English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 26 September 2017, 19:36   #841
kriz

Nice, keep on the good work But i just got an issue here, i installed the warpos package and now it just stays with wokbench title and no Dopus starting, this happend after installing v4 and update and then rebooting... I see the s-s file have been updated, but unable to see the change it made ... But investigating more (A1200BPPC-AGA).
Old 26 September 2017, 19:49   #842
kriz

Now gurus on boot, shows the boot picture, then reboots itself... seems like i need to re-read the warpos install for the Bppc

Fix: c:bppcfix >nil: install , in startup sequence (http://powerup.amigaworld.de/download.php?id=54) All working fine again

Last edited by kriz; 26 September 2017 at 20:55.
Old 26 September 2017, 21:12   #843
kriz

Old 26 September 2017, 22:59   #844
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Great that you've got it running. I suposse that you have installed a multiboot system, as you are using DH2 for AKReal. With DOpus5, if you want to hide DH0 or DH1 or whatever, you can make a right click on screen, "Settings", "Environment", "Desktop" and mark what you don't want to see on screen, then save that.

Also, PPaint is already included as downloadable in Utilities.
Old 27 September 2017, 13:17   #845
kriz

Yes, i got another bare bones system for testing at DH0: , its ok like this, nostalgic with the mixed icons.. Thx for the tips Big respect for your great work with Akreal Retrofan !!
Old 04 October 2017, 03:30   #846
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriz View Post
Yes, i got another bare bones system for testing at DH0: , its ok like this, nostalgic with the mixed icons.. Thx for the tips Big respect for your great work with Akreal Retrofan !!
Thanks a lot for your kind words. These kind of posts give me the energy that I need

Sorry about the delay of the AKReal 9 update. It's ready, but the new options of the release take a lot of time for me to decide what's best for the project. You'll find some necessary changes in this next update.

Last edited by Retrofan; 04 October 2017 at 03:41.
Old 04 October 2017, 04:32   #847
kriz

Sweet, looking forward to another update, take your time

And btw maybe know this: The ram icon keeps moving (to the right) after saved position and rebooting? Do you know where that information saved, i have tried searching for this but unable to find a solution, using Dopus5
Old 08 October 2017, 23:49   #848
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Sweet, looking forward to another update, take your time

And btw maybe know this: The ram icon keeps moving (to the right) after saved position and rebooting? Do you know where that information saved, i have tried searching for this but unable to find a solution, using Dopus5
Yep, of course. In fact, if you want to have the ram icon in the same position that AmiKit uses you just have to edit the S-S and rename "def_RamReal" (in a couple of places that it is used) as "def_Ram".

If you want to have the Ram icon wherever, just snapshoot the Ram icon there, open it viewing it by name, rename the disk.info as def_RamReal and replace with it the one in Sys:Prefs/Env-Archive/Sys. Make a backup -rename the original- just in case.
Old 09 October 2017, 02:13   #849
kriz

Thanks !!!
Old 09 October 2017, 03:42   #850
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Thanks !!!
You are welcome. You know that I'm always here for whatever and that it's also always a pleasure to help

BTW when you try the hundred of different options available (a couple of years ), then there are a "couple more" that few people use/know about.

Last edited by Retrofan; 09 October 2017 at 03:56.
Old 17 October 2017, 01:08   #851
Hercules
Vodka monster.

Will the site be back soon Retrofan as it seems to be down atm.
Old 17 October 2017, 08:51   #852
ma693541
Computer Wizard

@Hercules. The site is not down, read the text on it.
Old 19 October 2017, 00:31   #853
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Sorry, I've had to change many things that were going to be included and can't, and I'm changing them for some reasons. I don't want to hurry now but to make the best update possible.

So it will be online again as long as it takes me, but it won't be a long time.
Old 25 October 2017, 21:02   #854
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

So, as it has been commented in the news, AKReal 9 has been released

@Demolition has asked for a video:
Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
...But I will look forward to seeing Youtube demos of this new version so I can evaluate whether it is something I have to try.
So I've made this poor quality one:

[ Show youtube player ]

It is not only what's included, but the love given to everything that has been included. For example if you notice in the video, when you use the New_AmiStart option instead of the AmiStart one and if you are using also the Arrow rotating over it (BoingBall), it uses a script that will detect that and it will change the height it uses and the next time you boot it will be higher, just to fit with the New_AmiStart icons. It will make the same if you use the original one.

