English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 16 June 2004, 12:24   #1
cebulba

Question AMIGA Cover discs available?

hey ho.

I was just wondering this morning, after I woke up, if there's a website / project which tries to PRESERVE Amiga cover disc, i.e. all these discs attached to printing magazines - featuing Demos, Add-Ons, PD and other stuff...?

If this doesn't exist I would like to build a website on this (already got a name in my head )...

anybody knows?
Old 16 June 2004, 12:30   #2
Paul
RIP Friends

Two sites I know of:

http://amigacoverdisks.emuunlim.com/

http://nthdimension.emuunlim.com/
Old 16 June 2004, 13:16   #3
kriz

February 17th 2002: Alright, I think it's about time I own up. I haven't updated in almost 1 year now, and probably won't ever. It's just not 'fun' for me to maintain the site anymore, and I have moved on to other projects since then. I am in the process of talking with MrDig to create a combined Amiga coverdisk site, which will contain the best aspects of both our sites. If you are interested in 'taking over' The Nth Dimension in the meantime, or you want to be a part of the gang that works on the new site, email me and I'll see how you can help. Only those with mad 1337 database programming skillz should apply.

so maybe you could continue http://nthdimension.emuunlim.com/ , cebulba ...

Old 19 June 2004, 16:22   #4
cebulba

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriz
so maybe you could continue http://nthdimension.emuunlim.com/ , cebulba ...

well...will think about that one...

another question just came to my mind:
I know some buddies whose aim is to collect computer/gaming companies product catalogues.
No I ask myself if anybody can provide a webpage dealing with SOFTWARE product catalogues and IN ADDITION I'm looking for a webpage which contents ONLY advertisments...
I know HOL has (mostly) Italian adverts in it's DB, but are there any other sites out there?
Old 19 June 2004, 21:30   #5
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebulba
No I ask myself if anybody can provide a webpage dealing with SOFTWARE product catalogues and IN ADDITION I'm looking for a webpage which contents ONLY advertisments...
I know HOL has (mostly) Italian adverts in it's DB, but are there any other sites out there?
If you're wanting ads and software catalogues specifically for Amiga, you won't find a wealth of resources on the net, especially when it comes to catalogues. Only BTTR and Ami Sector One have a significant number of scanned ads AFAIK. As you say, HOL has mostly Italian ads, although a lot more English ones and a handful of German and French ones have been added in recent months. Unfortunately, it's a slow process adding "goodies" like this to game entries. You have to invest the time in finding magazines with the ads in them to start with, and then find the time to scan them at high enough quality and touch them up in a graphics package afterwards (i.e. cropping, bicubic resizing, adjusting contrast/brightness/colour levels etc.). Personally, I find scanning takes up a lot of time since I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to these things. Anyway, keep watching HOL for the addition of scanned ads, reviews, docs, and other goodies in the months to come.

Last edited by DrBong; 22 June 2004 at 09:47.
Old 20 June 2004, 07:19   #6
redblade
Zone Friend

Good idea about the coverdisks. I would love to be able to play the Amiga Power demo of Cannon Fodder again. I own the origional disk but I think the bb got hit by a virus, so I copied over it.

And the Cannon Fodder demo I downloaded of planetemu seemed to be the first disk of the FLT cracked origional.

I think the 4th version of the same level you can fly around in a helicopter if I can remember correctly.
Old 21 June 2004, 07:02   #7
JohnnyWalker
aka ThunderPeel2001

What was that Amiga Power "Kill The Prez" game or something? Anyone heard about that?