English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 08 January 2002, 00:41   #1
Jim

Multi-coloured A500

I remember seeing this in a magazine.

I'm not sure if the magazine did it, or if a reader submitted it. It would have been Amiga Format or CU Amiga magazine where I saw it, and in fact I probably still have it.

It was basically a A500 that had been stripped down and had all the plastic outer casing sprayed with various shades of vivid colours (sort of like grafitti).

I remember it looked damn cool (or I thought it did at the time!) and was too scared to try it on my Amiga.

But I guess it would be quite fun to do it now !

I'll see if I can dig the screenshot out when I visit my old cupboard.

Old 08 January 2002, 01:08   #2
oldpx

That was a limited edition of some sort. There were signs of the creators of amiga in the case somewhere. I saw three of these special A500s and one was a friend's. He told me he bought it from Germany if memory serves me right.

I'm not sure about this one but were the color of the floppy light different on these machines?

Old 08 January 2002, 06:04   #3
TikTok

I think the colour of A500 drive lights just depended on what Commodore had in the factory that particular week . Come to think of it, I think the same can be said about the actual make of the floppy drive as well!
Old 08 January 2002, 08:48   #4
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Issue 24 of Amiga Active had an article about this sort of thing too.
Old 08 January 2002, 16:16   #5
RetroMan

That Amiga was only given another case to fit into ... and besides, they are on EBay from time to time and really expensive .... I remember spraying my A500 in military look back then
Old 08 January 2002, 20:42   #6
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

I have also seen a 1084S in this graffiti style
And I think there also was a second limited edition of styled A-500 which was in a Tiger-like shape.
Old 08 January 2002, 21:40   #7
Kodoichi
Banned

Location: I'm the smiling face on your TV, I exploit you still you love me
Quote:
Originally posted by RetroMan
That Amiga was only given another case to fit into ... and besides, they are on EBay from time to time and really expensive .... I remember spraying my A500 in military look back then
Err... you weren't the one that sent in a photo of his A500 in army look and got it published in Amiga Joker?
Old 08 January 2002, 22:04   #8
oldpx

I've talked to my friend again. He doesn't remember much but he says there was a secondary metal cover in the expansion slot and the color of the mainboard was different. He said it was at hid cousin's house in Ýzmir (another city, quite far awar) and promised to show it to me one day. Then suddenly remembered he already sold it

I MUST see this mainboard myself if it's really different

edit: after re-reading the entire thread I realized this may not be the same machine we are talking about. The one I know had several stripes and bubbles on it !!! Anyway, posting to this thread was fun

Last edited by Burseg; 08 January 2002 at 22:13.

Old 08 January 2002, 22:56   #9
RetroMan

Quote:
Originally posted by s4murai
Err... you weren't the one that sent in a photo of his A500 in army look and got it published in Amiga Joker?
No Comment