English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 05 September 2009, 13:05   #1
haymigga

Cordless keyboards through Lyra II Amiga A1200?

Hey guys!

Do anyone of you know of wireless keyboards that work with the LYRA II for A1200?

I have searched a lot, and I have found these keyboards that supports PS/2 and thus should work on the A1200 Lyra II.

It is the;
Logitech S 510
Logitech EX 110
Logitech Cordless Desktop LX 300
Logitech Cordless Elite Duo
Logitech Keyboard Cordless Desktop iTouch
Logitech Cordless Desktop LX 500

But I would much more prefer a smaller size keyboard, but sadly I can't find any that says they work with PS/2, they seem only to be USB based.

I know of the USB/ps/2 converter, but I doubt they will work with non-wired keyboards

Any input is appreciated!

Update: I have now tested the Logitech S510, and it works super! I have the model with USB and PS/2 for mouse, and it works using a regular PS2/USB adaptor for the kyboard, and the mouse into my Puncihillo III.

Last edited by haymigga; 27 October 2009 at 22:29. Reason: added keyboard
Old 05 September 2009, 13:49   #2
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Hi and Welcome to EAB Im sure someone will be able to help you
You have a towered A1200? Im curious to know if this adapter could work/fit with a standard wedge A1200 non towered.
Old 05 September 2009, 15:57   #3
haymigga

I am currently waiting for my new A1200 system to arrive from Amigakit, they have custom-installed a Indivision, Subway and the Lyra II for me!

I look forward to seeing it, after some options, I decided with Amigakit and their technical service to go with the option of removing the RF modulator to make space for the PS/2 connector from the Lyra.

The Subway will have 1-USB port on the right side of the Amiga, and they even fulfilled another request for me too, and made a custom plate for the Indivision in the back-door plate with 2 VGA (1 for Indivsion, 1 for Bvision cable)

Really top service from Amigakit! I will post some pictures at some point when my package arrive

My plan is to have the desktop hooked up on a permanent basis, but a little bit tugged away underneath my 40' television. This way, having a small mini-keyboard that's coordless would be superb!
Old 05 September 2009, 16:34   #4
thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by haymigga View Post
Logitech EX 110
Be careful. The EX 110 does not have a right Windows key which is used as right Amiga key by the Lyra. It also does not have a Scroll key, so it cannot be used with most KVM switches.
Old 05 September 2009, 18:32   #5
haymigga

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the warning. But it seems you can swap "ALT" with "AMIGA". The amiga button is not critical for me to work, but if I can swap them with "ALT", then no worries, or maybe there is a software changer. I think I once swapped left-amiga with right-amiga.

Quote:
3: Swap ALT and Amiga
This setting swaps the Amiga and ALT keys. Lyra 2 assumes by default that you want the ALT keys mapped to the ALT keys on the Amiga side, and that you want the Windows-keys to be mapped to the Amiga-keys. Although this sounds most logical, it doesn't get close enough to the original Amiga keyboard layout, because most PC keyboards have the ALT keys right next to spacebar, whereas the Amiga has the Amiga keys directly next to spacebar. By pressing F3, the ALT and Amiga key are swapped.
Do you know of any other wireless keyboards, I take it you have tried the EX 210?
Old 06 September 2009, 21:05   #6
thomas

I've got an EX 110 here, but I didn't try it with a Lyra. I only have a Lyra 1 anyway, no Lyra 2. I'm using a Logitech Cordless Desktop (Keyboard + Mouse) with the Lyra. It has both USB and PS/2 connectors. It is connected through PS/2 to a KVM switch and the switch is connected to the Lyra.

I had many more problems getting a PS/2 mouse adapter working behind a KVM switch than a keyboard. Every keyboard I ever tried worked at once with the Lyra.