English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 18 December 2007, 19:03   #221
Graham Humphrey

Which will be ready in... two more weeks?

Old 18 December 2007, 19:19   #222
CU_AMiGA
Banned

heres a question: why would this thing require a certain mac confirguration/model to run in the 1st place. surely a file should run on all macs?

my take on this: its a haox. 1) look at the way this guy has been stringing everyone along. no visual evidence/screenshots. half assed answers to question on how to set this up and get it running. no detailed readme or guide to run this thing with either. 2) strange behavior/style. one minute this guy seems to (excuse if i affend) put on a type of european language where he struggles to type english and the next post he is using english slang (as if he knows it like the back of his hand) for example his response to the ip thing. 3) lack of communication and enthusiasm on the whole project, but being too dramatic on the issues of less concern (wtf was that email threat about? who would care if the account is roughly anon. anyway)
Old 18 December 2007, 19:27   #223
AmigaMac

vid going to youtube for all world to see! Threats will no stoop me

Old 18 December 2007, 19:29   #224
mrodfr

hello,

I understand you are all curious to see aos4 on macmini running but actually is not a product selling and ItS a pirated work in progress work from acube developper (I think) or just a hoax.

stop givin publicity with this stealing work and wait in the futur (I hope) an official product or demonstration.
Old 18 December 2007, 19:34   #225
viddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Which will be ready in... two more weeks?

Graham, donĀ“t be THAT saucy.
He could change his mind about the you-tube video.
Old 18 December 2007, 19:36   #226
kriz

Video ? Who wants it ? Just write a readme and its ok..

This is so lame man.
Old 18 December 2007, 19:51   #227
wegster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU_AMiGA View Post
heres a question: why would this thing require a certain mac confirguration/model to run in the 1st place. surely a file should run on all macs?
Mac hardware has changed over time even within the same model, so 'run on all macs' is pretty much not going to happen.

No idea if what was made public is a hoax, or is complete, or not..I think Severin said it wasn't, but basically what's needed for a new platform is a boot loader than understands the target hardware and firmware/BIOS, and drivers and initialization code for the motherboard devices. This is different between for example, a PowerBook and a PPC or Intel Mac Mini.

So, at least in theory, a version of OS4 could likely be made to boot elsewhere, assuming someone understood the HAL.

ACube's confirmed in court docs, IIRC, that 'Moana' does indeed exist, and was a port to PPC Mac Mini. Were the product finished, I'd expect it to run on all generations/versions of the PPC Mini, but AFAIK, it was put on hold after lack of interest/license forthcoming from AInc., in which case, it's very unlikely there will be any 'full package' coming from ACube in the future, either (unless some miracle happens and the court case is over, Hyperion somehow gets all rights etc etc..), so Moana is essentially, unfortunately, a dead project.

But still, one that does hold interest to a fair number of people, who simply want to run OS4.

Old 18 December 2007, 19:59   #228
Paul_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaMac View Post
vid going to youtube for all world to see! Threats will no stoop me
We know what'll happen, you'll have a Macmini on show and secretly hiding behind it will be an A1200 with a P-p-p-ickup a penguin (that's a chocolate biscuit bar if you've never had one - they are very tasty too! ) card running AOS4.

You'll then announce that you are Steve Job's love child and this is a ploy for us all to buy Macs
Old 18 December 2007, 20:04   #229
Marcuz

I would like to play chess sometimes, i used to do it when i was a kid and some years ago in a pub here in town; it was strangely very popoular. maybe i should ask for a chessboard the next time i'll go there with some friends.
Old 18 December 2007, 20:16   #230
motorollin

If the video shows the Mac booting OS4 from Open Firmware it will be more convincing. Also show the video cable going from the monitor to the Mac to prove it's the Mac Mini on the display not an Amiga.
Old 18 December 2007, 20:22   #231
kriz

You think so ? Why doesnt he just write a readme file of what to do then ?
Old 18 December 2007, 20:24   #232
P-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorollin View Post
why are *you* still here?
Because he's been here a lot longer than you, from a time when this board was about retrogaming and not fucktards jizzing all over a vapourware OS made by equally fucktardial people. Go to one of the zealot boards where this shit flies.
Old 18 December 2007, 20:32   #233
CU_AMiGA
Banned

i know a better "gift" than aos 4 for mac. how about dopewars for amiga!
Old 18 December 2007, 20:33   #234
motorollin

@kriz
Well apparently it only works on certain models, so at least a video would prove it works (if it does) to those who can't use it themselves.
Old 18 December 2007, 20:35   #235
motorollin

@P-J
My comment referred to him being here in this thread which apparently holds no interest to him, despite him repeatedly returning. This has nothing to do with how long he has been here.
Old 18 December 2007, 20:37   #236
gmostar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU_AMiGA View Post
i know a better "gift" than aos 4 for mac. how about dopewars for amiga!
Here:

http://www.amidev.50megs.com/dopewars.html
http://aminet.net/search?query=dopewars

Last edited by gmostar; 18 December 2007 at 20:39. Reason: update with more links
Old 18 December 2007, 20:37   #237
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J View Post
Because he's been here a lot longer than you, from a time when this board was about retrogaming and not fucktards jizzing all over a vapourware OS made by equally fucktardial people. Go to one of the zealot boards where this shit flies.
Thanks for your support P-J, even if i still think Mick_AKA found better words. Check several AOS4 forums and you see this naive/smartass/each other flaming "Amiga fans" with a distorted reality everywhere.
Old 18 December 2007, 20:39   #238
motorollin

Wow, you guys are really obnoxious.
Old 18 December 2007, 20:41   #239
kriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorollin View Post
@kriz
Well apparently it only works on certain models, so at least a video would prove it works (if it does) to those who can't use it themselves.
Well why doesnt he just state what model to use it with ? Dont need a video for that.
Old 18 December 2007, 20:43   #240
motorollin

@kriz
Hum true. Maybe he doesn't know which models it works with. Just trying to keep an open mind