English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 07 July 2014, 21:59   #3221
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancalimon View Post
Great game, great emulator. You can even play God Of War 2 with beautiful graphics if you have a fast cpu.
Way ahead of you.
GoW 1 & 2 runs like a dream on my new i7-4790.
Old 07 July 2014, 22:14   #3222
ancalimon
Supernormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroplay View Post
Way ahead of you.
GoW 1 & 2 runs like a dream on my new i7-4790.
Not bad here with my i7 3820 (@4.3GHz) too.
Old 08 July 2014, 19:07   #3223
laffer
Zone Friend

Played more Evolution : Battle for Utopia... it's one of the better iOS games, I think (there is so much casual crap, it's difficult to find the good ones!).

Edit - today I'm playing more Wayward Souls... I maxed out the fighter, so now playing as the adventurer.
I still haven't beaten the gold dungeon yet, I've reached the boss a few times but never beaten her.
So far I'm mostly playing the silver dungeon over and over, to collect gold and upgrade characters... the randomly generated dungeons, and the challenging difficulty level, means that it doesn't get boring.
I also like how the various enemies often require different strategies to take out without getting hit in the process... learning these is of course essential to getting anywhere.

It feels like a really nice indie game to me, which I guess it is.
One thing that seems to be typical for indie games, and that this game definitely has, is an *awesome* soundtrack!

The slight blur in these screenshots was caused by the iPad image tool I used, the game isn't blurry.

Last edited by laffer; 10 July 2014 at 17:29.
Old 12 July 2014, 01:04   #3224
Neil79

http://www.indieretronews.com/2014/0...strad-cpc.html

Old 15 July 2014, 15:07   #3225
laffer
Zone Friend

Neil79, that's awesome!

Messed around a bit more in Family Guy - Quest for Stuff on the iPad.
It's one of those completely braindead freemium click and wait kind of games, that I generally really dislike... but I sometimes click around a bit in this one when I'm really bored, as I like Family Guy and some of the references and such in this "game" can be kind of funny.

One thing I actually do like is finding out how much this game is trying to rip people off... and I see people having bought many of the ridiculously priced premium items you need to pay real money for (of course I would never even consider doing that, I don't really even like the game, and even if I did... no way).

I converted the price of one expensive item in the game to real money, and the price is unbelievable - this one statue (decorative) item is $28,6 USD!
...and I've seen several people having it. Hopefully they've just figured out how to hack the game, and not actually paid for this stuff.
Old 15 July 2014, 15:15   #3226
Rob 1
The Original Domainiac

Because of the latest issue of Retro gamer I'm playing Rampage World tour again... (MAME)
Old 15 July 2014, 15:17   #3227
laffer
Zone Friend

Retro gamer is such a great magazine!
Old 15 July 2014, 16:51   #3228
Neil79

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffer View Post
Retro gamer is such a great magazine!
If only they didn't make the odd mistake and full page pictures taking up a good article
Old 23 July 2014, 21:59   #3229
laffer
Zone Friend

Unlocked (by completing the gold dungeon) the Diamond Dungeon in Wayward Souls... and beat it on the first go

I was so nervous by the end of that, the Diamond Dungeon has 20 levels, more than twice that of the previous three dungeons, and being a rogue like... dying means having to start all over

I was so stressed out upon reaching the final boss, since I had never fought him before (you also fight the bosses from the three previous dungeons on the way, but I had quite a bit of practice with those, so that went alright)... luckily I had managed to save up two health potions and some shields.
The boss was fortunately not that difficult either... but just the nerves, knowing I'd have to do it all over if I died, kinda made it a bit more difficult for me

I'm looking forwards to more areas in future updates now (the game said there would soon be more)... the game is updated rather frequently and the updates are really nice.

I have plenty to do still though, I need to grind a lot more gold to unlock and fully upgrade all the character abilities. I'm still not tired of grinding for gold because of the random levels etc.

