English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 28 April 2016, 15:21   #121
demolition
Unregistered User

Thanks for the update - looking good. I need to try it out on my V2 powered A600.
Old 28 April 2016, 22:51   #122
gulliver
BoingBagged

Thank you Retrofan.

I will try it tomorrow.
Old 28 April 2016, 23:12   #123
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Nice. The skin/buttons that AmiModRadio has as default are for 256 colors. If you use more or less colors you can use the Preferences of the program or also MorpheuZ, Preferences, AmiModRadio and change the look, or also you can go to Utilities/AmiModRadio and click on the RandomSkin script. Remember to read the Readme first and don't forget to add the mui.key to S.

The Skins that AmigaAMP or AMPlifier use as default only use 16 colors. If you use more colors change the preferences with a left - right click on the top of the skin.

Also if you use it on WinUAE and you've got the Picasso rom, don't be scared to try "Better Config" in Tools and select a RTG setup, later you can return to an AGA setup using Better Config again.

Edit: I've seen a lot of threads searching and asking about where to listen to mods. Specially AndyHants inspired the idea. Now with AKReal you've got AmiModRadio, but also five radio channels streaming the best mods. Just click on the AmiKit logo on the left of the tittle bar, select "Radio" and open the "Mods/Old Skool" folder, you'll be amazed. BTW "ModFM" is the streaming of "modules.pl", they told me to use this name and icon.

I've edited the post to include an example of WinUAE config. http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=120

Another tip: When you try a 256 colors wallpaper (they are in AmiKit:Prefs/Presets/Backdrops/256 Colors) and that with Magellan is a left-then-right click on screen, Setttings, Environment, Background, Desktop, then maybe it will look bad (surely something about the pens used). Reboot and it will look right. This screenshot for example is using 256 colors, not RTG. (AmigaBoxBlue2.iff):

Note: The wallpaper is from Michael Englyst, the FullPalette prefs are from Peter Keunecke and the remapping has been done using the "Retro Image Tool" by Sascha Springer.

Last edited by Retrofan; 20 May 2016 at 23:33.
Old 29 April 2016, 12:28   #124
groundplayer

Is there any way to disable liveupdater diskspace check after first reboot (from script), cause i use Amikit inside folder (sys is assigned in ss to folder), and it does not seem to allow update, altough i have more than 1GB diskspace in boot partition ? Or should i add my assign inside update script ?

Thanks again for wonderfull release and your hard work !
Old 29 April 2016, 12:34   #125
Amicol

I'm going to have to give this another try on my Apollo1260 setup, looks great!
The hours that Retrofan must have put into this must be phenomenal!!
Old 29 April 2016, 15:26   #126
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundplayer View Post
Is there any way to disable liveupdater diskspace check after first reboot (from script), cause i use Amikit inside folder (sys is assigned in ss to folder), and it does not seem to allow update, altough i have more than 1GB diskspace in boot partition ? Or should i add my assign inside update script ?

Thanks again for wonderfull release and your hard work !
The update script checks for the free space in SYS: and also installs the files there. You can download the update and before rebooting edit the AmiKit_UpdateScript860 inside the AmiKit:Expansion drawer. Make the assign at the beginning of the script and try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amicol View Post
I'm going to have to give this another try on my Apollo1260 setup, looks great!
The hours that Retrofan must have put into this must be phenomenal!!
Yep, many hours. Thanks both for trying it

Edit: Another tip is that Magellan gives different options for the Wallpaper. If you make a left-right click on screen, Settings, Environment, Background, at the left of Desktop you can change with "Display" how the image will be shown: Center, Tile or Stretch. Better is to use Tile, and you won't have problems with the image in AmiDock, but you sometimes can use also Stretch:

And a good tip is to do what commented (left-right click on screen, Settings, Environment, Background, Desktop, and then where there is a field to put the "File", delete the existing name there and save the preferences with that field empty. So now everytime you reboot it will use a different wallpaper . Remember to select the right drawer in the field above, you can select for example an 800x600 drawer or the 800x600 drawer inside "256 Colors" or the 800x600 inside RTG.

Move AmiDock of course to WBStartup/disabled.

You can combine this random Wallpaper with a random booting picture. Open MorpheuZ and go to Preferences, Booting Display, select Rainboot and chose the "Random" option . As you know, the booting sounds already play randomly, so this way everything is random in every booting .

