English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 15 February 2018, 12:27   #1
Anachronist

Badass New Amiga Board, aBSiNTHE BBS

Hi all!
I wanted to make everyone aware of my killer Amiga board, aBSiNTHE BBS. It has the largest selection of maintained, quality Amiga door games, 30+ additional door games from BBSLink, Interactive Fiction, game servers, and a full install of Amiga RPGBBS running as a sub board under the name Green Dragon RPGBBS. I'm an Amiga ASCII artist and have designed a unique, sleek look and interface. There's honestly nothing else like it out there. It's been up for a little over a month so the files section is very light. This will be addressed soon. The current maintainer of CNET is very active and I am constantly adding features as well. I'd love for some of you to come by and check it out! If you're not using Syncterm as your terminal, kindly use Topaz Plus as your font for it to display correctly. If you're using Syncterm then aBSiNTHE will interact with it to auto switch between Topaz+ and ANSI for door games, etc.

You can check it out at: absinthe.darktech.org port 23

See you there!
Old 16 February 2018, 13:13   #2
kriz

Hi. Sounds nice, but im unable to connect, is it up now ?
Old 17 February 2018, 10:00   #3
Anachronist

It is! A new version of C-NET was just released and after upgrading we had issues for a day. The maintainer is coming up with a less painful upgrade process now.

I just implemented a mode for classic systems! If you are on original hardware with an older terminal, select Absinthe Classic Mode at login and it will be formatted correctly. Also, intensive art animation will be disabled across the board- I've done a lot of custom work If you're on a modern term like Syncterm though don't select it. Hope to see you there!
Old 17 February 2018, 19:01   #4
kriz

Nice, got myself logged in now Some sweet ansi art, will check it out more later this weekend Logged in via SyncTERM for now ..
Old 17 February 2018, 20:21   #5
Anachronist

I saw that you stopped in! Glad you were able to make it by. Yeah come on in this weekend- *tons* of games and other cool stuff
Old 19 February 2018, 01:17   #6
Anachronist

I'm glad to see so many EAB users stopping by aBSiNTHE! Get on some of those Amiga door games XD I've seen a few guys try out Double Daggers II and jump right into the starter dungeon and get whacked. Walk around town and find where to buy a torch first so you can see haha
Old 19 February 2018, 19:58   #7
Amiga1992

Logged in, will check the door games when I can! I Still haven't managed to connect the AMiga to the internet to be able to telnet, need to work on that. MEanwhile, Syncterm it is.
Old 19 February 2018, 23:47   #8
Anachronist

Cool! I sent you a quick welcome message on the board. Yeah, there's a lot to check out! With BBSLink we probably have ~70 games not counting the game servers and Interactive Fiction. I'm working with an Amiga developer right now to bring something very, very cool to the board that's never been available on a BBS. We're nearing the initial release as soon as I finish drawing the graphics.
Let me know if you run into any issues. Check out Green Dragon RPGBBS from the main prompt! There are a few dedicated players/board members, it's steadily growing.
Old 20 February 2018, 22:55   #9
Anachronist

I just expanded Classic Mode to disable ALL animation on the system, so now classic Amiga hardware users should be able to browse quickly.