The video only shows some things. You've got a lot more like ABS* if you reboot while pressing the right button of the mice, a new theme you can use for the window borders (that the Vampires can use) called "FourOneBirdie"* in MorpheuZ, "Visual Themes", "24Bit Themes" that looks similar to the FourOne for AfAOS. There are a couple of RTG games, programs, icons, options, etc, etc.

VERY IMPORTANT: Of the 24bit Themes, only the new FourOneBirdie theme can work with a Vampire. The rest will use AfAOS that the Vampire can't use yet.

Note that the update won't "change" your Startup-Sequence, it will edit it, adding things. As always, a Startup-Sequence_bak900 is saved just in case.

You can find AKReal here: http://real.amiga.sk/
and this is the changelog, the things that have been changed: http://real.amiga.sk/history.htm

Many thanks to all of you who supported this or any previous version of AKReal: Oliver Roberts, Thomas Rapp, Richard Kapp, Peter Keunecke, Stephen Fellner, Henryk Richter, Thore, Jens Maus, Bert Jahn, Andreas Falkenhahn, Darius Brewka, Michael Gibs, @Estrayk and others.

It's only with the help of you that this kind of things can be possible

If you are planning to use AKReal for the very first time you may read this old post about the colors:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK
Of course, it should always be possible to use a screenmode with more than 16 colors, too. As long as the first 16 colors are locked with FullPalette or other similar tools, it should work perfectly with 64, 128 or whatever number of colors. All icons would simply look a little better than before.
*(Edit): I've just made this video to show them:

[ Show youtube player ]

And this one shows what happens with TL if you add your Games, Demos and... the Covers:

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by Retrofan; 29 October 2017 at 18:56.
Old 29 October 2017, 08:41   #855
Wachi

Thanks and congratulations for your work .... I already downloaded the new version, I will try to install it and try it this week, greetings.
Old 29 October 2017, 10:21   #856
demolition
Unregistered User

Is it straight-forward to make this version work with SAGA RTG (Vampire), perhaps even pre-configured for this?
Old 29 October 2017, 15:58   #857
gigi

Great work! Really impressive!

I'd like know if AkReal 9 works even with an Amiga 1200 with BlizzardPPC and Blizzard Vision. Someone has already tried it with this configuration? I've never could install correctly the previous version.

Thanks!

Old 29 October 2017, 18:37   #858
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Is it straight-forward to make this version work with SAGA RTG (Vampire), perhaps even pre-configured for this?
It has already been answered before, http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=582
but I'll ask a friend again to repeat the steps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Great work! Really impressive!

I'd like know if AkReal 9 works even with an Amiga 1200 with BlizzardPPC and Blizzard Vision. Someone has already tried it with this configuration? I've never could install correctly the previous version.

Thanks!
You should have to install first the 060 libraries (with MorpheuZ you can install a 060 library too). The add whatever drivers or software you need from then on. In this same page, post 884 , @kriz is using a BPPC

He installed warpos and bppcfix too. Read his posts.

Last edited by Retrofan; 29 October 2017 at 18:46.
Old 30 October 2017, 17:26   #859
Acill
Tech Guru

I would love to get a definitive way to clean install this to an Amiga 4000T running a CSPPC and a mediator with RTG. Its an awesome looking distro, I just havent ever had any luck with it on my machine.
Old 31 October 2017, 03:35   #860
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acill View Post
I would love to get a definitive way to clean install this to an Amiga 4000T running a CSPPC and a mediator with RTG. Its an awesome looking distro, I just havent ever had any luck with it on my machine.
I could try installing it tomorrow with an emulated CSPPC on WinUAE, but the mediator graphic card installation should be up to you. You should of course disable cyberbugfixaga, but no idea about RTG with the mediator.

Edit: Done. As I supossed, to emulate a CSPPC on WinUAE takes 3 minutes. You boot AKReal, open MorpheuZ, select "Preferences", "CPU Libs/MMU Libs", "Only change CPU library", select an 060 and restart WinUAE.
Then you change the WinUAE config to use as CPU 060, check the "PPC CPU emulation (Blizzard PPC/CyberStorm PPC)" box and in Expansions select as "Accelerator Board Settings" "Phase 5 -CyberStorm", "CyberStorm PPC", and in "Accelerator board ROM file" put that (I think it makes that automatically if you've got it), "CyberStorm PPC (128k).

It runs perfect. But as I told you I can't tell you how to install any RTG drivers for the Mediator, I only can tell you to disable CyberbugfixAga first.

Last edited by Retrofan; 31 October 2017 at 13:18.