Last edited by Retrofan; 29 April 2016 at 22:04.
Old 29 April 2016, 20:09   #127
groundplayer

I got my second Miggy updated, adding my assing to install script ! Thankyou again Retrofan !
Old 29 April 2016, 22:01   #128
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundplayer View Post
I got my second Miggy updated, adding my assing to install script ! Thankyou again Retrofan !
Wondeful. Specs of your miggy?

Last edited by Retrofan; 29 April 2016 at 23:17.
Old 30 April 2016, 08:04   #129
groundplayer

My Real computers are: A1200/Blizz060/CF/MK2cr/TrueIDE. and other one A1200InfinityTower/MK2cr/MediatorTX/Voodoo3/BPPC/FATA with SATA. Plus several A1200 with no mods Going back to playaround with my Amikit
Old 02 May 2016, 15:14   #130
trydowave

I don't suppose theses a pre installed CF image floating around is there? setting up OS3.9 is such a pain in the As*
Old 02 May 2016, 15:43   #131
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by trydowave View Post
I don't suppose theses a pre installed CF image floating around is there? setting up OS3.9 is such a pain in the As*
There is a video showing the easiest way to install OS3.9 Later you should install BB1&2. [ Show youtube player ]

The video isn't "official", but you can see how easy is to install it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas
Some icons are not copied correctly if the installer is run from 3.1. Other than that the installation is ok.
But as AKReal installs all of the icons there isn't any problem. As I say install later BB1&2.

Last edited by Retrofan; 02 May 2016 at 18:31.
Old 02 May 2016, 18:18   #132
trydowave

I have OS3.9 (BB installed etc) for my A1200. Thing is its not what I would call clean. Got lots of other programs, WHDload etc on it not to mention the SS has been messed with a lot. Indi AGA installed and ACA1232/33.

Could you recommend booting the above into Winuae and installing AKreal over it?

Would it be possible to transfer this image onto an A600 with a Vampire 2? If so what changes would I have to do to SS or the the amount of colours displayed etc not to mention resolution.

Im not sure where the vampire is at the mo regarding drivers. So I think ill have to use my 1084S. Which means lowering the resolution. I think HDMI isn't working yet?
Old 02 May 2016, 18:35   #133
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

The SS will be changed with the install. But I would make a clean install on WinUAE. You can check in the support thread the changes people with the Vampire V2 are making in the s-s. http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=67562&page=31

Also it's better if you ask in that thread, not in this.
Old 02 May 2016, 19:42   #134
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trydowave View Post
Im not sure where the vampire is at the mo regarding drivers. So I think ill have to use my 1084S. Which means lowering the resolution. I think HDMI isn't working yet?
HDMI is working great (in RTG mode), although only up to 640x480@32bit with the current drivers. It seems though that it won't be long until we can use higher resolutions.
Old 03 May 2016, 18:54   #135
trydowave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
The SS will be changed with the install. But I would make a clean install on WinUAE. You can check in the support thread the changes people with the Vampire V2 are making in the s-s. http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=67562&page=31

Also it's better if you ask in that thread, not in this.
Should I use ECS or AGA setup in Winuae?
Old 03 May 2016, 19:14   #136
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

There isn't a WinUAE emulation for the Vampire. AKReal is thought for AGA, (although it can work with ECS and some changes).

You've got an example WinUAE config attached in this post http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=120

If you want to make it for the A600/Vampire on WinUAE you can use AGA, and make the changes at the end.
Old 19 May 2016, 00:42   #137
Acill
Tech Guru

Will you be releasing a new install with the latest updates any time? It would be nice to have everything ready up to the latest update you have in on install.
Old 20 May 2016, 21:19   #138
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes. Sorry, but that requires so much time that I will need at least a month as I said.

I've just made some important exams I had and I've been studying very hard for some time, so I want to have some relax now (both examinations passed: oposiciones in Spanish) .

Edit: I've sent you a PM anyway.

Last edited by Retrofan; 06 June 2016 at 01:32.
Old 01 June 2016, 04:17   #139
Acill
Tech Guru

Nice, thanks.
Old 06 June 2016, 01:14   #140
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acill View Post
Will you be releasing a new install with the latest updates any time? It would be nice to have everything ready up to the latest update you have in on install.
I'm sorry but I've got to update my latest answer. Unfortunately I only have now my laptop and it gets very hot while compressing a lzx under WinUAE, so it just shuts down.

I'm writting while trying to make just a try and although I've got an usb fan under it, the laptop is making a lot of noise running it's own fan at full speed. It will surely shut down in some minutes now.

So I don't have an idea when can I make a complete update.