version... so i could be wrong i guess.

I'm happy anyway with my ecs version wich i bought some time ago... nice box too

Old 17 November 2002, 22:26   #12
Drake1009

And here I thought I was missing out bigtime because I could only run the ECS version.
Old 19 November 2002, 04:17   #13
harrison

The only differences between the ecs and aga versions of skidmarks are the cars. In the AGA version they use more colours and are higher resolution models. Apart from that nothing different.

BTW the 6th disk in Super Skid Marks is the AGA cars disk. The normal one that's used is the ecs cars disk. You have to set some option in the menu to use the aga cars disk.

And Super Skidmarks contained many more cars and tracks than the original version.

As for cracked versions, I have not yet got a cracked copy of either version to work on a real Amiga or WinUAE. Luckily I have original copies of both versions, although I haven't tried converting them to ADF's yet. Will have to give it a go.

Old 22 November 2002, 11:37   #14
Mr.E

OK, think I can clear up a few of the loose ends surrounding Jurassic Park.

The originals were on 4 mfm disks and all the data was highly compressed, hence 5 amigados disks for the cracked versions.

There is a hell of a lot of protection in the game and I'd be very surprised if anybody cracked it 100%.. The passwords are linked to the protection as well. Thats why a lot of them don't work.If I remember correctly it gives out random passwords on cracked versions. Also the raptors being harder to kill is due to a bad crack.. The game screws up subtly in many ways if it detects its a cracked version... And being a cracker myself I knew plenty of tricks for implimenting the protection

We also produced a CD32 version which was never released. This used amigados for loading and is o/s friendly and has no protection. Think I still have this on backup somewhere.. Might look it out one of these days...

Cheers

Mr.E/Crystal

Old 22 November 2002, 11:51   #15
kriz

yeah man !!! See if you can find it ! CD32 games is always welcome

thanks.
Old 22 November 2002, 15:28   #16
-SolidSnake-

wow gimme an cd32 version of jp... /me want badly

Old 29 April 2012, 16:49   #17
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Is there anyway to contact Mr E and nudge him about the CD32 version?
Old 11 June 2017, 11:02   #18
zeropolis79

Did anything ever come about this?
Old 11 June 2017, 11:21   #19
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropolis79 View Post
Did anything ever come about this?
The CD32 version is confirmed as permanently lost