English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 18 October 2019, 12:15   #1
hexaae

WinUAE issue with Windows when "Minimize when focus is lost"

Hi Toni,
it happens sometimes that you can't switch back to Windows desktop because of special WinUAE settings:
  • you set in WinUAE Miscellaneous > Minimize when focus is lost + Pri. & Extensions like this

The problem is that WinUAE (in full-window) won't minimize when you closed ALL apps from Windows with a Alt+TAB, and sometimes it happened to me that keyboard from Windows wasn't detected anymore, not even Ctrl+Alt+Del (!) probably because WinUAE still got in control of keyboard input, but at the same time I couldn't switch back to WinUAE task with unresponsive keyboard from within Windows! Even mouse clicks to re-activate WinUAE window didn't work anymore!

Win10 tutorial to set mousewheel for all windows under mouse pointer:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

WinUAE version 4.3.0 beta

Last edited by hexaae; 18 October 2019 at 12:58.
Old 18 October 2019, 19:11   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Thats weird Windows behavior (nothing new), program immediately gets "you are active" message when there is no other program and program was switched with ALT-TAB. I am not sure if this is how it is supposed to work or if there is some weird trick that needs to be used.. There are other programs that have same behavior.

btw, don't mention betas unless it really only happens with it.
Old 21 October 2019, 19:07   #3
hexaae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
program immediately gets "you are active" message when there is no other program and program was switched with ALT-TAB
...the strange thing is that in this case, Windows mouse pointer is not caught again by WinUAE... so I see Windows mouse pointer over WinUAE full-window but can't click and fully switch back to WinUAE actually. Still have to find a reproducible pattern but it happened at least 3 times...

Would be "ok" if the program from where you started ALT+TAB gets back "active status" in case there are no other windows to switch to, but the problem is that sometimes Win input (LMB, RMB, keyboard...) is suspended (looks like WinUAE input hook is handling them but you see moveable Windows mouse pointer and WinUAE window in not active, hence you can't reactivate it!).... weird Win issues indeed...

Last edited by hexaae; 21 October 2019 at 19:16.