English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 30 October 2013, 16:25   #21
cinemaware
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
At what point did anyone say there was any harm in doing anything.

This is "advertised" as a remake, but let's be honest it is not a remake.
Sorry, but where did we do this? We never did and won't promote this as an remake. And i don't see your critic as an offense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
It's a port and probably uses some kind of emulation core (Although I am not saying it is, it could be rewritten from scratch!). Yes it does involve some work, but surely these people that are doing this could easily write something new and fresh,
Oh, it does involve a little bit more as "some work", but sure its not so much work as a new port. But right now we also need to get paid for that work and what many people forget, we also need to pay a license for using the Kickstart-Rom.

But if its still a "cash cow" for you if a game costs 1,99 Dollar ... then i find no argument again this

A remake (and be honest ... I WANT A RR Remake) is right now not possible. Last year we fell on our nose (do you say this also in eglish) with the Kickstarter-Campaign. We make a big list what we did wrong (yes, it was a lot ), listen to the community and think we are now on a good way.

So, yes we hope to bring out in the next time good emulated version of the classic games. Also a new kickstarter-campaign and hopefully after this HD Remakes or new Versions of the classics.
 
Old 30 October 2013, 16:32   #22
cinemaware
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
They're not doing this for the fun of it. It's for money pure and simple. I have nothing against these people making money from their own property etc, I do however think it is very lazy to just rehash a 20 odd year old game. Yes it'll be sold for a couple of quid, but the motivation is money. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't have some ridiculous in-app purchases
Oh you know us very well Thanks for the idea with the in-app purchase ... we pack this into (Do you need some Fuel? Get 100 Ltr for 1.99) ... just kidding.

And please ... 25 year old game
 
Old 30 October 2013, 16:52   #23
BippyM
Registered User

BippyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Nottingham, UK
Age: 43
Posts: 8,697
I admire your honesty and I understand you need to make a living.

I do however think it is morally wrong to label this is a remake because let's be honest it's not a remake. I am probably on my own here but please call it what it is and don't sugar coat it! As for you not calling it a remake fair enough, but others are
BippyM is offline  
Old 30 October 2013, 17:10   #24
cinemaware
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
I admire your honesty and I understand you need to make a living.

I do however think it is morally wrong to label this is a remake because let's be honest it's not a remake. I am probably on my own here but please call it what it is and don't sugar coat it! As for you not calling it a remake fair enough, but others are
I see the misunderstanding. The headline is called "remake", but in our official announcement we talk about a re-launch and also we don't keep it as a secret that this is an emulated version. But also for this (the work we got, and yes it was a lot, the license for the AmigaOS/Kickstart,emulation) we need money.
 
Old 30 October 2013, 17:23   #25
Neil79
Registered User
Neil79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kent
Age: 39
Posts: 2,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
I admire your honesty and I understand you need to make a living.

I do however think it is morally wrong to label this is a remake because let's be honest it's not a remake. I am probably on my own here but please call it what it is and don't sugar coat it! As for you not calling it a remake fair enough, but others are
Only the thread title is named "remake"

The trailer isn't
The news article isn't

Thread title was tongue in cheek , if it offends so many people just remove "remake" from the title. There's no reason to attack Cinemaware, well only in the fact it's for iOS and Android
Neil79 is offline  
Old 30 October 2013, 17:23   #26
BippyM
Registered User

BippyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Nottingham, UK
Age: 43
Posts: 8,697
I have looked and stand corrected. My apologies to all
BippyM is offline  
Old 31 October 2013, 13:02   #27
cinemaware
 
Posts: n/a
And, its in the Google play store for 1,99 USD
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.rocketranger
 
Old 31 October 2013, 13:48   #28
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

FOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Barry / UK
Age: 40
Posts: 5,655
Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaware View Post
And, its in the Google play store for 1,99 USD
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.rocketranger
Nice, Will have to wait for payday, .

I dont mind, even if they arent remakes. I just like to be able to play the game perfectly without issue on a tablet.

I hope it all works out and you can do remakes, would be pretty cool, .
Was gutted at no wings, , hope that can be done, .

Just wish someone would do this with Millennium 2.2 and Deuterous.
FOL is offline  
Old 31 October 2013, 15:46   #29
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel
gimbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Spijkenisse/Netherlands
Age: 37
Posts: 3,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
I have looked and stand corrected.
BUT in any other case, I'd have agreed with you though. There are plenty of games labelled remakes which aren't.
gimbal is offline  
Old 01 November 2013, 11:49   #30
laffer
Zone Friend

laffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Norway
Age: 37
Posts: 1,335
I hope it will be iCade compatible.
laffer is offline  
Old 25 March 2014, 19:10   #31
alteredbeast75
Registered User

alteredbeast75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Venice/Italy
Posts: 60
someone manages to get in the zone "Antheads - It Came From The Desert II" in Italian? thanks
alteredbeast75 is offline  
Old 26 March 2014, 09:58   #32
breech
Asking stupid questions
breech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Syd.Oz
Posts: 139
I will be checking this out, as I loved Cinemaware's stuff, but hadn't played it.
breech is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rocket Ranger CD32? Impossible? mombasajoe support.Games 13 23 January 2014 13:57
Rocket Ranger BigHyorgi New to Emulation or Amiga scene 7 29 December 2011 14:00
rocket ranger not installing stuntpup project.WHDLoad 1 27 August 2007 22:10
Rocket Ranger Old Fool support.Games 2 26 July 2007 14:43
the best version of rocket ranger is in the zone renaissman support.Games 27 14 July 2002 02:04

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.08767 seconds with 15 queries