Here's the final boss -

EDIT - You can ser someone else finishing the Diamond Dungeon here (I really like the music and sounds in this game!) -
[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by laffer; 24 July 2014 at 02:59.
Old 29 July 2014, 23:47   #3230
LieutLaww

I have been on a real retro kick of late so have been going thru a ton of MSX, C64 and Amiga games, I am also considering streaming game playthroughs on Twitch as well.
Old 02 August 2014, 17:23   #3231
SWIV

(Pc Engine/TG16) - Bonk Adv/Bonks Revenge/Bonk III Big Adv./Air Zonk
(Arcade) - Karnov, Black Tiger, Rygar
(Atari 2600) - Tutankham

I did finally get my internet up and running and a steam account,despite being a multi format retro gamer I have played a couple of demo`s of Euro Trucker 2 and Shadow Warrior.
I feel Shadow warrior is an interesting idea with a FPS hack and slash but I am not sure It would keep my interest but i do like the humour.On the other hand Euro trucker two is some thing I can play to relax,do the odd delivery to pass some time away so I may well purchase that shortly,I also have my eye on Farcry 3 and the Doom BFG collections.
Old 04 August 2014, 22:28   #3232
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWIV View Post
I feel Shadow warrior is an interesting idea with a FPS hack and slash but I am not sure It would keep my interest but i do like the humour.
I can assure you that the humor persists throughout, but the best jokes are part of secrets and timed events so you have to search for them. Its fun to go hunt for the one secret room in each level which has graphics from the first Shadow Warrior game
Old 07 August 2014, 20:44   #3233
isamu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LieutLaww View Post
I have been on a real retro kick of late so have been going thru a ton of MSX, C64 and Amiga games, I am also considering streaming game playthroughs on Twitch as well.
Do it do it DEEEEW IT!!!! I will spectate and follow. Love watching retro streams. Hardly ANYONE streams Amiga or Sega Master System.
Old 20 August 2014, 10:09   #3234
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I've been playing it on and off since 2011: Civilization 5. I've finally got it. I've caught the bug. A few weeks ago marked the very first time that I won (and I won 2 more times since then, exploring all the victory types). And I can't stop playing now! I'm on a mission to master this game. Best value for money ever.

Its amazing how for several years you can just not know how to play a game and thus fail miserably at it. It took some let's plays from masterful players to finally understand how to think and plan. My favorite one: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...GS1iTDDUByKE9P

The last time I actually had this problem was when I was playing Utopia. That also took me more than a year of dedicated playing to really "get".
Old 20 August 2014, 18:00   #3235
bh@pdx

I'm coming back to Deuteros on several occasions , GhostnGoblins is another favorite i play sometimes.

Going for Turrican series soon, just to refresh the old times with Amiga. But im probably gonna use a trainer

Old 21 August 2014, 02:15   #3236
Nobby_UK

Syndicate
and
James Pond
Old 27 August 2014, 22:52   #3237
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
Deluxe Galaga AGA Again Again and Again ...
Old 18 September 2014, 12:34   #3238
Hodor
Retro Human

FTL Advanced Edition on my PC.

A really hard, frustrating and challenging game. Amazing on the other hand
Old 18 September 2014, 16:17   #3239
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Yeah FTL is fun. It couldn't hold my attention for -that- long however, it is a bit repetitive after a few playthroughs.

Its just a genius design idea that you can ward off invaders by closing all the doors, opening the airlocks and letting the oxygen drain out
Old 18 September 2014, 23:52   #3240
Hodor
Retro Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Yeah FTL is fun. It couldn't hold my attention for -that- long however, it is a bit repetitive after a few playthroughs.

Its just a genius design idea that you can ward off invaders by closing all the doors, opening the airlocks and letting the oxygen drain out
It´s one of my favourites rogue-like games but it can also be repetitive is some ocasions, I agree with you. Despite that point it offers dozens of amusement hours in my opinion.

I´ll give a try to Deluxe Galaga, by the way!