English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 03 December 2011, 01:23   #181
Slayer
Amiga Member

Like I said on the other board DDNI

Don't lose heart

@Oscar Castillo

There's lot of tools and programs and support forums and available documentation

I'm going to start programming on my X1000 very shortly myself... I did try a few years ago but ran into chapter 3 of the C book and got stuck LOL so I put it down and never picked it up again (it assumed I knew a math that I didn't, my son programs now so when I hit it this time I'll invite him over for dinner LOL)
Old 03 December 2011, 01:27   #182
Oscar Castillo

Send a message via AIM to Oscar Castillo
@Slayer

Can you send over some links? I'd like to look at the OS4 classes and some examples.
Is is a complete rewrite from the classic or a mix of old and new?

Thanks
Old 03 December 2011, 01:46   #183
Slayer
Amiga Member

In all honesty if you're completely serious I suggest you come to this site

http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz/

and you will be bombarded with information from all the coders and the actual developers, I'm not really up with all the bits and pieces...

Or

try this one http://www.os4coding.net/

Last edited by prowler; 03 December 2011 at 21:50. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use the Edit button.
Old 31 December 2011, 17:24   #184
Paul_s

Well, after learning that CUSA's offering of a 'new' Amiga will be approx $25,000 fully loaded (I kid you not) the X1000 seems a much cheaper offering!

Amigakit - https://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/x1000/order.php (is that official? i.e. can folk 'pre-order' already )
Old 31 December 2011, 18:01   #185
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
Well, after learning that CUSA's offering of a 'new' Amiga will be approx $25,000 fully loaded (I kid you not) the X1000 seems a much cheaper offering!

Amigakit - https://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/x1000/order.php (is that official? i.e. can folk 'pre-order' already )
Its sold out, so not more preorders can be taken at the moment.
Old 31 December 2011, 23:07   #186
diablothe2nd

Not touching the thing. It's not an Amiga for starters! It's not even a decent MAC!

I'm more desperate to know what the score with NatAMI is... now thats an amiga! divx vids etc and on a "68k" chip without PPC, bring it on!!!!!!

What is the story with NatAMI anyway? their forums are dead and they've gone terribly silent. Anyone in the devloper hardware group? I'd love to hear news of how they're getting on.
Old 04 January 2012, 04:17   #187
AmigaDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Its sold out, so not more preorders can be taken at the moment.
How do all the "nay sayers" feel now that over 100 beta test boards sold easily and the first production run sold out in hours by a margin of 2:1?

Obviously there is much more interest in this computer than many people here originally thought.

I can't wait for mine to arrive, but then everyone knows that I have been a bit "Mental" when it comes to all things Amiga.

Seriously, for anyone who is still interested in running OS4.x, it is going to be an excellent computer (and yes, it is more expensive than commodity Windows PC's). This will be my first OS4.x computer and after seeing it running at the last two AmiWest shows, I am satisfied that it will be an enjoyable experience. I also like MorphOS3.x and will continue using it as well, while I improve my programming skills and hope to start producing software for both systems (and probably AROS & 68k AmigaOS too).
Old 04 January 2012, 05:52   #188
NovaCoder

I'm one of the 'nay sayers' and I say good luck to them.

Anyone know how many units were in that first production run?

Although it's great to see a strong initial demand, I can't imagine that the market is very large for such an expensive OS4 machine.

I'm more interested to see where they go from here and what kind of support they can give the X1000 going forward (eg dual-core, XMOS).
Old 25 February 2012, 04:20   #189
klx300r

to answer the OP's question: YES and I just recently completed a little case mod for my master miggy

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 25 February 2012, 05:37   #190
Siggy999

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaDave View Post
How do all the "nay sayers" feel now that over 100 beta test boards sold easily and the first production run sold out in hours by a margin of 2:1?
I feel the same way. It's still way too expensive for me.

I'd imagine the first 100 boards would sell easily - I'd have to assume there are more than 100 people in a worldwide fan base with the right amount of pocketmoney.. if there wasn't there'd be no point in even making a beta board.

