English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 17 January 2010, 02:04   #1
Escordian

Smile Escordian cometh!

Hi my name is Daniel.

I'm a video-game collector from Sweden, a poor one I might add (but I might get a job soon so let's hope for that).

So what am I doing here?

I've always had a love for Amiga as well, I have about 5, 500's (some pluses) that I got both in lots and from friends who lost their heart for amiga along with some software to go with it, I also have an CD32 with an SX-1 (WB3.1 now installed) and I've been getting more interested in doing some more serious stuff with Amiga.

This forum has been a great source of information in getting it all up and running and I find out more stuff every day and that's why I felt like joining this forum.

Let's hope my interest will last and I wish to have a fun time learning new stuff from you people and I might even be of help to some people in the future.

Have a nice day.

/Daniel
Old 17 January 2010, 03:05   #2
kriz

Welcome, this board is really great
Old 17 January 2010, 03:10   #3
Cammy

Hi Daniel, welcome to the forum. You have a CD32 with an SX-1? Nice! I hope you have a full 8MB Fast RAM for it. I also own a CD32, but with an SX32 which does about the same thing, but it fits inside the CD32. It's a great system for Workbench, and perfect for developing games on. It also runs DOOM better than an A1200 with FastRAM.

If you haven't already got it, check out NeonLight's Workbench CD, which should have plenty of useful software on it that you can install on your SX-1's hard drive. http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=613893&postcount=59

Do you have a hard drive in it or a Compact Flash card? CF cards are fast and don't draw extra power like a hard drive does, so many of us use them in our Amigas and CD32s now to save the original PSU from overloading.

Have you tried your CD32 with an LCD TV through S-Video? I use mine with one and the image is perfect, I run Workbench in High Res Interlace and there's no flicker.

I hope you have fun with your Amigas and get involved with some of the community projects that are going on, there's plenty of stuff to do with these classic machines.
Old 17 January 2010, 15:00   #4
Peilton
Noobish Newbie

Hi Daniel and I got a CD32 with a SX-1 too Welcome here!
Old 17 January 2010, 18:51   #5
Escordian

kriz: It really seems that way.

Cammy:

SX-32: yeah, I've been thinking of getting an SX-32 myself some day, but I'm going to wait before I do an active search for one. Isn't the 32 more expandible than the SX-1? What's your specs on it if you don't mind me asking?

RAM: I only have 4mb at the moment, but when I find an 8mb-mem I will install it, it will probably not be long before I do

Doom: I'll have to download Doom and try it out, seems strange to play doom on an Amiga but hey, if it can do it, why not

NeonLight's Workbench CD: I actually downloaded it before I did anything else on the Amiga, I needed some software from it to get things running easily, I could probably have done it in some other way, but why do extra work when you don't have to.

HDD: I actually have Hard Drive, that's mainly because I already had a couple of 2,5's lying around not being used so I figured why not use it in the SX-1?
I only have a 1gb being used at the moment though, I will update to 20gb in a couple of days when I get to borrow my friend's HD-USB-connector, I will install classicWB when I get that.

LCD: I don't have an LCD-TV at the moment, but I'm using my 100hz TV which displays a good enough picture (not with Hi-res obv ). But thanks for the tip though, I will probably utilize it when I feel like buying one of them modern televisions.

Peilton: Thanks for the welcome man, Yeah, the SX-1 was like a blessing when I got it, even if it took me long enough to really utilize it.

Sorry for breaking down my reply into sections but it's easier to answer questions that way, even if it seems more impersonal.
Old 17 January 2010, 19:07   #6
DH
Global Moderator

Welcome aboard Escordian

You've definitely come to the right place
Old 17 January 2010, 20:45   #7
amiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser View Post

You've definitely come to the right place

I second that. EAB is really the best Amiga community.

Oh, BTW, welcome aboard Escordian !
Old 17 January 2010, 23:13   #8
prowler
Global Moderator

Hi Daniel, and welcome to EAB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escordian View Post
Let's hope my interest will last...
It will (now that you've taken the plunge and joined us).

BTW, don't worry about breaking your reply above up into sections. That's actually the proper way to do it!
Old 19 January 2010, 16:25   #9
Escordian

DemonHellraiser, amiga and prowler: Thanks for the welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
BTW, don't worry about breaking your reply above up into sections. That's actually the proper way to do it!
That's good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME
Isn't the 32 more expandible than the SX-1?
I'm sorry, I was thinking of the Pro-models.