English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 31 January 2020, 10:41   #101
timeslip1974

Hi everyone, heres the link to the demo (until its properly put up on itch)
http://binaryzone.org/psytronik/Rota...0_Download.zip
Old 31 January 2020, 10:56   #102
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Great, thank you Shaun!
Old 31 January 2020, 11:27   #103
timeslip1974

and now its like on itch too https://psytronik.itch.io/rotator?fb...qTSNgT6HCm2cRk
Old 31 January 2020, 14:20   #104
zzbylu
Saberman

small gameplay
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 01 February 2020, 11:39   #105
Alpha One

Just bought it, very nice game, thanks for the effort !!
Old 01 February 2020, 13:09   #106
BarryB
Amigaholic

Thanks for the DEMO, but why is it still using the 5D Licencenware workbench icon though?

Noticed a few corrected typos except on screen 6, line 2 still says cant not can't
Old 01 February 2020, 17:11   #107
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

I got the full version for download today
Old 01 February 2020, 21:22   #108
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

... and then added the game to Lemon

http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=4420

(and also Matchic)
Old 01 February 2020, 23:34   #109
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
I got the full version for download today
Me too, the workbench icon has been changed from the DEMO, it's not showing 5D Licenceware now
Old 03 February 2020, 16:47   #110
Gordon
Settler

Has anyone got the box yet? If so/when one does can some please let me know how it compares to standard Amiga boxes? Pics if possible. I got worthy and it’s too big for my shelf so don’t want same problem.

Thanks
Old 03 February 2020, 17:17   #111
DamienD
Global Moderator

Fair and decent price for the digital download; even added another $2 for the developer

Purchased

Last edited by DamienD; 03 February 2020 at 17:25.
Old 03 February 2020, 17:57   #112
Bren McGuire

Bought this game, I really love a lot of it, and that it was made in AMOS, it's really impressive. Thank you for making it!

I have to say though there's two things that really annoy me
- the lack of in game music.
- the controls. It makes it feel that the game is difficult because of the controls rather than by choice via level design.

I like designed difficulty, but this seems like it isn't the case. Controls feel often just random, and level completion is not satisfactory, rather a result of good luck.

In all I would love for this to be fixed/changed, and if not, am really looking forward to your next game!
Old 03 February 2020, 18:34   #113
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Has anyone got the box yet? If so/when one does can some please let me know how it compares to standard Amiga boxes? Pics if possible. I got worthy and it’s too big for my shelf so don’t want same problem.

Thanks
I believe the carboard (collectors) is the same size as Starquake, that is a mid-box. The plastic one is probably even smaller, I will confirm after they delivered it to me.
Old 03 February 2020, 18:53   #114
timeslip1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren McGuire View Post
Bought this game, I really love a lot of it, and that it was made in AMOS, it's really impressive. Thank you for making it!

- the controls. It makes it feel that the game is difficult because of the controls rather than by choice via level design.

I like designed difficulty, but this seems like it isn't the case. Controls feel often just random, and level completion is not satisfactory, rather a result of good luck.

In all I would love for this to be fixed/changed, and if not, am really looking forward to your next game!

This i totally disagree with, the controls do take time to learn but once you have you have precise control over your ship. Watching any of the demo levels that play if you dont start the game so how proper use of the controls gives you precise controls of your ship
Old 03 February 2020, 19:06   #115
timg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren McGuire View Post

Perhaps you could try changing the sensitivity? That changes how quickly the rotation speed changes.

The key to controlling the game is small changes in rotation speed and lining yourself up for big jumps... if you just change from full rotation one way to full rotation the other way, you will lose control!

The other tip I can give you is the reverse jump... if you edge onto the end of a platform you will hear the bounce sound effect get higher, that indicates that you're right on the edge of the platform and you will always go away from the platform, no matter which way the craft is spinning. If you spin towards the platform, you will still bounce away, but you will have just the right amount of spin to stop dead when you land and thus regain control.

Hope that helps!
Old 04 February 2020, 19:46   #116
Bren McGuire

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeslip1974 View Post
This i totally disagree with, the controls do take time to learn but once you have you have precise control over your ship.
Listen man, as I said, I really appreciate this game and I think it looks slick as all hell and we need more games with this polish coming out for the Amiga, but I also do think the control system is incredibly frustrating turning the game into an exercise in patience. This does not take away from my appreciation of the game (as I said I bought it without even playing a demo) and I am enjoying it as far as I can but I still wanted to comment this for you to have a view different from yours, which I think is very important when you make games.

I spent a solid night playing the game yesterday and it just never felt completely right. Most times I passed a level it felt like I was just lucky to land on the right place at the right time and rotate just as much as I needed to. it never feels like I am in total control. I changed the sensitivity to high and that made it seem a lot better to me but i was still bouncing around like crazy a lot. And the edge bounce is really very weird.

Another suggestion I would add is full 2 button (or CD32 pad) control. Going back a menu item should be possible pressing the second button, or giving up a level too. This could make the game playable on a CD32 (as it is, you need a keyboard).

Again, I am incredibly impressed with this game and can't wait to see what you come up with next. Just take my input as a plain old gamer user as that, something to fuel your next project.

One more thing, you never said why there is no music. Did you not have an artist at hand? I feel the game would gain a lot more with music.
Old 04 February 2020, 19:58   #117
Gordon
Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
I believe the carboard (collectors) is the same size as Starquake, that is a mid-box. The plastic one is probably even smaller, I will confirm after they delivered it to me.
Thanks! Look forward to seeing your unboxing pics
Old 04 February 2020, 19:59   #118
Gordon
Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by timg View Post
Perhaps you could try changing the sensitivity? That changes how quickly the rotation speed changes.

The key to controlling the game is small changes in rotation speed and lining yourself up for big jumps... if you just change from full rotation one way to full rotation the other way, you will lose control!

The other tip I can give you is the reverse jump... if you edge onto the end of a platform you will hear the bounce sound effect get higher, that indicates that you're right on the edge of the platform and you will always go away from the platform, no matter which way the craft is spinning. If you spin towards the platform, you will still bounce away, but you will have just the right amount of spin to stop dead when you land and thus regain control.

Hope that helps!
Does the game have full keyboard control?

I don’t have time to try the demo
Old 04 February 2020, 21:43   #119
vulture

just bought it, looks very nice, gonna try it out when I get back home in a few days!
Old 05 February 2020, 05:57   #120
Reido

Bought