English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 21 October 2019, 04:10   #1
dommer

GVP Impact Series II A500 HD+ Help Needed

Hello all,

I'm currently working on a data recovery project, and currently it will be involving my amiga 500 that was modified by a previous owner to run WB 2.0 or 2.1, and has a faster cpu, and a hard drive. Its a nice system, but the person who was selling the system didn't have everything I would need to use the whole system, namely, the drive management software for the hard drive. Although, at least I have the software to the accelerator.

As a side note, I did get to look for the discs myself, but I couldn't find them. And part of the deal was I had to wipe the hard drive for whatever reason. Wasn't something I really had a choice over, but I would have loved to have kept the 2.0/2.1 WB install that was on the disc.

I'm not exactly trying to ask for warez, but is there somewhere that I could find the GVP tools? The hardware seems common in the US, but I'm unsure where to ask or, to be honest, if I'm asking the right thing. I mean, could I format the drive using the built in formatting tools and I just don't know what I'm looking at?

I'm a little confused either way. I'm hoping someone has this HD, or has used one before.

Thanks!

-DOM
Old 21 October 2019, 07:37   #2
Jope
-

So do you have WB2.1 disks? HDToolBox on the install disk can do it for you. You'd need the disk set anyway to reinstall it after formatting the partitions.

The GVP software is here http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/impact2000hc8

And all of the warez is in TOSEC which you can get in its entirety from various places online.
Old 22 October 2019, 22:13   #3
dommer

Oh, cool! I remember an error message about not recognising the hard drive, but that could have also been the 2.1 installer disk as well. I don't quite remember.

I didn't know people put accelerators in these. The drive has been modified by the previous owner so I need to see what is in there now.

Thank you for your help!
Old 23 October 2019, 13:38   #4
Jope
-

Just say hdtoolbox gvpscsi.device in a shell or drag the hdtoolbox icon to ram: and edit the tool types of your copy (use information form the menus in wb) to say gvpscsi.device before launching it from the wb.