I'd be hoping that there would be at least several thousand out there. I'm also hoping that there is enough interest so that they turn a profit on the ones they produce. This being said, putting a margin up against an unknown figure makes for a bit of a toothless point. What is it double of? 100,1000,10,000?

I might have not so quickly shelved it in the 'nope - not for me' bin if OS4 ended up being 'the dogs bollocks' - and there's no way for me to know that - It's not the 80s-90s anymore, I can't go and see it running anywhere.. a couple of grand for a looksee - nah.. that ain't gonna happen.

Either way I wish Amikit all the luck with their new offering, I only wish the folks developing OS4 gave you some better options to do it with.

Cheers.
Old 25 February 2012, 13:14   #191
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
to answer the OP's question: YES and I just recently completed a little case mod for my master miggy

[ Show youtube player ]
Gah, what have you done to my baby, .
I have to admit it looks ok on the white case. However that would'nt look right on the black case.
Old 26 February 2012, 21:48   #192
Pyromania

We like the X-1000 but are waiting for the Quantum Computer CPU co-processor card.
Old 09 May 2012, 10:51   #193
Brass
Zone Friend

X1000

I am looking at purchasing an X1000 but since I have been trying to talk to A-Eon about it no response, nothing from Amigakit either.
Old 09 May 2012, 11:03   #194
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaDave View Post
If the people who bought those machines are happy with them, good for them
Old 09 May 2012, 12:52   #195
magnetic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
If the people who bought those machines are happy with them, good for them

Well like AmigaDave said its the best machine to run OS4 on. Period. So for many its worth it. Look at all these guys with PC gaming rigs that cost them thousands to play lame games like WOW and FPS bs . I think thats more crazy than a cool exotic computer like X1000.
Old 09 May 2012, 14:14   #196
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass View Post
I am looking at purchasing an X1000 but since I have been trying to talk to A-Eon about it no response, nothing from Amigakit either.
A-Eon are moving web sites. AmigaKit are swamped with Indivision Mk II orders. Give them a little while and they will reply. Alternatively, you could try and contact Trevor Dickinson (A-Eon founder) through AmigaWorld.com his user name is TrevorDick.
Old 09 May 2012, 14:26   #197
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic View Post
Well like AmigaDave said its the best machine to run OS4 on. Period. So for many its worth it. Look at all these guys with PC gaming rigs that cost them thousands to play lame games like WOW and FPS bs . I think thats more crazy than a cool exotic computer like X1000.
Sorry that I picked your post, but in general my question is what people expect from the X1000? It runs a very niche OS for which most applications yet have to be ported/written. I assume it's for it being an 'Amiga', but tbh I fail to see what's Amiga about it... just my 2 cent.
Old 09 May 2012, 16:24   #198
Brass
Zone Friend

Thumbs up Amigaone X1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDNI View Post
A-Eon are moving web sites. AmigaKit are swamped with Indivision Mk II orders. Give them a little while and they will reply. Alternatively, you could try and contact Trevor Dickinson (A-Eon founder) through AmigaWorld.com his user name is TrevorDick.
Thanks for that, I did eventualy get a response which mentioned the Pre-order page further up in the posts - so I used it.

I left a message for Trevor here which was read but not responded to, I can't help but think It might be the same person now who posted the false message about one of the Amiga Business's folding

Ill try and get hold of Trevor on AmigaWorld, we both live in New Zealand and although I am a bit of a night owl hopefuly he'll keep the same sort of general hours I do.

Got to give it to the Trevor the man has kept the faith - and has some cahonaes for getting into this project, I personaly support him and hope others would too just on the basis its his money and reputation at stake trying to provide us Amigans with a resonably up to date forward path.
Old 09 May 2012, 18:57   #199
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic View Post
That's why I said that it's good for the people who bought it
Old 16 July 2012, 21:51   #200
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Can't keep it in any longer!!!

I bought an X1000 !!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY