English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.SPS (was CAPS)

Old 02 June 2006, 23:13   #1
demoniac

Operation Wolf

I went thru both versions of Operation Wolf last night. I'll list the differences below.

Quote:
----
title screen needs to loop before continuing
NTSC protection causes guru
handles extenal drives
hostage count clears after Concentration Camp
no hostage rescuing at Airport stage
bad ending as hostage counter is zero
ending scroller seemed to leave a remaining character

2491 (Magnum 4)
---------------
can continue immediately at title screen
NTSC protection won't load Disk 2
dislikes external drives and maybe slow RAM
hostage count stays after Concentration Camp
hostage rescuing at Airport stage
different endings, but still a bug remains
no remaining character on ending scroller
So what some thought was a cracking bug was actually a game bug on the original version.
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=174471

The Magnum 4 version still is buggy. The hostage counter from Concentration Camp stage continues into Airport stage, but the counter doesn't get reset. Thus, at the end of the game, the counter is can go up 10 ($a). This is problematic as you'll only get the good ending w/ 5 hostages.

I looked at WHDLoad and there seemed to be another version. I wonder if the hostage
issue is finally fixed?

Last edited by demoniac; 11 August 2007 at 20:59.
Old 09 June 2006, 09:26   #2
fiath

Interesting! Thanks for that.
Old 11 August 2007, 20:26   #3
demoniac

Shadow Of The Beast II

Quote:
1481 (alt1)
-----------
when offering (O key) to the first captive the game would crash (left screenshot)

----
the offering works on the first captive (right screenshot)
I am assuming that 1359 came out later to fix the bug in 1481. Also, it seems like Skid Row used 1481 for their 2-disk 100% version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ShadowOfTheBeastII_Captive1_OfferBug_003.png
Views:	547
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	14521   Click image for larger version

Name:	ShadowOfTheBeastII_Captive1_Offer.png
Views:	578
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	14522  
Old 11 August 2007, 20:48   #4
demoniac

Leander

Quote:
0496 (EU)
--------
NTSC protection cause white screen
end sequence does not play music even though module is in memory
end sequence text differs (see below)

2351 (US)
--------
PAL protection cause white screen
end sequence plays music properly
end sequence text differs (see below)
Travellers Tales fixed the end sequence bug for the NTSC release.

Quote:
0496 (EU) end sequence text (formatting lost)
---------------------------------------------
CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE RID THE LAND OF THE EVIL OF THANATOS HIS DOMAIN HAS BEEN DESTROYED AND YOU CAN BEGIN THE TASK OF REBUILDING THE WASTELAND CREATED BY THANATOS LOOK OUT FOR LEANDERPART 2: 'LEANDER THEPIG FARMER' IN WHICHLEANDER BUILDS A PIGFARM AND RAISES PIGSFOR 39 YEARS. CREDITS ~~~~~~~ HO HUM HERE WE GO... PROGRAMMING: JON BURTON GRAPHICS: ANDY INGRAM MUSIC: MATT SIMMONDS TIM WHITE JON BURTON SOUNDFX: TIM WHITE JON BURTON MAP DESIGNS: ANDY INGRAM GRAHAME WATKINSON JOANNE LYNCH CREATURE ATTRIBUTES: JON BURTON DOCUMENTATION: PHIL MCNAIR PROJECT MANAGEMENT: STEVE RIDING PROJECT DIRECTION: IAN HETHERINGTON JOHN WHITE ADDITIONAL DESIGN SKETCHES: SIMON JAMES RAIN GRAPHICS: JON BURTON MOVEQ.L #0,D0: ANDY INGRAM INITIAL MEETING ARRANGED BY: STUART MCNAIR EQUIPMENT SUPPLIED BY: PSYGNOSIS CENTRAL EXCHANGE PLAYTESTING BY: NICK BURCOMBE CHRIS GREG CHAZ WATERS JOHN CLINTON ANDY INGRAM GRA WATKINSON DAVE DOOTSON JON BURTON CODE CONCEPTS BY: JON BURTON CHRIS STANFORTH DAVE DOOTSON ART DIRECTION: ANDY INGRAM KEY GRIP: WHAT? THANKS TO: DMA DESIGN RAISING HELL SPINNING CHIP BY: NEIL AND MIKE DECRUNCH CODE BY: CHRIS (BIG M.) WYLIE JON'S HELLOS TO: LUCY GRAHAME GRA AND GEMMA ANDY AND JOANNE NICOLA WHITBY REBECCA YOE KIRSTY JACKSON CATHERINE EDMONDS ANNABEL CLIFF EMILY BURROWS STUART, PHIL AND CHAZ MCNAIR SIMEON AND JONATHAN SIMON TURNERJONATHAN AND SIMON.D ROBERT EDMONDS SIMON AND KIRSTY SIMON JAMES DAVE AND FIONA CHRIS STANFORTH MATT SIMMONDS RUSSEL WARK TOM DALGREN DAVID, CARLO, BARRY POLO THE CAT ERIC THE BEE FRASER WILLIAMS LIVERPOOL POLYKEVIN, MARK, NIK ANDGLYNN. LAWRENCE, HOWARDAND SO ON........... ANDY'S HELLOS TO: JOANNE LYNCH JOHN AND KATH JON BURTON ANTHONY, JOANNE CHAZ WATERS ANDY BLUNDELL ANDY SCOTT ANDY GOODISON GARV,NEIL,MIKE AND ALL THE ARTIST CHRIS AND MARTYN SIMON JAMES RAOUL BARRNET JON SHAW STUART, PHIL AND CHAZ MCNAIR DAVE DOOTSON CHRIS STANFORTH PAUL, JANET,NEIL AND RYAN JANET AND MATTHEW STUART, ANN, MARK AND CHRIS LAWRANCE, HOWARD TOM DALGREN ETC.ETC... THE END
Quote:
2351 (US) end sequence text (formatting lost)
---------------------------------------------
CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE RID THE LAND OF THE EVIL OF THANATOS HIS DOMAIN HAS BEEN DESTROYED AND YOU CAN BEGIN THE TASK OF REBUILDING THE WASTELAND CREATED BY THANATOS LEANDER IS GREEK FOR LION-MAN LOOK OUT FOR LEANDERPART 2: T I G R A N D E R (TIGER MAN) CREDITS ~~~~~~~ HO HUM HERE WE GO... PROGRAMMING: JON BURTON GRAPHICS: ANDY INGRAM MUSIC: MATT SIMMONDS TIM WHITE JON BURTON SOUNDFX: TIM WHITE JON BURTON MAP DESIGNS: ANDY INGRAM GRAHAME WATKINSON JOANNE LYNCH CREATURE ATTRIBUTES: JON BURTON DOCUMENTATION: PHIL MCNAIR PROJECT MANAGEMENT: STEVE RIDING PROJECT DIRECTION: IAN HETHERINGTON JOHN WHITE ADDITIONAL DESIGN SKETCHES: SIMON JAMES RAIN GRAPHICS: JON BURTON MOVEQ.L #0,D0: ANDY INGRAM INITIAL MEETING ARRANGED BY: STUART MCNAIR EQUIPMENT SUPPLIED BY: PSYGNOSIS CENTRAL EXCHANGE PLAYTESTING BY: GREG NICK CHRIS CHAZ WATERS CHAZ MCNAIR JOHN CLINTON ANDY INGRAM GRA WATKINSON DAVE DOOTSON JON BURTON CODE CONCEPTS BY: JON BURTON CHRIS STANFORTH DAVE DOOTSON ART DIRECTION: ANDY INGRAM KEY GRIP: WHAT? THANKS TO: DMA DESIGN RAISING HELL A SPECIAL HELLO TO: KEITH FRANKHART SPINNING CHIP BY: NEIL AND MIKE DECRUNCH CODE BY: CHRIS (BIG M.) WYLIE THIS GAME HAS BEEN J A M I E T E S T E D JON'S HELLOS TO: GRA AND GEMMA ANDY AND JOANNE LUCY GRAHAME NICOLA WHITBY REBECCA YOE KIRSTY JACKSON CATHERINE EDMONDS ANNABEL CLIFF EMILY BURROWS STUART, PHIL AND CHAZ MCNAIR SIMEON AND JONATHAN SIMON TURNERJONATHAN AND SIMON.D ROBERT EDMONDS SIMON AND KIRSTY SIMON JAMES DAVE AND FIONA CHRIS STANFORTH MATT SIMMONDS RUSSEL WARK TOM DALGREN DAVID, CARLO, BARRY POLO THE CAT ERIC THE BEE FRASER WILLIAMS LIVERPOOL POLYKEVIN, MARK, NIK ANDGLYNN. LAWRENCE, HOWARDAND SO ON........... ANDY'S HELLOS TO: JOANNE LYNCH JOHN AND KATH JON BURTON ANTHONY, JOANNE CHAZ WATERS ANDY BLUNDELL ANDY SCOTT ANDY GOODISON GARV,NEIL,MIKE AND ALL THE ARTIST CHRIS AND MARTYN SIMON JAMES RAOUL BARRNET JON SHAW STUART, PHIL AND CHAZ MCNAIR DAVE DOOTSON CHRIS STANFORTH PAUL, JANET,NEIL AND RYAN JANET AND MATTHEW STUART, ANN, MARK AND CHRIS LAWRANCE, HOWARD TOM DALGREN ETC.ETC... THE END

Last edited by demoniac; 11 August 2007 at 21:05.
Old 12 August 2007, 08:48   #5
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
i'm sorry Demoniac to give another hint about Leander,

The EU SPS version is playing correctly the music at the end of the game.

But on winuae, the end game music is fucked up for whatever reason.
I tell it because a guy i know cracked Leander, and i have tested with him the game, and the music refuse to play on Winuae, when it works on my A500.

I have the game in original PAL. I have finished it quite a number of time, the end music is here and played. I installed it with whdload, the end music works on my A1230, but once i make the game running in winuae on my PC, the end music never appear.
Old 13 August 2007, 22:50   #6
demoniac

Interesting. I remember playing Company's crack on my A500 and the end sequence music seem to be static. Perhaps, I'll fire up my Amiga one of these days.
Old 13 August 2007, 23:26   #7
BippyM
Global Moderator

@Demoniac

Using the CODE tag instead of the QUOTE tag will preserve the formatting (usually)
Old 12 September 2007, 02:52   #8
demoniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
@Demoniac

Using the CODE tag instead of the QUOTE tag will preserve the formatting (usually)
Thanks, but CODE tag doesn't have word wrap and the text was lifted from memory.
Old 09 February 2008, 10:07   #9
demoniac

Fighter Bomber/Strike Aces

Strike Aces is the US version with major graphic changes.

Quote:
----
French option is non-existent
manual protection
message for crackers on Disk 1
Copylock protection on Disk 1
red pilot font
maps show airports as white boxes and no scale
misspellings
auto-arm bonus Maverick missle bug
Refuel & Rearm / End screen bug
Final Frontier mission has targets destroyed out of order bug on Disk 2
version 01:35pm Tuesday 12th December 1989
cheats: "HOORAY FOR MICK", "KYLIE", "SO WHAT IF I DO", "BUCKAROO"*, "VERSION", "BOOMERANG"

1135 (Power Hits)
-----------------
removed French option
no protection
red pilot font
maps show cargo airports as orange boxes, refuel airports as white boxes, and no scale
fixed misspellings
auto-arm bonus Maverick missle bug
Refuel & Rearm / End screen bug
fixed Final Frontier mission has targets destroyed out of order bug on Disk 2
version 03:50pm Friday 19th January 1990
cheats: "448944895554"*, "KYLIE", "SO WHAT IF I DO", "BUCKAROO", "VERSION"

1145 [Strike Aces]
------------------
code wheel protection
different title screen with two planes
different intro with front plant view
blue pilot font
mission text on clipboard background
area recon has heading
maps show airports as orange boxes, refuel airports as white boxes, and have scale
fixed auto-arm bonus Maverick missle bug
fixed misspellings
fixed Refuel & Rearm / End screen bug
fixed Final Frontier mission has targets destroyed out of order bug on Disk 2
version 14:50 (GMT) Thursday 15th March 1990
cheats: "448944895554", "KYLIE", "SO WHAT IF I DO", "VERSION"

* 'D' key for next destination

Last edited by demoniac; 07 December 2014 at 10:10. Reason: fixed Copylock disk number typo
Old 03 January 2009, 08:10   #10
demoniac

Kult

Quote:
----
spider mistress bug
Qriich bug

1512 (Boeder)
-------------
spider mistress bug
Qriich bug
mummy graphic bug
I was hoping that the Boeder budget version would have fixed the two crashing bugs found in the original, but it seems that they introduced another minor one where the mummy's eyes don't open and a vial sprite appears instead.

BTW, SPS your database info for 0661 is missing the FR and DE languages.

The US version titled Chamber Of The Sci-Mutant Priestess isn't preserved by SPS yet, but I ran the DJ/CCS/ACC version and it has those bugs fixed. (It does crash after the final screen.)
Old 03 January 2009, 09:29   #11
IFW

We do not have an unmodifided copy of the US version - but have quite a few modified ones...
Old 03 January 2009, 10:17   #12
demoniac

It seems that the game asks for the disk to be unprotected, which is detrimental to preservation.
Old 04 January 2009, 00:14   #13
IFW

Not quite... there are many games like that, but indeed we need an unplayed copy. Kult was the same btw, and is preserved. So are many other games that modify themselves on first use... it all depends on being lucky enough to find an unused copy.
Old 04 January 2009, 00:18   #14
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFW View Post
So are many other games that modify themselves on first use... it all depends on being lucky enough to find an unused copy.
Like Great Giana Sisters?
Old 04 January 2009, 11:38   #15
IFW

Yes, GGS was one of them and given that only a few hundred copies exist, it was certainly lucky
Old 14 March 2009, 12:59   #16
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

Quote:
We do not have an unmodifided copy of the US version - but have quite a few modified ones...
Argh... this is one of the situations that hurt. I HAD it, 15 years ago, did not like it (but just played a cyclone'd copy, not the original disk), so sold it back then in a lot.

BTW: Regarding GGS we now have two versions. The "new" version does work when saving the highscore, the other one crashes at this point (I think it actually writes, and crashes right after).

So the one already on the SPS site is the one with the saving bug, the new version will appear on the list as soon as a new batch is processed.
Old 07 January 2010, 13:52   #17
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

Quote:
The good news is that, thanks to Cebulba, we now have a dump of the umodified version...
Old 16 March 2010, 00:33   #18
mai

Quote:
French option is non-existent
..2 years later, french language is still not removed!
Quote:
Fighter Bomber
http://www.softpres.org/?id=:games&gameid=1134

by the way, is disk 2 really copylock protected?
that would mean, i am not able to write back disk 2 to floppydisk, right?

Last edited by mai; 16 March 2010 at 00:52.
Old 16 March 2010, 12:24   #19
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
..2 years later, french language is still not removed!
bad bad bad sps dudes! how dare you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
http://www.softpres.org/?id=:games&gameid=1134

by the way, is disk 2 really copylock protected?
that would mean, i am not able to write back disk 2 to floppydisk, right?
disk 1 has copylock, disk 2 has no copylock.
Old 16 March 2010, 12:55   #20
mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.vince View Post
bad bad bad sps dudes! how dare you
this was a reminder only, let not pass another 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.vince View Post
disk 1 has copylock, disk 2 has no copylock.
Thanks for the info, then it probably was a simple typo by "Demoniac".
I was surprised, that i was able to convert IPF disk2 to ADF without any error message.

then "BOMBERB.WRP" released by "VF" from Boilerroom is also an unmodified original disk 2.

Last edited by mai; 16 March 2010 at 14:18.